+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Sergio Parrisse making the (good) point that if NZ had been needing 5 points they would probably have found a way to play it elsewhere

https://twitter.com/ITVRugby/status/...351350784?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sergio Parrisse making the (good) point that if NZ had been needing 5 points they would probably have found a way to play it elsewhere

https://twitter.com/ITVRugby/status/...351350784?s=20
    Definitely!
    Same as Thiery Henry’s hand ball in the WC qualifier against the ROI. If it had been the other way round and France had missed out on qualifying there would have been a right shit storm kicked up!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Definitely!
    Same as Thiery Henry’s hand ball in the WC qualifier against the ROI. If it had been the other way round and France had missed out on qualifying there would have been a right shit storm kicked up!
    I bet Japan would hate to go through because of a typhoon as well, feels a bit grubby at their own world cup

Re: Rugby thread. If you don’t like the game, no need to click on

Derby County advising on the weather

In the not too distant past, some folk were winning the jackpot on the football pools, after the “pools panel” predicted the outcome of games cancelled due to the weather.
    Any sport becomes a bit of an embarrassment when the results are predicted.
    Can’t remember the last game of rugby union that ended 0-0. 🤔
    I don’t think the progression of a major sporting tournament being based on a decided result is the same as a game being played based on the sport being decided so the game can be played.

Let’s be honest Scotland being eliminated because of this isn’t a joke and shows terrible planning. It would be bad enough even without team being eliminated.

I don’t get what the point of your last sentence is. Makes the fact these games are being called 0-0 even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I don’t think the progression of a major sporting tournament being based on a decided result is the same as a game being played based on the sport being decided so the game can be played.

Let’s be honest Scotland being eliminated because of this isn’t a joke and shows terrible planning. It would be bad enough even without team being eliminated.

I don’t get what the point of your last sentence is. Makes the fact these games are being called 0-0 even worse.
    I’ve read your 1st paragraph 6 times and still can’t make sense of it.

I’ve read your 1st paragraph 6 times and still can’t make sense of it.
    Well it makes sense. I can break it down for you to make it easier:

Professional sport being decided by a prediction bad

A game being played by punters being decided by a panel making a decision not bad.

I eventually got there with the first paragraph but it was written in a pretty weird way.

However the 2nd paragraph has me beat

“Let’s be honest Scotland being eliminated because of this isn’t a joke and shows terrible planning. It would be bad enough even without team being eliminated.”

International

Definitely!
    Not to mention us agianst Chelsea last season. I was amazed that Arsenal didn't make more of a fuss over that too.

Aussies not giving much away for England in their match v Georgia. They haven't got out of 2nd gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Aussies not giving much away for England in their match v Georgia. They haven't got out of 2nd gear.
    Could say that but every time they have tried to spread it they drop the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Could say that but every time they have tried to spread it they drop the ball.
    I'd say it's difficult to get up for a game like this and concentration level may not be what it should be. They know the quarters are guaranteed and not only will they want to keep their cards close to their chest, they want to avoid injury.
    Doubt we'll see such a passive performance against England.
    Comfortable win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    As mentioned above the tournament looks more than a bit tinpot if a pool is decided on bad weather.

I also agree that there should have been scope for postponing a game "on the fly" as there are a lot of gaps in this tournament.

To retain the slightest bit of integrity the least they could do is send their kickers out onto a pitch and have a "kick off" similar to a pelanty shoot-out.

Imagine if one of the fancied sides were in Scotland's position.
    I'm sure the all powerful TMO would find something to offer them a helping hand.
    Can’t they just go off past fixtures? Average the score and use that?

Or the obvious thing already being touted move the game or delay it a day.

Videos of the aftermath of that hurricane on twitter ain't good. Brings things into perspective - don't know what else to say apart from hope no one dies

Scotland v Japan match goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Scotland v Japan match goes ahead.
    Just been reading your earlier post about missed tackles and conceding tries. It has been bothering me as well but as lame as this is going to sound I think there are mitigating circumstances in each. Against Georgia we were 20 up after 20 minutes. We relaxed and 'let' their big pack build a head of steam and rumble over for a couple. First half v aussies we were superb. 2nd half they threw caution to the wind and I believe that there is no better team in world rugby than them when they release the handbreak and play natural rugby. We did well and defended well to keep it down to the 3. Against Fiji we did defend poorly. But they are freakish and we do have mental scarring from them. Bit like we did with the samoans until we beat them in pool in 2011. But agree we must be better than the Fiji game. There all my excuses made! Think the quarters will go back to being a bit more tight and tactical especially between 2 European 'giants'

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Just been reading your earlier post about missed tackles and conceding tries. It has been bothering me as well but as lame as this is going to sound I think there are mitigating circumstances in each. Against Georgia we were 20 up after 20 minutes. We relaxed and 'let' their big pack build a head of steam and rumble over for a couple. First half v aussies we were superb. 2nd half they threw caution to the wind and I believe that there is no better team in world rugby than them when they release the handbreak and play natural rugby. We did well and defended well to keep it down to the 3. Against Fiji we did defend poorly. But they are freakish and we do have mental scarring from them. Bit like we did with the samoans until we beat them in pool in 2011. But agree we must be better than the Fiji game. There all my excuses made! Think the quarters will go back to being a bit more tight and tactical especially between 2 European 'giants'
    The bulk of those missed tackles were against Radradra and Matuvesi, two of the most destructive wingers in world rugby. Whilst disappointing they only missed nine against the rest of the team.

As for the person above who called them powerful fatties they certInly aren’t fat.

Good post.

Yep good post by Lord W. What a day ahead. Wales will do the job against Uruguay. No injuries please.
    Then Japan v Scotland should be a cracker. Then off to Cardiff fairly early so that we can park up for the big game tonight.

Uruguay’s anthem is a rather jaunty number it has to be said....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep good post by Lord W. What a day ahead. Wales will do the job against Uruguay. No injuries please.
    Then Japan v Scotland should be a cracker. Then off to Cardiff fairly early so that we can park up for the big game tonight.
    Same here!!

Same here!!
    Where are you driving from?

Atrocious first half

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Atrocious first half
    Which will have absolutely no bearing on our Qtr final.

Which will have absolutely no bearing on our Qtr final.
    Well let’s hope not. This game isnt won yet.