+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: English voters in Wales tilted it towards Brexit

Re: English voters in Wales tilted it towards Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You come across as a bit of an expert on these things, I best ignore you.

Downloaded that for safe keeping.
    You do love to stray off topic by becoming personal , back to the topic was it Welsh or English folk voting to leave, and do you think Labour MP's should respect and back thier constituencies voting intentions to leave .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Cartoon looks and sounds like today's voting behavours at the Labour party conference hall .

I was only talking to someone who is ten years older than me and has lived all of his life in the upper Rhondda Valley about the number of English people living here compared to when he was younger on the weekend - he told me there are far more living here now than there was.

I was sceptical about the conclusion reached by the title given to this thread when I first saw it, but if it is right that there are something like 150,000 English born over sixty five year olds living in the country and the leave majority was 82,000, it has to follow that they had a big impact in deciding the result in Wales if they voted along the lines that over 65s did nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You do love to stray off topic by becoming personal , back to the topic was it Welsh or English folk voting to leave, and do you think Labour MP's should respect and back thier constituencies voting intentions to leave .
    What the feck?

I hope lardy didn't take it personally that I have downloaded the cartoon because I thought it was funny???

You asked that question before just a few hundred times so here is the same answer. They are elected to do what they think is best not what they think everybody wants.

If MPs were supposed to just reflect their constituents views in parliament then we would have been hanging criminals for most of my life.

Cartoon looks and sounds like today's voting behavours at the Labour party conference hall .
    You are meant to read the words not just look at the picture...

You are meant to read the words not just look at the picture...
    Thanks .

I've got life long learning difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was only talking to someone who is ten years older than me and has lived all of his life in the upper Rhondda Valley about the number of English people living here compared to when he was younger on the weekend - he told me there are far more living here now than there was.

I was sceptical about the conclusion reached by the title given to this thread when I first saw it, but if it is right that there are something like 150,000 English born over sixty five year olds living in the country and the leave majority was 82,000, it has to follow that they had a big impact in deciding the result in Wales if they voted along the lines that over 65s did nationally.
    If that's the case why hasn't that transposed into Tories otes in other elections .

I just don't buy this theory.

Traditional Labour voters voted Brexit for specific reasons .

My place of employment is valley based manufacturing type industry , wall to wall Labour , 200 plus employed from Ponty and beyond , all Welsh , they heavily voted Brexit , and will do again.

The then went back to labour for the GE .

If that's the case why hasn't that transposed into Tories otes in other elections .

I just don't buy this theory.

Traditional Labour voters voted Brexit for specific reasons .

My place of employment is valley based manufacturing type industry , wall to wall Labour , 200 plus employed from Ponty and beyond , all Welsh , they heavily voted Brexit , and will do again.

The then went back to labour for the GE .
    Because it doesn't automatically follow that all English Brexit voters are/were tories. What is there not to get about a logic which says that English over 65s tended to vote a certain way in 2016, there are, apparently something like 150,000 such voters living in Wales where there was an 82,000 Leave majority, so those older English voters must have had a big impact on the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because it doesn't automatically follow that all English Brexit voters are/were tories. What is there not to get about a logic which says that English over 65s tended to vote a certain way in 2016, there are, apparently something like 150,000 such voters living in Wales where there was an 82,000 Leave majority, so those older English voters must have had a big impact on the outcome?
    See I have this trouble view of seeing these elite retired English over 65's, reading their daily mail , going to jumble sales and voting Tory , I will have to re - align my thought process .

Thanks .

I've got life long learning difficulties.
    Sorry by the way, if that's true, I take back any inappropriate comments I have made. I think youre making a great effort to express yourself even if I don't always agree with your point of view. Good on you 👍

See I have this trouble view of seeing these elite retired English over 65's, reading their daily mail , going to jumble sales and voting Tory , I will have to re - align my thought process .
    He didn't mention the word elite.

He didn't mention the word elite.
    ooops sorry welsh living ,old Tories, who are probably elite

ooops sorry welsh living ,old Tories, who are probably elite
    He didn't say that either.

He didn't say that either.
    no i did

no i did
    Resorted to arguing with yourself now?

Resorted to arguing with yourself now?
    well i got you following my every word .

well i got you following my every word .
    I'm hooked

Brilliant! Take that Farage you jerk! I loved one of the comments just below it..."I suspected something was amiss from the start because the guy appeared able to string a whole sentence together" 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Sorry by the way, if that's true, I take back any inappropriate comments I have made. I think youre making a great effort to express yourself even if I don't always agree with your point of view. Good on you ��
    I've never noticed LOM having much difficulty expressing himself, but in the spirit of your post, I must say that you are dong really well too Dorcas. It's truly heartwarming to read your posts and long may you continue to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I've never noticed LOM having much difficulty expressing himself, but in the spirit of your post, I must say that you are dong really well too Dorcas. It's truly heartwarming to read your posts and long may you continue to join in.
    Thank you Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thank you Ronnie.
    Thank you both , were all gods children and we need to love one another and respect and tolerate ones differences .