+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock getting the best out the team/squad again..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock getting the best out the team/squad again..

Would you take that result and performance repeated over the next 38 games ?

We’d be the first team to get promoted without our players (hardly) scoring a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Would you take that result and performance repeated over the next 38 games ?

We’d be the first team to get promoted without our players (hardly) scoring a goal.
    I'd snap your hands, arms, legs and face off.

Winning is absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd snap your hands, arms, legs and face off.

Winning is absolutely fantastic.
    That’s 3,420 minutes of your life spent watching substandard football though.

You’ve got to reeeeally enjoy winning to put up with that many hours of dirge. I reckon you’d lose interest after 10 games.

I think I’d sacrifice 6 spots for a bit of quality on the way. Play off spot with some local youngsters and some creative play and some slick passing. Call me a purist.

That’s 3,420 minutes of your life spent watching substandard football though.

You’ve got to reeeeally enjoy winning to put up with that many hours of dirge. I reckon you’d lose interest after 10 games.

I think I’d sacrifice 6 spots for a bit of quality on the way. Play off spot with some local youngsters and some creative play and some slick passing. Call me a purist.
    Winning is ace. 17/18 was one of the best seasons of all time and it wasn't because of the football we played.

Winning is ace. 17/18 was one of the best seasons of all time and it wasn't because of the football we played.
    I preferred the football we played with Bellamy and the likes. That squad would have wiped the floor with Warnock’s.

....17/18 is the most recent success but one of the best seasons of all time is a bit rose tinted I reckon.

I preferred the football we played with Bellamy and the likes. That squad would have wiped the floor with Warnock’s.

....17/18 is the most recent success but one of the best seasons of all time is a bit rose tinted I reckon.
    In my memory it is, I've watched us for 20 years and we've never played good football save for a few years under Jones. We did it, and we did it while managing to piss off half the division. I hated losing to Blackpool with the better team, I hated being reliant on Bothroyd, I hated losing 3-0 to Boro and I hated getting hit for 6 by PNE. The Dave Jones era was good but we flattered to deceive, constantly. I didn't enjoy playing nice football while we drew 4-4 with Peterborough. I'd take winning over any of that.

In my memory it is, I've watched us for 20 years and we've never played good football save for a few years under Jones. We did it, and we did it while managing to piss off half the division. I hated losing to Blackpool with the better team, I hated being reliant on Bothroyd, I hated losing 3-0 to Boro and I hated getting hit for 6 by PNE. The Dave Jones era was good but we flattered to deceive, constantly. I didn't enjoy playing nice football while we drew 4-4 with Peterborough. I'd take winning over any of that.
    All time = 20 years. Ok. That is different.

Since 1999, 17/18 is probably one of the better seasons, yes.