+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Re: Climate Change

Here's a link - http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/Tragedy_and_Hope.pdf - to a free .pdf of a famous (and extraordinarily long) book written by Carroll Quigley which was published in the mid-1960s. Quigley was a Harvard graduate, historian and professor. Much more about his life is at this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Quigley

In Tragedy and Hope he detailed when and who dreamed-up the man-made global warming hoax and why it was conceived (which was to unite the world against a common threat, which they knew was nonsense).

Can’t find climate, global warming or anything related to it in that book. Which pages?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Can’t find climate, global warming or anything related to it in that book. Which pages?
    I take it you couldn’t find that post of mine either?

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I take it you couldn’t find that post of mine either?
    Nor any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here, but what if the real goal was to tax the air that we breath? It wouldn't take long for someone to come up with the idea of a carbon tax. This would create the greatest revenue stream in the history of mankind, as almost every human endeavour is dependent on the consumption of some form of energy. All you would have to do is convince the masses that it was a good idea ...
    Wasn't the film Total Recall about taxing Air ?, long time since I've seen it, meanwhile the pressure is still on Rudy to produce his evidence to WT

Sorry lads I go out on the week-end, maybe you should try sometime

It's people like you who are causing all these climate problems with your excessive consumption!

It's people like you who are causing all these climate problems with your excessive consumption!
    Don’t even own a car pal 😘

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Wasn't the film Total Recall about taxing Air ?, long time since I've seen it, meanwhile the pressure is still on Rudy to produce his evidence to WT
    The political classes like money, as it allows them to enjoy their £40 cheeseburgers and £50 breakfasts at our expense. They recently announced the end of austerity, but the "temporary" 20% VAT rate in still with us!

In other words. You posted a load of made up shit about certain posters on here, and have no evidence to back it up.
    It’s ok son. We knew that already.😁

In other words. You posted a load of made up shit about certain posters on here, and have no evidence to back it up.
    It’s ok son. We knew that already.😁
    Do you think man made climate change is real?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No, there isn't a sentient thing called Mother Nature which can actively make a decision to wipe out humankind. I'm not judging you if you believe that there is though, they might not have come round with the meds yet I suppose
    So now we are mocking folks on meds ?

I am so upset by this comment . My next door neighbours Aunt was on meds.

Disgraceful.

Do you think man made climate change is real?
    Of course. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    So now we are mocking folks on meds ?

I am so upset by this comment . My next door neighbours Aunt was on meds.

Disgraceful.
    Good job he never said meths. He’d have half of Glasgow on his back!

Don’t even own a car pal ��
    No surprise there. Can you even drive ?

Good job he never said meths. He’d have half of Glasgow on his back!
    Too true.

A very underrated tipple.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No surprise there. Can you even drive ?
    Yeah, no problem with anyone owning a car I just don’t need one where I live.

The political classes like money, as it allows them to enjoy their £40 cheeseburgers and £50 breakfasts at our expense. They recently announced the end of austerity, but the "temporary" 20% VAT rate in still with us!
    If I remember rightly, the excuse for introducing VAT in the 70s was our impending membership of the Common Market - presumably it will be abolished if we leave the EU at the end of this month?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If I remember rightly, the excuse for introducing VAT in the 70s was our impending membership of the Common Market - presumably it will be abolished if we leave the EU at the end of this month?
    But when I was young before VAT there was a thing called purchase tax. Same thing really wasn't it? Except VAT was lower.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But when I was young before VAT there was a thing called purchase tax. Same thing really wasn't it? Except VAT was lower.
    Purchase tax was originally introduced on luxury goods and then was expanded whereby goods were given a "degree of luxury" and taxed accordingly - my recollection is that VAT led to an overall increase on the tax paid when buying goods.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Purchase tax was originally introduced on luxury goods and then was expanded whereby goods were given a "degree of luxury" and taxed accordingly - my recollection is that VAT led to an overall increase on the tax paid when buying goods.
    Purchase tax was graded according to the luxuriousness of the item all the way down to food (zero same as VAT) but was of the order of 33% on "Wholesale" prices. When replaced by VAT vat was levied on "Retail" prices and began at 10% before falling to 8%, then steadily rose to what we have today

There's an interesting argument to do away with all taxes except for VAT.
    It would be difficult to avoid paying it if you're living here.
    Things thAt were subject to tax would be roughly double the cost but you'd pay no income tax or nat insurance.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's an interesting argument to do away with all taxes except for VAT.
    It would be difficult to avoid paying it if you're living here.
    Things thAt were subject to tax would be roughly double the cost but you'd pay no income tax or nat insurance.
    The Liberals were advocating this years ago. You do not pay any tax on money you do not spend so your savings grow faster. Which is OK until you then spend them.
    The problem with it is if the government had no idea what their tax income might be they couldn't budget to run the country. (some may say they can't anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The Liberals were advocating this years ago. You do not pay any tax on money you do not spend so your savings grow faster. Which is OK until you then spend them.
    The problem with it is if the government had no idea what their tax income might be they couldn't budget to run the country. (some may say they can't anyway )
    I guess there would be a big upsurge in smuggling goods bought abroad, especially for more expensive items, but then the people currently working in the existing tax system could be repurposed to counteract this.

The good thing would be real.essentials like food and children's clothes would be tax free

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Too true.

A very underrated tipple.
    Indeed. That reminds me, I need to book an appointment at the opticians.