+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Go Bokke

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Spare a thought for us poor feckers living in Ingerlund tomorrow and pray the Boks do ‘em!

If not we’ll have to endure ‘Sweet Chariots’ and feckin p1ssed up Henrys for years

Go Bokke!

our boys did us proud
    I feel for you , having lived in Wokingham for 3 -4 years ( don't know where you are ) . It was Chariots and all things English superiority Central . No one else existed and was seen as inferior .

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Spare a thought for us poor feckers living in Ingerlund tomorrow and pray the Boks do ‘em!

If not we’ll have to endure ‘Sweet Chariots’ and feckin p1ssed up Henrys for years

Go Bokke!

our boys did us proud
    Could never, ever support the Dutch Boers against a team from the UK. End of really....

Well I've lived and worked in England for many many years and I've also lived in other places. England is about equal with the USA as the best, and I wouldn't live here if I held these strange nasty little resentments which the OP mentions.
    It's a real eye opener here sometimes and it's shocking to discover how nasty some people secretly are. I don't suppose the OP goes round his neighbourhood openly insulting everyone for being English as he's done here.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well I've lived and worked in England for many many years and I've also lived in other places. England is about equal with the USA as the best, and I wouldn't live here if I held these strange nasty little resentments which the OP mentions.
    It's a real eye opener here sometimes and it's shocking to discover how nasty some people secretly are. I don't suppose the OP goes round his neighbourhood openly insulting everyone for being English as he's done here.
    I left Wales in 1972 and since then lived in Germany and England. A bit of banter is fun and just like I never supported Germany when I lived there I feel nothing towards supporting England or Reading or any other teams apart from City and Wales and Glammy.

I also have worked all over the world and have friends of many nationalities and backgrounds. I don’t think I’ve insulted anyone as you imply and unlike a lot of people in the UK openly welcome people from outside.

Get real and recognise it for what it is!

I live in England too. I get my fair share of ribbing over Wales and my English friends and colleagues know I’ll be wanting South Africa to win today. Don’t think we’d really want it any other way and certainly nobody’s daft enough to be insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I live in England too. I get my fair share of ribbing over Wales and my English friends and colleagues know I’ll be wanting South Africa to win today. Don’t think we’d really want it any other way and certainly nobody’s daft enough to be insulted.
    I've lived in England for 40 years and everyone I know here seems to wish Wales in sporting occasions and I would feel churlish wanting them to lose. I can enjoy seeing my English friends when their teams have any success and even hosted them in my beach bar when their football team played in their games in the football World Cup. Similarly, when I lived in Germany I enjoyed being with my German friends when their football team progressed in various competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I've lived in England for 40 years and everyone I know here seems to wish Wales in sporting occasions and I would feel churlish wanting them to lose. I can enjoy seeing my English friends when their teams have any success and even hosted them in my beach bar when their football team played in their games in the football World Cup. Similarly, when I lived in Germany I enjoyed being with my German friends when their football team progressed in various competitions.
    I suppose it really highlights how we’re all different. A bit of judgement is required in these areas.

I suppose it really highlights how we’re all different. A bit of judgement is required in these areas.
    For my part, I think it better to define ourselves with positives rather than negatives

For my part, I think it better to define ourselves with positives rather than negatives
    For mine, I actually think it’s a sign of friendship that we can tease each other and have fun at each other expense. Nobody's defining themselves, it’s really just a bit of fun around sport.

For mine, I actually think it’s a sign of friendship that we can tease each other and have fun at each other expense. Nobody's defining themselves, it’s really just a bit of fun around sport.
    Fun? Good lord. I remember fun.................

Fun? Good lord. I remember fun.................

You have a beach bar in Taunton?! As for Germany, I am a massive teutonophile but absolutely love when their football team loses. Also agree with the OP - c'mon SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Could never, ever support the Dutch Boers against a team from the UK. End of really....
    I always support the home countries against whoever they come up against. I lived in London for 3 years and had no problems there, people I met were generally very nice. So, I'll be rooting for England!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    You have a beach bar in Taunton?! As for Germany, I am a massive teutonophile but absolutely love when their football team loses. Also agree with the OP - c'mon SA.
    Yes, at the foot of my garden.

If you are a football fan and a Teutonophile try these links:

1. An interesting article about Union Berlin and their fans who donated blood to help the club survive.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225455

2. A fascinating documentary about an escapee from East Berlin excavating tunnels back into East Germany to help others escape.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07r39cw

Yes, at the foot of my garden.

If you are a football fan and a Teutonophile try these links:

1. An interesting article about Union Berlin and their fans who donated blood to help the club survive.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225455

2. A fascinating documentary about an escapee from East Berlin excavating tunnels back into East Germany to help others escape.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07r39cw
    That tunnel thing - yes, have been listening to that. It's marvellous.

I also enjoy fishing and sometimes they bite really easily

So I take it those living down west also support the Jacks?

That England scrum is taking on a lot of water

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

IMO wales stood up to the Boks power game better in a game they could easily have won
    England seem to have brought their over confident attitude to this game. An attitude which Wales have often capitalised on in the past

They think it's all over.

Well now it is

Oh Joy

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

The English hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    They think it's all over.

Well now it is

So Gatland was right then

Glad SA won as the England coach always comes across as a smug fecker. Plus I'm sure he played the part of the cruellest guard in the BBC drama series Tenko.