+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just noticed something - our opponents this season

Just noticed something - our opponents this season

Current league positions of our opponents thus far.

Wins:
    15th (Middlesbrough)
    21st (Luton)
    24th (Huddersfield)

Draws:
    10th (Blackburn)
    12th (Fulham)
    18th (Derby)

Defeats:
    19th (Wigan)
    20th (Reading)

2 games out of 8 against top half teams. We managed to draw both of them. 2 defeats to sides just out of the relegation places. Today represents our best win of the season.

Our next 4 games are against teams currently 14th, 4th, 9th and 8th. We have tougher games coming up (based on league positions) than we've started the season against. I suspect that, by the time we've gone to Swansea at the end of October, we'll know whether this side is remotely capable of a playoff spot or whether it needs dismantling and major changes.

Re: Just noticed something - our opponents this season

I think the only thing we can say really about our start that we have played middling teams, although I suspect apart from Leeds, who we will beat anyway, noone is really standing out. I say that with due regard to Swansea who have had a great start, but who I suspect will struggle as the season goes on.
    I am pretty confident we are good enough for top 6 and I would go as far as to say that if we are top 6 in January serious money will be spent to strengthen.