+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock getting the best out the team/squad again..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock getting the best out the team/squad again..

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Then the same applies to Joe Ralls so the only "success" of the last 10 years is Declan John who we let go for free!

Personally I think we did develop Joe Ralls, in the same way as Swansea developed Byers etc but you can also Cabango, Harries, Jack Evans to Swansea players who have had game time in their first team this season and they have all been completely developed by the club.
    I disagree we signed Ralls he spent less than 6 months in our academy before playing first team football.

Swansea decided on a policy of scouting younger players who they could then loan out, play in their U23s. They signed James, McBurnie, Grimes, Byers, Fulton, and others, James was the only one who spent time in their academy, and that was less than 1 year. This is not the sign of a successful academy, its the sign of a successful scout and sign policy.

You totally over egg the pudding with regards to Swansea's academy. In reality they had 3 players in their squad Saturday that spent time in their academy not 7.

Re: Warnock getting the best out the team/squad again..

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I disagree we signed Ralls he spent less than 6 months in our academy before playing first team football.

Swansea decided on a policy of scouting younger players who they could then loan out, play in their U23s. They signed James, McBurnie, Grimes, Byers, Fulton, and others, James was the only one who spent time in their academy, and that was less than 1 year. This is not the sign of a successful academy, its the sign of a successful scout and sign policy.

You totally over egg the pudding with regards to Swansea's academy. In reality they had 3 players in their squad Saturday that spent time in their academy not 7.
    Joe Ralls made his first team debut in August 2011 and I was sure this came after a full season playing for the Academy side. Having just checked my blog, I can confirm that this is correct because there's a report on a 2-0 win over Bristol City in which he scored both of the goals from October 2010 which mentions his summer move from Farnborough - it's down to opinions, but mine is that a full season in our Under 18 team means that he can probably be called a Cardiff Academy product.