+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Re: Climate Change

Interesting start to Simon reeves new adventure on the bbc. Heading from Alaska down through North America to the foot of South America. Something I plan to do one day myself. Starting in Alaska he was flown north by a lady pilot who had been doing the run for 15 years, in that time the glacier she was flying over had lost 200 ft in height and had a lake on its surface aswell as exposing rocks never seen before. I guess when all the ice caps melt, the rainforests have gone, we can look back through our oxygen masks and sigh...at least we will still have 800 tv channels to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Interesting start to Simon reeves new adventure on the bbc. Heading from Alaska down through North America to the foot of South America. Something I plan to do one day myself. Starting in Alaska he was flown north by a lady pilot who had been doing the run for 15 years, in that time the glacier she was flying over had lost 200 ft in height and had a lake on its surface aswell as exposing rocks never seen before. I guess when all the ice caps melt, the rainforests have gone, we can look back through our oxygen masks and sigh...at least we will still have 800 tv channels to watch.
    All showing repeats so we can see what the world used to be like!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess there would be a big upsurge in smuggling goods bought abroad, especially for more expensive items, but then the people currently working in the existing tax system could be repurposed to counteract this.

The good thing would be real.essentials like food and children's clothes would be tax free
    They already are.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They already are.
    I think he means because there would be no tax on income either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think he means because there would be no tax on income either.
    That isn't what he said, but anyway they are tax free and would presumably remain so.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That isn't what he said, but anyway they are tax free and would presumably remain so.
    It was in a conversation about scrapping income tax. I don't think he needed to explicitly spell it out.

International

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;5010715]It was in a conversation about scrapping income tax. I don't think he needed to explicitly spell it out.[/

Whatever. Enjoy your day!

You clearly haven't understood the evidence.

Here is some evidence which makes interesting reading.
    Globally, the UK is not even in the top 15 of carbon emissions and in fact is measured at 1.1%.
    Compared to the international table, tighter laws in the UK would not make any difference to GLOBAL climate change.
    50% of the emissions are down to 3 countries.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/all...-in-one-chart/

No surprise that China and India are up there. Those two really need to sort it out....

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Globally, the UK is not even in the top 15 of carbon emissions and in fact is measured at 1.1%.
    Compared to the international table, tighter laws in the UK would not make any difference to GLOBAL climate change.

Maybe we could be charged a negative tax so that we get all of our energy cheaper as a reward, and as an incentive for the biggest polluters to follow our example?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No surprise that China and India are up there. Those two really need to sort it out....
    And we have the issue right here

China are not going to change a thing unless the world puts pressure on them, 27.2% is shocking

It wont be enough for them , this movement in my view is about attacking capitalism , climate is just a front and emotional mechanism .

Strangely they will need capitalist generated money and solution , along with bigger tax on product , more sophisticated packaging and products , such as electric cars , all of which will badly effect the lower paid and their current manufacturing jobs.

I suggest the rebellion take their army off to China , Russia and India ( SEE HOW WELL THAT GOES ) rather than take on a tolerate country trying to do the right thing , yes we are slow , however there is a reason for that , it will cost trillions to deploy in the timescales demanded by these warriors ,and those trillions are not growing on a tree ??

You wait until the emerging economies start taking a hold such as the MINT economies

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It wont be enough for them , this movement in my view is about attacking capitalism , climate is just a front and emotional mechanism .

Strangely they will need capitalist generated money and solution , along with bigger tax on product , more sophisticated packaging and products , such as electric cars , all of which will badly effect the lower paid and their current manufacturing jobs.

I suggest the rebellion take their army off to China , Russia and India ( SEE HOW WELL THAT GOES ) rather than take on a tolerate country trying to do the right thing , yes we are slow , however there is a reason for that , it will cost trillions to deploy in the timescales demanded by these warriors ,and those trillions are not growing on a tree ??
    My fear is that extinction rebellion will push this issue so fast that everyone will have to admit that China, India and African countries will be unable to carry out the required changes unless the west start contributing money.

My fear is that extinction rebellion will push this issue so fast that everyone will have to admit that China, India and African countries will be unable to carry out the required changes unless the west start contributing money.
    And middle eastern

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    And middle eastern
    Absolutely but they should have the money

So do China, they’re actually doing a lot in China. But the Chinese companies ina Africa take the piss.

So do China, they’re actually doing a lot in China. But the Chinese companies ina Africa take the piss.
    to be fair they have a long way to go to get to be half as good, i think China's total Footprint is the largest in the world in view of its population size.

Oh yes the evil west pays again ,why dont we all stop think , and help in our own way ,nah cancel that it wont be enough ,as they still need to part of some protest movement .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    to be fair they have a long way to go to get to be half as good, i think China's total Footprint is the largest in the world in view of its population size.
    Per capita they are far from being the worst

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe, but I don’t perpetuate my views represent others or put myself in the limelight.
    You're selling yourself short.
    I love your posts and keep a scrapbook of them dedicated to you, and you alone!
    Please keep on expressing yourself on here.

Per capita they are far from being the worst
    Was going to say the same, there’s ****ing millions of them.

They’ve got loads of nuclear plants and they’re building loads more. Cities like shenzhen have a tax on no electric cars too. They’re doing quite a bit.

Was going to say the same, there’s ****ing millions of them.

They’ve got loads of nuclear plants and they’re building loads more. Cities like shenzhen have a tax on no electric cars too. They’re doing quite a bit.
    Electric cars are becoming quite popular over there, probably see at least as many as here, Tesla's and Chinese manufacturers as well.

It's definitely attractive for net oil importing nations, as with petrol or diesel there is a constant bleeding of money out of the country to places they produce oil

Of course you do use more fossil fuels to produce the electricity than you would have done to just use petrol, but it's trendy and those with subnormal intellects and corporate clients will pay the extra for the sake of the virtue signalling premium.

Electric cars are becoming quite popular over there, probably see at least as many as here, Tesla's and Chinese manufacturers as well.

It's definitely attractive for net oil importing nations, as with petrol or diesel there is a constant bleeding of money out of the country to places they produce oil
    Electric cars are much more efficient so less fossil fuel is used to charge a car than would be used in petrol for it to travel the same distance. That's also ignroing the fact that the energy mix in countries (even China) fossil fuel use is decreasing every year and renewables and nuclear are on the increase making them even more environmentally friendly.

The main reason electric car use is encouraged in city centres though is simply because the air is cleaner. Better to keep the noxious air out near remote power stations than where people are shopping and working.

Even if you take into account that building an electric car produces more CO2 (mainly due to the battery production) studies have shown over it's lifetime an electric car would still be responsible for only 80% of the emissions of a petrol car.