+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Wales win Countryfile One man and his dog competition. Is this an omen? No Kiwis in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    Wales win Countryfile One man and his dog competition. Is this an omen? No Kiwis in it though.
    Did you think that they should replace the sheep or the sheepdogs?

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game and hopefully a chance to concentrate on the rugby rather than Rob Howley.

Will be interesting to see how Wales play, as they got dragged into Georgia’s type of game a few years ago, admittedly with a changed team and were lucky to win. The conditions are not supposed to be great tomorrow but Wales will need to play in wider channels rather than in tight.

Re: Rugby thread. If you don’t like the game, no need to click on

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Personally I wish Mike would delete rugger threads. This is a footie forum after all, with occasional diversions. Plenty of other forums for rugger talk.
    But we have to put up with people fawning over the English cricket team?

(Yes I know its the English and Welsh Cricket Board but ffs Wales gets silenced)

Re: Rugby thread. If you don’t like the game, no need to click on

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Scotland are effortlessly shite sometimes aren't they
    Scotland have no power in terms of world class ball carriers.

Their game v Japan will be like the Harlem Globetrotters v the Washington Generals. Full of skills but no grunt.

Fiji have been talked up but their scrum is porridge and Wales will bore them out of the game. I'll be amazed if we got sucked into playing their game. It'll be like a Jose Chelsea v an Ossie Spurs.

Neither really. They'd be difficult to spot and can't bark.🥝🥝

Brilliant start, cutting Georgia to shreds off 1st phase ball.

Bonus point secured at half time. Could do with giving some of the bench a bit of a run out early ahead of the Aussies game now, and wrap AWJ, Biggar etc in cotton wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Bonus point secured at half time. Could do with giving some of the bench a bit of a run out early ahead of the Aussies game now, and wrap AWJ, Biggar etc in cotton wool.
    Commentators concur

Try Georgia.
    Someone mentioned the lapse in officiating these days with feeding in scrums and lineouts not straight.

From the overhead camera that lineout that led to the try was definitely not straight.

Come on Wales
    Sat in the poolside bar watching the game in Menorca
    Great first half

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    Come on Wales
    Sat in the poolside bar watching the game in Menorca
    Great first half
    Forgive my ignorance (as I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to rugby) but how can you tell the first half was great when Wales are playing such minnows?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Forgive my ignorance (as I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to rugby) but how can you tell the first half was great when Wales are playing such minnows?
    If Wales football played say Cyprus and were 4-0 up at half time having taking most of their chances, kept the lions share of possession and defended well would you not say it was a great first half?

That is roughly how the first half panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If Wales football played say Cyprus and were 4-0 up at half time having taking most of their chances, kept the lions share of possession and defended well would you not say it was a great first half?

That is roughly how the first half panned out.
    And I’d say Georgia are probably one of the best, if not the best, tier 2 nations of recent years. 1st half was almost faultless, but 2nd half was disjointed which was hardly surprising given the changes, the score and Georgia improved.

And I’d say Georgia are probably one of the best, if not the best, tier 2 nations of recent years. 1st half was almost faultless, but 2nd half was disjointed which was hardly surprising given the changes, the score and Georgia improved.
    Yeah, second half wasn't great but it was job done by that point and the inevitable changes came given we were in a position to do so.

I couldn't really think of a football team who aren't completely awful but on the edge of being competitive so chose Cyprus as the nearest thing to that.

A bonus point win was what was required with the crunch game coming against the Aussies next Sunday and the safety net of Fiji should we lose that.

Thought Wales played well - not sure how you can have an english ref for the game - he's on a loser whichever way decisions go!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Thought Wales played well - not sure how you can have an english ref for the game - he's on a loser whichever way decisions go!
    An English ref who was born in Pontypool and even played for Wales Exiles!

Passing of the ball and good running , good movement of the players
    But hey you stick to watching foreign football

Good start. Disappointing that Cory Hill may have to go home.
    Australia next up on Sunday.

You’re right you have little knowledge of Rugby Union, Wales at present ranked 4th in World, Georgia 12th out of 105 International teams, hardly minnows!!

I understand that Georgia are the team people talk about replacing Italy in the 6 Nations (or the team that are most likely to if a promotion/relegation system came in) so what could have been a stumbling block was navigated quite nicely. Definitely things to improve upon though, and it will be gutting in Hill has to go home as it's not a position we have strongest depth in.

Has there been any outcome to the Aussie player being cited yet? Could it potentially mean missing one game or is it a case of whether a longer term ban is needed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I understand that Georgia are the team people talk about replacing Italy in the 6 Nations (or the team that are most likely to if a promotion/relegation system came in) so what could have been a stumbling block was navigated quite nicely. Definitely things to improve upon though, and it will be gutting in Hill has to go home as it's not a position we have strongest depth in.

Has there been any outcome to the Aussie player being cited yet? Could it potentially mean missing one game or is it a case of whether a longer term ban is needed or not?
    The hearing is Wednesday, will be interesting to see the outcome as it seems the pundits are split whether it was a red or yellow card. If he is banned it’ll be a couple of weeks minimum. Either way any outcome won’t help Fiji.

The hearing is Wednesday, will be interesting to see the outcome as it seems the pundits are split whether it was a red or yellow card. If he is banned it’ll be a couple of weeks minimum. Either way any outcome won’t help Fiji.
    Reading some Aussie fans views on Reddit I doubt they'll be too concerned about losing Hodge anyway.

I think we'll see a completely different Australia to what we did against Fiji. As soon as they decided to keep it tight and attack the fringes of the ruck Fiji looked clueless. Australia will prefer a looser game against Wales, their backline is still devastating.

Yep we always struggle with the brilliance of Aus running rugby. I’m hoping our pack might put them on the back foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Reading some Aussie fans views on Reddit I doubt they'll be too concerned about losing Hodge anyway.

I think we'll see a completely different Australia to what we did against Fiji. As soon as they decided to keep it tight and attack the fringes of the ruck Fiji looked clueless. Australia will prefer a looser game against Wales, their backline is still devastating.
    That’s interesting as I thought he seemed a decent player.

Agreed about a different Australia but also think you’ll see a better Wales team. They ground the Aussies down in the Autumn internationals and I’ll think it’ll be more of the same this time if they do win. As you say the Aussies are lethal with ball in hand, so Wales will try to keep things tight although they need to scrummage even better than they against Georgia.