+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Try Georgia.
    Someone mentioned the lapse in officiating these days with feeding in scrums and lineouts not straight.

From the overhead camera that lineout that led to the try was definitely not straight.

...twas I...they just throw it straight to their jumper..not down the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    That’s interesting as I thought he seemed a decent player.

Agreed about a different Australia but also think you’ll see a better Wales team. They ground the Aussies down in the Autumn internationals and I’ll think it’ll be more of the same this time if they do win. As you say the Aussies are lethal with ball in hand, so Wales will try to keep things tight although they need to scrummage even better than they against Georgia.
    I think we'll play a similar game that we played against England in the 6N. Go through the phases and attack tight.

Can't see the wingers seeing much ball.

I think we'll win by choking them out of the game. I also think it's imperative that we do as a QF against England has us going home.
    Have got France as my dark horses though so wouldn't be surprised if they beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    Passing of the ball and good running , good movement of the players
    But hey you stick to watching foreign football
    I was asking an open question in order to be educated and expressed my ignorance about the subject - so I'm not sure why that elicits the response you gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    You’re right you have little knowledge of Rugby Union, Wales at present ranked 4th in World, Georgia 12th out of 105 International teams, hardly minnows!!
    I'm always happy to learn regardless who educates me, old bean. And to educate myself a little more I just looked up the world rankings and see that Georgia is ahead of both Italy and Tonga. I go to sleep tonight knowing more than I did when I woke up this morning - so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm always happy to learn regardless who educates me, old bean. And to educate myself a little more I just looked up the world rankings and see that Georgia is ahead of both Italy and Tonga. I go to sleep tonight knowing more than I did when I woke up this morning - so I can't complain.
    You don't even know what a rugby is m8

Uruguay beat Fiji 30-27.
    Superb result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Uruguay beat Fiji 30-27.
    Superb result.
    Huge for Uruguay as finishing 3rd in the group gives automatic qualification to the next World Cup. Gives them a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Huge for Uruguay as finishing 3rd in the group gives automatic qualification to the next World Cup. Gives them a great chance.
    Haven't seen the tries so perhaps in the corner but see that Fiji only converted 1 of their 5 tries, whilst Uraguay popped all their 3 over. Pretty crucially in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    The hearing is Wednesday, will be interesting to see the outcome as it seems the pundits are split whether it was a red or yellow card. If he is banned it’ll be a couple of weeks minimum. Either way any outcome won’t help Fiji.
    Hodge banned for 3 weeks so won’t play in any of the remaining group games.

great tournament

Uruguay beat Fiji 30-27.
    Superb result.
    Wow, just seen this.

Fantastic. I've seen precious little of the competition so far but what I have seen (Scotland's embarrassing surrender apart) has been great. I'll get more involved.

Italy stuffed Canada earlier. Glad they’re enjoying their rugby at the moment as they’re usually on the receiving end of it.
    SA and NZ to come for then though.

England stuffing USA at the moment and he US have just had a red card for a disgraceful “tackle” on Farrell after the whistle had gone for a knock on.

The business end is going to be very interesting. As much as the SH teams will be favourites, England Ireland and us are all capable of throwing a spanner in the works.

5 hours its my boys v Japan. Even though Sexton being rested - Ireland will beat Japan by 20-25.

Then..... You guys v Aussies. Pfffttt. What a game.
    Funny feeling that Halfpenny is gonna leave Chieka crying. Good luck my Welsh amigos

Japan giving Ireland a good game. 3 points in it with half hour to play.

Japan take the lead with quarter of the game left

japan ahead

Brilliant.
    Nothing against Ireland at all but I hope Japan hold onto this.

Great to see Japan leading but my enjoyment has just been tarnished by seeing a Leeds flag.
    Scotland could struggle to get out of the group.

Japan lead by 7, with 7 mins to go. Great game.

What an enjoyable game.

Japan win. They were the better team too.

Brilliant by Japan.
    Why the feck did the Irish player kick it straight into touch after the gong had gone and the advantage was over?

Brilliant by Japan.
    Why the feck did the Irish player kick it straight into touch after the gong had gone and the advantage was over?
    I was wondering that too. Maybe he was happy with a losing bonus point.

Brilliant by Japan.
    Odd decision at the end. Nice to see the hosts making a go of it.