+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala fee dispute - FIFA to rule on Wednesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sala fee dispute - FIFA to rule on Wednesday

My thoughts are that as the FA have said that the contract was illegal then we are not covered by insurance so can"t claim.
    FIFA will find in Nantes favour & we will have to pay them with FIFA stating that the problem is between us & our insurers/FA.
    Our insurers will say he wasn"t our player as the FA have stated the contract was illegal so we can"t claim & we will be left £15 million out of pocket.
    If we could have claimed then surely we would have done that by now & paid the fee to Nantes ?

Surely if he wasn't our player because the contract was illegal then there is no liability, regardless of insurance?

The right thing to do would surely for both clubs to bear half the outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Surely if he wasn't our player because the contract was illegal then there is no liability, regardless of insurance?

The right thing to do would surely for both clubs to bear half the outlay.
    I'm presuming FIFA's ruling as to the ownership of the player [sorry, I know that sounds crass] at the time of the accident is crucial to any insurance claim. Nantes will have insured him, and I'm certain City would have put insurance in place to come into effect when he became a City player. The rights and wrongs of Sala's doomed flight are not going to affect any insurance claim - neither Nantes nor City were negligent.