Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
I agree with you about movement and that is frustrating, often it seemed recently that Ralls was the only one actually offering himself for the short ball and when he got it all he could see was the backs of 4 players in a line 20 yards out - all marked.

Then he’d get criticised for not keeping possession.

That got better when Grujic came in and latterly when Pack arrived, was a little better yesterday with Bacuna, although I don’t see that as his game.

Hopefully when Pack is back we will see the midfield settle as him Ralls and one other.

Who that is I don’t know.

I guess lots would like it to be Tomlin, but I don’t know. I still can’t see him being more than an impact player.

Bacuna is the man in form, but how would the 3 line up then ?

Paterson is probably the favourite, but he’s not playing well and besides, I don’t see him as a midfielder ( or no 10) If he’s going to play I’d rather sacrifice a winger and if you are going to knock it long have him jumping against a full back and heading it across rather than flicking on which favours the defenders and keeper. He will also stop the full back getting forward . On the other hand I think Whyte deserves to keep his place and all 3 other wingers have a claim to start. So not an easy decision.

He’ll probably end up as our striker ��

At the moment we just need to accumulate some more points and if we do then I think performances will improve as players settle in and the side becomes more consistent. Probably never to the levels you’d like and unlikely to be playing the football you want, but more effective.
Tomlin is finished in my opinion. I don't even think that he's that good anyway. He likes to take a touch and he does follow his pass in support but i can't see anything else that gets me enthused about his game.