+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just a quick thought on yesterday's match atmosphere

Just a quick thought on yesterday's match atmosphere

.. A hot sunny day always helps but considering there wasn't much to get you out of your seats for, I thought there was an excellent atmosphere, thanks in no small part to the Canton end. By contrast I can't remember a less effusive bunch at the CCS than Middlesbrough. Plus a 23k gate, which of course includes some empty seats but still very encouraging nevertheless..

Re: Just a quick thought on yesterday's match atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .. A hot sunny day always helps but considering there wasn't much to get you out of your seats for, I thought there was an excellent atmosphere, thanks in no small part to the Canton end. By contrast I can't remember a less effusive bunch at the CCS than Middlesbrough. Plus a 23k gate, which of course includes some empty seats but still very encouraging nevertheless..

Boro fans didn’t have much to sing about to be fair

It was good but the Hymns and Arias edition is the modern day equivalent to the Harold Shipman song and really shouldn't be sung.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Boro fans managed a half hearted "C'mon Boro" on 48 mins and that was it. Second only to Scunthorpe in the poorest support ever at CCS. First time I've seen our fans sitting down in the Canton (104) due to the poor nature of the match. Well done to the 103 Barmy Army who got the Bacuna chant going. That brightened things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It was good but the Hymns and Arias edition is the modern day equivalent to the Harold Shipman song and really shouldn't be sung.
    The original Hymns and Arias is a dreadful dirge anyway best reserved for Rugby matches IMO

I thought the atmosphere was sh1t for long periods. You could hear the players talking to each other. To be fair, the game wasn't the best either.

Compared to last season, where granted we typically had around 9k more in attendance, I thought the Canton End sounded quieter, with the songs dying off earlier.

It would be better if the other stands bothered to join in