+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Very underwhelming performance from the kiwis. Looks good on the scoreboard, but the reality is they were facing a very poor and tired Canadian side. Great rugby when the canadians put up no resistance, but the minute any small measure of resistance was shown New Zealand seemed clueless. I think theres a huge chance for England or Wales this tournament

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Very underwhelming performance from the kiwis. Looks good on the scoreboard, but the reality is they were facing a very poor and tired Canadian side. Great rugby when the canadians put up no resistance, but the minute any small measure of resistance was shown New Zealand seemed clueless. I think theres a huge chance for England or Wales this tournament
    They won 63-0. There is no possible way you can read weakness into that. They scored at a point a minute for the first hour. The job was done and dusted ages ago. Clueless is not the appropriate word.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..it was only a couple of weeks ago that the bandwagon was full of sheep saying SA were going to win it..and now were going to waltz through the possible semi against them
    I think Wales have always had a serious shot at getting to the final but it was hugely dependant on beating Australia.

A QF against France or Argentina would give us nothing to fear but certainly no walk over.

A SF against SA would be incredibly difficult but we have a decent record against them so although being underdogs this team know they have beaten them in recent years.

Then its a final against England or NZ. v England 50/50; v NZ 70/30.

Put it against the alternative: QF - England; SF - NZ; Final - SA = No chance.

You can read weakness quite easily by looking at the number of dropped balls, number of knock ons and the number of basic mistakes. Add in the fact that this Canadian team are coming off a short turnaround after getting thumped by Italy. I think Steve Hansen will be giving them an absolute hammering after that performance, because if they make a tenth of those mistakes against a good side they will find themselves in trouble. New Zealand generally do the basics to an extremely high standard, that's now 2 games in a row where they have failed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    You can read weakness quite easily by looking at the number of dropped balls, number of knock ons and the number of basic mistakes. Add in the fact that this Canadian team are coming off a short turnaround after getting thumped by Italy. I think Steve Hansen will be giving them an absolute hammering after that performance, because if they make a tenth of those mistakes against a good side they will find themselves in trouble. New Zealand generally do the basics to an extremely high standard, that's now 2 games in a row where they have failed to do so.
    Your posts make perfect sense.

It’s just like that on here sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Can Biggar be back next game if he's failed a HIA? Not that he'd necessarily start the next one but how long are you out?
    Yes mate. There's a couple of stages to it.

If he hasn't shown clear signs of recovery 3 days before next game tho - he's automatically ruled out. Not sure what the stages are, but they are very overprotective and rightly so. But failing a HIA on one day does not rule you out. There's a lot of tests to go through tho apparently

Yes Biggar is likely to be fit for Fiji. We will have a strong side out for what will be a tough game. Win that and we can rest key players in what will be a much less challenging game against Uruguay.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Yes mate. There's a couple of stages to it.

If he hasn't shown clear signs of recovery 3 days before next game tho - he's automatically ruled out. Not sure what the stages are, but they are very overprotective and rightly so. But failing a HIA on one day does not rule you out. There's a lot of tests to go through tho apparently
    Cheers Danny

Australia v Uruguay on now. Can't see them conceeding a single point. Also Argentina +16.5?
    Yes England are good - but 17 points better than Argentina 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Australia v Uruguay on now. Can't see them conceeding a single point. Also Argentina +16.5?
    Yes England are good - but 17 points better than Argentina 🤔
    On form probably

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    On form probably
    Will be way more than 17 now. Red card 👀

That is abysmal from Nigel Owens tbh. Sends Argentina player off - but England have carte blanche to tackle people in the air

bonus point on the way..can they afford to put reserves out against France.so they can join the ' easier ' half of the draw?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    On form probably
    I guess yes.

International

The score wasn't that impressive against 14 men. Nothing for them to shout about!!

England have an immense bench/31...we can only dream..( as well as ALL the other countries ) of such luxuries .
    They will win this World Cup at a canter.
    They have the biggest choice of quality players by ****ing miles.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    England have an immense bench/31...we can only dream..( as well as ALL the other countries ) of such luxuries .
    They will win this World Cup at a canter.
    They have the biggest choice of quality players by ****ing miles.
    That’s a bold statement. I’d fancy us all day long against England if both squads were at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The score wasn't that impressive against 14 men. Nothing for them to shout about!!
    The media will build them up as the winners already.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    The media will build them up as the winners already.
    I got bored at half time watching their game and did some work instead after the break, look impressive going forward when they have the ball, quick backs, Wales have the game to beat them and currently England bottle it on the big occasion, I'd fancy Wales to beat them at this WC, can only see NZ or SA winning this tournament however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I got bored at half time watching their game and did some work instead after the break, look impressive going forward when they have the ball, quick backs, Wales have the game to beat them and currently England bottle it on the big occasion, I'd fancy Wales to beat them at this WC, can only see NZ or SA winning this tournament however.
    The Blacks for me they do look amazing on times .

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I think England are the only team with the capacity to test NZ.

I also think that Wales; NZ; Aus & SA could beat England.

England look great going forward when their pack is dominating. They won't dominate those teams up front.

Wales v England will be full of too much 6 Nations type emotion and could go either way.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I think England are the only team with the capacity to test NZ.

I also think that Wales; NZ; Aus & SA could beat England.

England look great going forward when their pack is dominating. They won't dominate those teams up front.

Wales v England will be full of too much 6 Nations type emotion and could go either way.

New Zealand remain the team to beat and they look impressive. That last try today was unbelievable and would not have looked out of place in a 7’s tournament.
    The dark horse has to be France. They have looked mediocre at best and disinterested at times, especially in the current match. Yet time and time again they suddenly explode before then imploding in the next match. On the basis the next match is a bit of a dead rubber whoever gets them in the knockout phase may get the fright of their lives.
    All said and done this is turning into a very decent and competitive World Cup.

France v Tonga going to the wire.

Same as usual it's only going to be the southern hemisphere with perhaps England to test them. Special shout out to the French who do like a good runners up medal.

Thought Ireland may have done alright but Japan exposed them. Wales on their day are a match for most but I just don't see us getting through three bruising encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s a bold statement. I’d fancy us all day long against England if both squads were at full strength.
    ...but if we play them it'll be in the final..after games againt Fiji..France..S.Africa we won't be anywhere near full strength