+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Do they use squad numbers or has there just been loads of replacements?

Well done Wales. I only saw the second half so no idea how we won that!
    No squad numbers

Huge to win the group. Miss England in the QF and NZ in the semi (if we win in the QF obviously) now don’t we!?

(If it all goes as expected in other groups)

Cracking stuff. Aussies are so mentally tough and don’t know when they’re beaten. Wales great first-half.

A fantastic win and a gutsy win. That was agonising to watch. We just held out but that was a horrible last thirty minutes. Australia were superb in the second half.

I thought Kerevi was magnificent for Aus.

What a leader we have in Alun Wyn Jones.
    Man mountain. Will go down as one of our best ever players.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a leader we have in Alun Wyn Jones.
    Man mountain. Will go down as one of our best ever players.
    An all time great

I'm going to start with a whinge - although it certainly helped Wales, the game of rugby is not best served when three of the last ten minutes of a tremendous game are taken up by a single scrum.

Having got that out of the way, other Welsh sides have been put under much less pressure by Australia than this one was in the second half today and lost to them. That for me is Gatland's greatest achievement, he has improved the mentality of the team to the extent that they keep a focus and an inner confidence that is strong enough to take them through the toughest of tests - there is no way we should have won that game once Australia had got to within a point of us.

It was great to see us looking so sharp in attack in the first half (I didn't think we could reach that sort of standard against good sides), but our set pieces need to improve because we were struggling in scrum and line out from about the half hour mark onwards.

that long scrum was just wrong..should stop the clock at scrums I think..

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    that long scrum was just wrong..should stop the clock at scrums I think..
    Yes it suited us perfectly but the flick really should have been stopped.
    Our set pieces are a problem. The line out was ok in the end but we did lose a couple. The scrum has become a problem. Not sure why. It was solid in the SixNations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes it suited us perfectly but the flick really should have been stopped.
    Our set pieces are a problem. The line out was ok in the end but we did lose a couple. The scrum has become a problem. Not sure why. It was solid in the SixNations.
    Left Rob Evans at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Left Rob Evans at home?
    I was very surprised at that although Evans is known for his ball playing abilities rather than scrummaging. He really should have been in the squad though

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For a team described as one of the best defensive units in the world we don’t half concede some soft tries.
    I thought the Aussie fries were really well worked.

Regardless of the state of their national game they constantly have imo the best handling skills of any nation.

I thought the Aussie fries were really well worked.

Regardless of the state of their national game they constantly have imo the best handling skills of any nation.
    The NZ lot for me.

Even their forwards have better handling skills than a lot of nations backs!

A lot of teams will have seen how that big Aussie centre made yardage time after time, but these are the games we have previously lost and this time a bit of Tomos Williams magic saw a positive outcome instead. A lot of rugby left to play.

By his expression I suspect this may have been a bit of a surprise for George North.

6CB5F0AE-FDD6-486A-BDC4-FCD7D7EABDC4.jpg

Will England engineer a bonus point defeat in one of they're final games so they can join us in the 'easy' side of the draw ?

Will England engineer a bonus point defeat in one of they're final games so they can join us in the 'easy' side of the draw ?
    Against France or Argentina?
    That could bite them in the arse though, that would be fantastic.

That would mean they play us in the quarter final. Would they prefer that than playing Australia?

yes I think they would..and they avoid the Big Guns in the Semi..Eddie is a crafty ****

yes I think they would..and they avoid the Big Guns in the Semi..Eddie is a crafty ****
    They would still have South Africa in the semi final and the AB’s likely to be in the final. Not sure it makes a lot of difference.

England have a phenomenal record against Australia recently losing only twice in the last twelve, including a tour down under.

A game against Wales would be the toss of a coin, although I think they'd be favourite. Saying that we haven't seen them under any stress yet but from now on they are and its certainly not a given that they win both the remaining group games.

I think they'd definitely prefer a QF against Aus and I also think they are the only side that can challenge the AB's.

If the pools go as expected from now on in Wales have a realistic shot at getting to the final.

England have a phenomenal record against Australia recently losing only twice in the last twelve, including a tour down under.

A game against Wales would be the toss of a coin, although I think they'd be favourite. Saying that we haven't seen them under any stress yet but from now on they are and its certainly not a given that they win both the remaining group games.

I think they'd definitely prefer a QF against Aus and I also think they are the only side that can challenge the AB's.

If the pools go as expected from now on in Wales have a realistic shot at getting to the final.
    I think you’re right Flashman, it’s an England v Wales Final for me and we usually upset England when they’re favourites!

..it was only a couple of weeks ago that the bandwagon was full of sheep saying SA were going to win it..and now were going to waltz through the possible semi against them

Does Beauden Barret only agree to turn up if his moron brothers are allowed to join in. His brothers are utter shite