+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Re: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Brendan O’Neil ffs who next Ben Shapiro?! Katie Hopkins?

Why are some people so easy to lead in a certain way?
    He was on Sky again last night and I cringe whenever they drag him on. The man is a complete arsehole. Everything he says he manages to warp into an accusation of some weird attack on Brexit and he offers no contribution to the debate. He's a one trick, delusional pony and I would rather hear the views of some old bedraggled tramp than this conceited twonk.

I just cannot believe someone would seriously use Brendan O'Neil and Spiked as a serious way of backing up a point.

It's also strange how people who were tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists 4 years ago are now all ardent readers of things like spiked and brietbart. People who were easily led down one garden path have just as easily been coerced into this shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    There are an awful lot of people in the 'West' who are unable to enjoy themselves without having some big theme to worry themselves about, and spend every spare minute they have trying to make us depressed as well. She's not quite mad, but give her another couple yrs of this and she'll be totally deranged, popping pills to keep her rants in check...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There are an awful lot of people in the 'West' who are unable to enjoy themselves without having some big theme to worry themselves about, and spend every spare minute they have trying to make us depressed as well. She's not quite mad, but give her another couple yrs of this and she'll be totally deranged, popping pills to keep her rants in check...
    🤦🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's because you're an unremarkable individual with nothing important to say - somebody who will leave no kind of mark of whatsoever on mankind and who will never do, say, write or produce anything that will ever be remembered by anyone but your closest friends and relatives after you die.

You're like most of us - a nobody.
    I don’t disagree, I’m happy with that; but Greeta doesn’t represent my views nor do they represent millions of other ‘nobodies’.

I don’t want to pay additional green fees, levies or taxes to offset other countries that don’t care. To me there’s more pressing matters than climate, which will continue to change long after mankind is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t disagree, I’m happy with that; but Greeta doesn’t represent my views nor do they represent millions of other ‘nobodies’.

I don’t want to pay additional green fees, levies or taxes to offset other countries that don’t care. To me there’s more pressing matters than climate, which will continue to change long after mankind is long gone.
    To me, you appear to be a classic example of everything that is wrong with mankind. In my opinion, our species is completely and utterly knackered because it not only fails to learn from its mistakes but it actually becomes more and more stupid with each generation.

People like Greta may be inspirational to millions and good on her for trying to do something, she has my full admiration, but sadly I believe she's pissing in the wind because the vast majority of the people on this planet are ignorant, arrogant, idiotic, lazy, selfish morons. That belief, which I've harboured for many years, is getting reinforced to some degree every single day now.

As a species we're effectively finished.

If you believe there are more pressing matters you haven’t understood the severity of the situation.

Talk about ignorant as well.

To me, you appear to be a classic example of everything that is wrong with mankind.
    Tadge harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Tadge harsh?
    No he's spot on

To me, you appear to be a classic example of everything that is wrong with mankind. In my opinion, our species is completely and utterly knackered because it not only fails to learn from its mistakes but it actually becomes more and more stupid with each generation.

People like Greta may be inspirational to millions and good on her for trying to do something, she has my full admiration, but sadly I believe she's pissing in the wind because the vast majority of the people on this planet are ignorant, arrogant, idiotic, lazy, selfish morons. That belief, which I've harboured for many years, is getting reinforced to some degree every single day now.

As a species we're effectively finished.
    I thought I, and people of my ilk were leaving “no kind of mark of whatsoever on mankind” so why the fuss?

To me, sanctimonious pissants like yourself are happy to be sat in a privileged position dictating how people should act so as it suits your narrative.

I’m all for bottom up change, showing where greener alternatives can be beneficial as well as a viable alternative but for someone at 16 lecturing to people how disgraceful others are as she sails around in a million pound yacht as far as I’m concerned can **** off. To suggest all fossil fuels must stop now, to rid of people of their cars, and other ultra-left ideals are not only impossible, they are dangerous.

I thought I, and people of my ilk were leaving “no kind of mark of whatsoever on mankind” so why the fuss?

To me, sanctimonious pissants like yourself are happy to be sat in a privileged position dictating how people should act so as it suits your narrative.

I’m all for bottom up change, showing where greener alternatives can be beneficial as well as a viable alternative but for someone at 16 lecturing to people how disgraceful others are as she sails around in a million pound yacht as far as I’m concerned can **** off. To suggest all fossil fuels must stop now, to rid of people of their cars, and other ultra-left ideals are not only impossible, they are dangerous.
    It sounds like you’ve not listened to a word she’s said to be honest.

And how the **** is stopping climate change a left ideal? Your last sentence makes it sound like you’ve gone off the deep end.

The world will literally be too hot to live in certain areas if the use of fossil fuels isn’t drastically reduced and we stop using so much petrol. What makes you say that’s “ultra left”?

I said you (personally) are an unremarkable individual who will leave no kind of mark whatsoever on mankind. I firmly believe that to be true and, indeed, you actually agreed with that suggestion and said "I'm happy with that."

Mankind is leaving a dreadful and indelible mark on the planet it inhabits, but that's to be expected given its inherent ignorance, arrogance and stupidity.

I have no privileged position whatsoever and I'm certainly not attempting to dictate how people should act in any way, shape or form. I am merely outlining my disgust with my own species based on my own experiences of what I see, hear and read every single day of my life.

I said you (personally) are an unremarkable individual who will leave no kind of mark whatsoever on mankind. I firmly believe that to be true and, indeed, you actually agreed with that suggestion and said "I'm happy with that."

Mankind is leaving a dreadful and indelible mark on the planet it inhabits, but that's to be expected given its inherent ignorance, arrogance and stupidity.

