+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Re: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    +1
    As I get older and older I see greed everywhere. We're all as bad as each other.
    I don't blame you for thinking this way but there's plenty of good in the world; plenty of people thinking past themselves. Quite often, though, they're shot down or seen in a cynical light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I don't blame you for thinking this way but there's plenty of good in the world; plenty of people thinking past themselves. Quite often, though, they're shot down or seen in a cynical light.
    As seen in this thread. People seem to hate “do Gooders” as it highlights most of us do nothing to help others.

I wonder how many of her fans /parents of demonstration children/ CCMB supporters , actually practice what they preach and reduce their carbon footprint .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder how many of her fans /parents of demonstration children/ CCMB supporters , actually practice what they preach and reduce their carbon footprint .
    Why would that matter? It doesn’t mean something shouldn’t be done does it?

How anyone can feel anything other than admiration and inspiration and not be fully in agreement with and supportive of this brave, eloquent young girl is beyond my powers of reasoning. She is fast becoming an icon for the younger generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    How anyone can feel anything other than admiration and inspiration and not be fully in agreement with and supportive of this brave, eloquent young girl is beyond my powers of reasoning. She is fast becoming an icon for the younger generation.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Why would that matter? It doesn’t mean something shouldn’t be done does it?
    No , however it would be hypocritical ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can imagine how rubbish I would have been addressing a crowd at that age

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can imagine how rubbish I would have been addressing a crowd at that age
    I would still be even now😂

No , however it would be hypocritical ?
    Would realising something needs to be done on a global scale be hypocritical while using plastic and taking flights? I don’t think it would be.

I think homelessness is terrible is it hypocritical that I don’t let a homeless person use my spare room?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Would realising something needs to be done on a global scale be hypocritical while using plastic and taking flights? I don’t think it would be.

I think homelessness is terrible is it hypocritical that I don’t let a homeless person use my spare room?
    Yes.

You make a fair point here.I remember thinking "what a load of bollox" when they first started asking us to separate rubbish that could be recycled years ago.But I've slowly learned different.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Yes.
    So anyone who doesn't share their home with a homeless person by implication thinks that homelessness is a good thing?

Yes.
    I don't think striving for a better planet while not being 100% carbon neutral is hypocritical. People seem to be doing their bit, everyone could do more but unless major corporations reign it in too a person going 100% carbon neutral wouldn't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think striving for a better planet while not being 100% carbon neutral is hypocritical. People seem to be doing their bit, everyone could do more but unless major corporations reign it in too a person going 100% carbon neutral wouldn't make much difference.
    My reply to Rudy was tongue in cheek.
    I agree with your point here, but why do climate protesters continue to try to cause havoc in the UK, when the UK governments are doing there bit, or at least starting to address the problems.
    Wouldn’t they be better all cycling to India and China to protest?

I agree with your point here, but why do climate protesters continue to try to cause havoc in the UK, when the UK governments are doing there bit, or at least starting to address the problems.
    Because the UK government is quite influential and could press for global change? Because we send tons of rubbish to these countries that they then throw in the sea? Because we buy low cost goods off these countries who aren't "doing their bit".

How often are climate protesters causing havoc anyway?

Why pick up rubbish from your street while millions of plastic bottles are washing up in Indonesia? If you don't travel all the way there to sort that, then you should do nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are you going to tell me why?
    Why on earth would we feel guilt, got me thinking about my father who worked down the coal mines for 36 years and if it wasn't for coal I doubt Cardiff would be as well known as it is today. I certainly don't feel guilty for sitting in front of a coal fire when i grew up.
    My problem with all the global warming protesters is that we never hear anyone saying what the biggest contributor to climate change is and your staring at it right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Save Greta
    https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/0...NlE_xc4iK9P1r4

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Why on earth would we feel guilt, got me thinking about my father who worked down the coal mines for 36 years and if it wasn't for coal I doubt Cardiff would be as well known as it is today. I certainly don't feel guilty for sitting in front of a coal fire when i grew up.
    My problem with all the global warming protesters is that we never hear anyone saying what the biggest contributor to climate change is and your staring at it right now.
    My balls??

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Am I staring at Beef farming and air travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    He doesn't even know when he is being a hypocrite I don't think.

From a piece he wrote quite recently defending spiked recieving a shed load of money from the Koch brothers:

"One of the most regrettable features of public life today is the crisis of good faith. The refusal to accept that people say the things they say because they really believe them, and the hunt, instead, for the real reason people hold and express certain beliefs. Who put them up to it? Who are they a front for? What’s the hidden agenda?"

"What is the story – the true, dark, shadowy story – behind their points of view and their political activity?"

He can wrap his critique of Greta up in faux sympathy but it is, in essence, the same tactic.

Brendan O’Neil ffs who next Ben Shapiro?! Katie Hopkins?

Why are some people so easy to lead in a certain way?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Maybe she should have been around 700 years ago
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49742598

Of course, it was a "natural climate anomaly" back then. Couldn't possibly be natuarl these days, could it?
    I know our CO2 emissions aren't helping, but a volcano or two puts our efforts in the shade.
    Seriously? Are you really this thick or malevolent?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe, but I don’t perpetuate my views represent others or put myself in the limelight.
    That's because you're an unremarkable individual with nothing important to say - somebody who will leave no kind of mark of whatsoever on mankind and who will never do, say, write or produce anything that will ever be remembered by anyone but your closest friends and relatives after you die.

You're like most of us - a nobody.