+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship clubs to break away from EFL in Premier League-like move...

Championship clubs to break away from EFL in Premier League-like move...

...apologies if this has been posted before but I, for one, missed it.

Basically, they're unhappy with Sky's interpretation of the new contract, Sky's 'red button' offering and under-valuation of the Championship product in general. PL clubs get 3million each time a game is televised whilst Championship clubs get just 75,000 (sorry, no pound button on my keyboard).

Interesting, but remains to see whether it has legs:-

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49771802

Re: Championship clubs to break away from EFL in Premier League-like move...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...apologies if this has been posted before but I, for one, missed it.

Basically, they're unhappy with Sky's interpretation of the new contract, Sky's 'red button' offering and under-valuation of the Championship product in general. PL clubs get 3million each time a game is televised whilst Championship clubs get just 75,000 (sorry, no pound button on my keyboard).

Interesting, but remains to see whether it has legs:-

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49771802
    Which would people rather watch, Brighton v West Ham or Leeds v Derby ? OK, not exactly like-for-like in their respective leagues, but often when there's a choice - usually Sat tea time - I'll opt for the football match as opposed to the attack v defence of the Prem. league, and I reckon a lot of other people do also. I'm pretty sure the Championship clubs don't get a percentage which refelcts the actual viewing figures, not to mention the red button offering available now..