+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Climate Change

Speaking at the UN General Assembly today.

See below:

Re: Climate Change

I wonder how long this one will last before it's moved I couldn't imagine how difficult it must be to speak to the some of the highest ranking officials in the world, about a subject I feel incredibly passionate about, in what is not my first language. The image of Greta alone one year ago and now, as more and more consider what action is needed when the best available science (and the longer term impact) is being ignored because it makes short term economic growth more difficult, is an incredibly powerful comparison.

Maybe she should have been around 700 years ago
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49742598
    Critically there have been times in the past when our climate has deteriorated and there have been really huge impacts on our society."

A striking example is the data gathered from the mid 1200s to early 1300s, with the oak rings reporting a prolonged period of above-average summer rainfall for many decades.

It coincides with a time of great famines, including what is known as the Dantean anomaly, when years of cool, wet summers resulted in crop failures - and the reported deaths of 20% of the population of Europe.
    Of course, it was a "natural climate anomaly" back then. Couldn't possibly be natuarl these days, could it?
    I know our CO2 emissions aren't helping, but a volcano or two puts our efforts in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I wonder how long this one will last before it's moved I couldn't imagine how difficult it must be to speak to the some of the highest ranking officials in the world, about a subject I feel incredibly passionate about, in what is not my first language. The image of Greta alone one year ago and now, as more and more consider what action is needed when the best available science (and the longer term impact) is being ignored because it makes short term economic growth more difficult, is an incredibly powerful comparison.
    I do believe in Climate change and the consequences of it, but the people that she's addressing are on a hiding to nothing with this one, can't really tell a kid to ****off, can you?

It's getting on my nerves now.
    The air is much cleaner now than it was 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    It's getting on my nerves now.
    The air is much cleaner now than it was 40 years ago.
    "Global warming is getting on my nerves now" states expert.

I don’t care how old she is. She’s ****ing insufferable

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Of course, it was a "natural climate anomaly" back then. Couldn't possibly be natuarl these days, could it?
    I know our CO2 emissions aren't helping, but a volcano or two puts our efforts in the shade.
    The volcanic argument has been debunked many times over

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Kin'ell' she sounded just like my missus when she's pissed off with me....

[QUOTE=Wales-Bales;5007111]Speaking at the UN General Assembly today.

See below:[/QUOTE

She's being exploited by adults including her parents. I did see pictures of her on twitter yesterday dressed in an antifa top but put it down to being a fake picture.

You clearly haven't understood the evidence.

So are you though mate

You haven’t read any actual evidence have you?

It amuses me that people can get so annoyed by a young girl showing she cares passionately about something so important - I wonder what they would be saying if she was someone who played around with her phone all day and cared passionately about some boy band?

Also why do some, almost always older people, get so worked up about the whole idea of global warming? Nothing to do with a feeling of guilt is it or is it that they don't like the idea of their generation being made to look selfish and stupid by people young enough to be their grandchildren?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    So are you though mate
    Maybe, but I don’t perpetuate my views represent others or put myself in the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It amuses me that people can get so annoyed by a young girl showing she cares passionately about something so important - I wonder what they would be saying if she was someone who played around with her phone all day and cared passionately about some boy band?

Also why do some, almost always older people, get so worked up about the whole idea of global warming? Nothing to do with a feeling of guilt is it or is it that they don't like the idea of their generation being made to look selfish and stupid by people young enough to be their grandchildren?
    That's the biggest load of bollox ive heard in a while fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

'speak when spoken to' is etched on their psyche

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    No it really isn't. The same relics who criticise kids for being vacuous also try to patronise and ridicule this girl into submission for caring about something.

Maybe, but I don’t perpetuate my views represent others or put myself in the limelight.
    It’s important, she’s doing a good job of raising awareness. Just seems to be hated by insecure middle aged men.

Climate change has been proven by decades of research, Im always shocked by the number of people on here who don’t know the difference between climate and weather but think they know better than hundreds of thousands of experts.

Are you going to tell me why?

Which bit?

Fair do’s to this lass. She is very committed to the cause, but she really is farting against thunder.
    The earth has been pressing its own destruction button since day 1.
    Human greed has always been the biggest curse on mankind, and will be the ultimate reason for its demise.

Thank feck.

If someone else’s behaviour was affecting your well being would you restrain yourself for the sake of modesty?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Fair do’s to this lass. She is very committed to the cause, but she really is farting against thunder.
    The earth has been pressing its own destruction button since day 1.
    Human greed has always been the biggest curse on mankind, and will be the ultimate reason for its demise.
    +1
    As I get older and older I see greed everywhere. We're all as bad as each other.