+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gavin Whyte

Gavin Whyte

Best game so far 👍 really impressed kept that side his own

Re: Gavin Whyte

Good to hear. I couldn't get down today but listened to the website commentary and from that he sounded to have stepped up a lot and to be more confident and sure of what he was doing.

Bacuna also seemed to have a good game - was that the judegement from those who could see as well as hear?

Ran his socks off today and was knackered for the last 20 mins. Have no idea why Warnock didn't take him off and bring on NML.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good to hear. I couldn't get down today but listened to the website commentary and from that he sounded to have stepped up a lot and to be more confident and sure of what he was doing.

Bacuna also seemed to have a good game - was that the judegement from those who could see as well as hear?
    TBH I've been a critic of Whyte until today - he was really impressive, Bacuna showed some pace and skill I didn't know he had

Bacuna was very prominent, definitely his best game in a City shirt. It will be interesting to see what happens when Pack is back and which two of Pack/Ralls/Bacuna NW goes with.

Definitely man of the match today, covered every blade. Was he voted man of the match?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Bacuna was very prominent, definitely his best game in a City shirt. It will be interesting to see what happens when Pack is back and which two of Pack/Ralls/Bacuna NW goes with.
    Why not all 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why not all 3?
    I wouldn't have a problem with it but Neil seems pretty wedded to the 4-2-3-1 system. I can't see any of those 3 playing further up the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue View Post
    Definitely man of the match today, covered every blade. Was he voted man of the match?
    I think it was Morrison.

This thread funny. He had an ok game for once. I mean ok. Nothing special imo. Finally realised how to track back and people laud him as MOM. For real?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    This thread funny. He had an ok game for once. I mean ok. Nothing special imo. Finally realised how to track back and people laud him as MOM. For real?
    Who was yours?

Who was yours?
    All about opinions - but thought Flint myself. Didn't put a foot wrong the day kept us solid. I don't dislike Whyte btw. He just creates nothing for us

Who was yours?
    I agree with him (and would probably go with Bacuna or one of the two centrebacks as MOM) - Whyte was industrious and did well but you can't say that he did that much in his main job as a wide attacker. Hoilett came on and created more in one half than he did in two. Encouraging signs though, he's getting better every game

What does he offer going forward? Sure he runs his bollocks off and tracks back but when our fullbacks get nosebleeds at the half way line is that really needed?

I thought Hoilett had a better game than him and Hoilett only played 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    What does he offer going forward? Sure he runs his bollocks off and tracks back but when our fullbacks get nosebleeds at the half way line is that really needed?

I thought Hoilett had a better game than him and Hoilett only played 45 minutes.
    What does it say about the more defensive players in midfield and fullbacks that Whyte is still needed to track back so i) frequently and ii) effectively? 8 games in and he's improving game on game.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What does it say about the more defensive players in midfield and fullbacks that Whyte is still needed to track back so i) frequently and ii) effectively? 8 games in and he's improving game on game.
    More importantly, what does it say about the tactics from above?

Whyte was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Didnt give their players a second on the ball, tackled back and covered for 90 minutes, ran at their defence continually, beat players, got crosses in etc. Radio and tv commentators all agreed he had a very good game.

Yes I would say they were both very energetic, put in a lot of work ,Whyte is very quick just needs work on his final pass .

Bacuna again played well in midfield, looks comfortable on the ball.

Flynn did well in my view.

It was a hot day as well .

Paterson is getting there still looks weighty though.

Pack and Bamba back in that team will make a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There's plenty wrong with the set up, imo wingers shouldn't be tracking all the way back into our own half, a few times today we had no out ball down the flanks because were deep (mainly the first half).

Whyte was shattered around the 70th minute, would he be as tired if he wasn't focused on the opposition full backs going forward? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I would say they were both very energetic, put in a lot of work ,Whyte is very quick just needs work on his final pass .

Flynn ?

30 odd years too late mate 😂

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I'm not expecting Bamba to come straight back into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Flynn ?

30 odd years too late mate ��
    Flynn was half the man Flint is..........literally

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Flynn was half the man Flint is..........literally
    😂😂