+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Good luck Wales. Hope they play to their full potential and we’ll see how far that takes them. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Re: Rugby thread. If you don’t like the game, no need to click on

Will what's happened with Howley have an effect?

Still think New Zealand would win it comfortably if every side played to their full potential, but they're more fallible than they have been - even if Wales don't let the Howley situation get to them, it seems to me that the evidence of their games over the last year says that they will not have the attacking ability to open up the best defences often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Still think New Zealand would win it comfortably if every side played to their full potential, but they're more fallible than they have been - even if Wales don't let the Howley situation get to them, it seems to me that the evidence of their games over the last year says that they will not have the attacking ability to open up the best defences often enough.
    I would say the Howley situation will have little or no effect inside the Welsh camp bubble.The media are trying to portray it as catastrophic but that's their job I guess.Unlike football the welsh national team are the pinnacle of a triangle of which all the regional coaches are part of so Howleys replacement Steven Jones is well up to speed with what's going on inside the camp and won't have to learn/change anything.

More importantly, can we Send Giggs home for any of our games ???

I believe Japan's inability to catch a ball may affect their chances whilst Russia's inability to play the game very well may affect theirs - its good fun though

I’d say the Howley incident will have a slight effect, but it’s difficult to gauge how much.
    I agree with you about the All Blacks. I think they’ll win it, but as good as they are, or can be, they have got form for “bottling it”.
    It does appear to be the most open World Cup so far, and with the Japanese public right up for it, it promises to be a great tournament.

I am sure there are people who will be rolling their eyes at the prospect of this 'minority sport' being all over the news and on social media for the next six weeks.

It is refreshing to see that the Japanese people are embracing the prospect of watching the world's best rugby teams, turning out in their numbers to watch just the training sessions and even take time to learn the Welsh National anthem!

There seems a feeling that football has lived in the shadow of rugby for far too long in Wales and that rugby is perceived as the national sport here.
    It's true that the western mail and more recently WOL rarely have a balanced view but one of the many reasons I've heard offered up for being anti-egg is that more people play and watch the beautiful game in Wales as oppose to the 'man's game' and the perception is unfounded.

With all the current hype and hullabaloo taking place in the land of the rising sun, I wonder if the die hard sumo wrestling fans feel the same way.

Come on Wales

Russia started like a house on fire. All a bit drab now.

Russia are poor,Japan won't enjoy the space against the better sides and their kicking game is poor as was their ko receive.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Good luck Wales. Hope they play to their full potential and we’ll see how far that takes them. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I think the World Cup is 6 months too late for Wales,shame tho.

Games on such weird times, I haven’t got a clue when any are on so will miss most the media hype thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Games on such weird times, I haven’t got a clue when any are on so will miss most the media hype thankfully.
    If you’re thankful for missing it why open the thread?

I’m not a big rugby fan but I’ll watch it, I can’t say I give a toss about many of the Olympic sports but like many sit through hours of that too, it’s a big occasion on the world stage, you’re not in a pub surrounded by city mates now you can shrug the silly act. Get behind the boys ffs.

It'll be the one sporting event of the year I'll not watch a second of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I might watch Wales games in the knockout stages if they're on at a reasonable hour. I think I'd definitely watch the final if Wales get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Personally I wish Mike would delete rugger threads. This is a footie forum after all, with occasional diversions. Plenty of other forums for rugger talk.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Personally I wish Mike would delete rugger threads. This is a footie forum after all, with occasional diversions. Plenty of other forums for rugger talk.
    So should the politics threads be deleted? If you don’t like rugby why not do as the thread starter suggested and just ignore the thread?
    Leave it to those of us who enjoy the game to post on this thread. It’s really no big deal.

I think we can have a rugby world cup thread like we have an ashes thread and a glammy thread.

Just keep it all in here.

But we have to put up with people fawning over the English cricket team?

(Yes I know its the English and Welsh Cricket Board but ffs Wales gets silenced)

Do you say "rugger" because you're Jeremy Corbyn? Surely that word is more Boris Johnson.

Great game at the moment between Australia and Fiji - the latter got off to a very fast start, but Australia are fighting back and I reckon Fiji will tire as the game goes on.

Looks like one of the Australia try scorers should have been sent off in the 25th minute when the score was Australia 7 Fiji 11. Game changing moment.

The draw, from a casual fans perspective, means that today we have three big games, tomorrow one big game, Monday one big game and then nothing of interest until next Sunday. Of course it never plays out like that but on paper it's a very dull end to the first week.

France playing some lovely rugby early on

Argentina really coming back into this one.
    France’s discipline is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Argentina really coming back into this one.
    France’s discipline is shocking.
    Excellent second half!!

Last minute penalty to Argentina on halfway line