Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I suppose they could switch to 4-3-3 and play Pack, Bacuna and Ralls with the latter being the one charged with getting forward to support the central striker (I think Ralls could score regularly at Championship level if he was given the licence to get further forward, but as a number ten type? Don't see it myself, so you'd still have the same problem I mentioned about there not being enough players who thought like forwards.

I don't think Warnock really wants Tomlin in the team and once Pack is fit, I don't see him starting many games. In the most recent one he played for us (Fulham) he played a pass that very few others at the club could through to Glatzer just after we'd scored which could easily have produced another goal, but that was, more or less, all he did in the game because he was in possession so little and, if you have as little of the ball as that, this manager would expect you to justify your place by your defensive contribution.

Back to central midfield, I think Ralls will always be picked by Neil Warnock at this level and he seems to see Pack as a very important on field influence, so I'd say Bacuna would be the, unlucky, one to miss out.
A lot of it isn’t just down to the formation I think. It’s player instructions and what they’re allowed to do.

2 teams playing a 433 with 3 CM could be 2 completely different attacking forces, we don’t necessarily need a 10 to get someone up to support the front 3 we just need a CM that’s allowed to push up.