I have no privileged position whatsoever and I'm certainly not attempting to dictate how people should act in any way, shape or form. I am merely outlining my disgust with my own species based on my own experiences of what I see, hear and read every single day of my life.
    And what your doing is entrenching people’s mindsets on the subject instead of allowing organic marginal gains by being what I feel is rude and as previously mentioned sanctimonious.

I feel your utterly contradictory in what your saying and you’ll convince yourself that you don’t care about the mindsets of people like me, when it obviously bothers you somewhat deep down.

Stop shit slinging. It does you no good.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    It sounds like you’ve not listened to a word she’s said to be honest.

And how the **** is stopping climate change a left ideal? Your last sentence makes it sound like you’ve gone off the deep end.

The world will literally be too hot to live in certain areas if the use of fossil fuels isn’t drastically reduced and we stop using so much petrol. What makes you say that’s “ultra left”?
    I do not believe in the 10 year apocalypse theory.

The fact that the planet will be too hot in certain areas is a social issue not an environmental one. The earth is heating up naturally anyway the argument is how quickly it is.

I’m totally with the anti-plastic movement but I do feel the green agenda is going too far

And what your doing is entrenching people’s mindsets on the subject instead of allowing organic marginal gains by being what I feel is rude and as previously mentioned sanctimonious.

I feel your utterly contradictory in what your saying and you’ll convince yourself that you don’t care about the mindsets of people like me, when it obviously bothers you somewhat deep down.

Stop shit slinging. It does you no good.
    How am I contradictory in what I'm saying? I'd be interested to hear your views on that.

I very definitely care about the mindsets of people like you. They bother me greatly and it's certainly not something that is deep down. It's right on the surface. The older I get, the more my own species depresses and disgusts me. Unfortunately, try as I might to shrug my shoulders and forget about it, the behaviour of mankind as a whole has a more and more pronounced effect on me. I honestly wish it didn't, but it very definitely does.

The fact that the planet will be too hot in certain areas is a social issue not an environmental one.
    They go hand-in-hand don’t they?

As usual, things quickly become very polarised and personal here. For my part, it's difficult to deny that we are wrecking this planet and it's very difficult to see how we can reverse the process when we concentrate on economic growth, productivity and consumerism. No-one wants to hear that we need to cut back and I remember when the like of Jonathan Porritt and the Green Party were considered cranks. These days most of us are wiser than we were about the environment....

The fact that the planet will be too hot in certain areas is a social issue not an environmental one. The earth is heating up naturally anyway the argument is how quickly it is.

I’m totally with the anti-plastic movement but I do feel the green agenda is going too far
    Tried my best to make sense of this but I gave up. Why are certain areas of the planet getting too hot because of social rather than environmental factors and why is the planet heating up "naturally"?

There is no argument there is proof that it’s heating up faster than ever due to humans.

You go on about people’s being entrenched then you have entrenched views which are factually wrong.

You still haven’t answered why the earth heating up at a ridiculous rate is a “ultra left” issue.

The earth is allegedly 4.5 billion years old, I'm sure it will survive global warming or is it climate change?, maybe humans will not
    #timesup, whatever the outcome, looking after what we have should be a priority IMO, but the ad hominem push it down your throat every news bulletin and parading a young vulnerable child is just the continual divide and conquer tactic employed by globalists whilst the same globalists continue to amass their wealth, keep buying your new latest eyephone, change for a new telly when you get one dead pixel, buy a new dress because you wore it at the last party and cannot be seen in it again, plastic soap bottles because your old man wipes his arse with the traditional soap, it's a throwaway society and it's required by globalists to bump their share price and pay a good dividend, you even got conned into buying plastic bags, remember the bad old days when you got paid to return old glass bottles so they could be re-filled Humans treat this planet like a shithouse, the planet deserves better and perhaps in the not too distant future the planet will be a better place, it's everyone's fault, we as consumers do our very best in helping those producing the new must have gadget by buying it.

Why is everyone on this board obsessed with the word globalist and do they realise it’s origins?

Also please use paragraphs.

And

plastic soap bottles because your old man wipes his arse with the traditional soap
    What?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The earth is allegedly 4.5 billion years old, I'm sure it will survive global warming or is it climate change?, maybe humans will not
    #timesup, whatever the outcome, looking after what we have should be a priority IMO, but the ad hominem push it down your throat every news bulletin and parading a young vulnerable child is just the continual divide and conquer tactic employed by globalists whilst the same globalists continue to amass their wealth, keep buying your new latest eyephone, change for a new telly when you get one dead pixel, buy a new dress because you wore it at the last party and cannot be seen in it again, plastic soap bottles because your old man wipes his arse with the traditional soap, it's a throwaway society and it's required by globalists to bump their share price and pay a good dividend, you even got conned into buying plastic bags, remember the bad old days when you got paid to return old glass bottles so they could be re-filled Humans treat this planet like a shithouse, the planet deserves better and perhaps in the not too distant future the planet will be a better place, it's everyone's fault, we as consumers do our very best in helping those producing the new must have gadget by buying it.
    I think a lot of people would agree with what you say about our throwaway culture and the way we treat the planet, including the "young vulnerable child". Why the need to see her as a globalist stooge if you're more or less on the same page?

If I come across as seeing her as a globalist stooge it wasn't meant that way, I just see her as a young child being used as a globalist stooge by globalist stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I think a lot of people would agree with what you say about our throwaway culture and the way we treat the planet, including the "young vulnerable child". Why the need to see her as a globalist stooge if you're more or less on the same page?
    Because old men don't listen to children.

In this day and age with all its social media it's really easy to become a somebody, but it takes hard work to be a nobody.