+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Climate Change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think striving for a better planet while not being 100% carbon neutral is hypocritical. People seem to be doing their bit, everyone could do more but unless major corporations reign it in too a person going 100% carbon neutral wouldn't make much difference.
    My reply to Rudy was tongue in cheek.
    I agree with your point here, but why do climate protesters continue to try to cause havoc in the UK, when the UK governments are doing there bit, or at least starting to address the problems.
    Wouldn’t they be better all cycling to India and China to protest?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I agree with your point here, but why do climate protesters continue to try to cause havoc in the UK, when the UK governments are doing there bit, or at least starting to address the problems.
    Because the UK government is quite influential and could press for global change? Because we send tons of rubbish to these countries that they then throw in the sea? Because we buy low cost goods off these countries who aren't "doing their bit".

How often are climate protesters causing havoc anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why pick up rubbish from your street while millions of plastic bottles are washing up in Indonesia? If you don't travel all the way there to sort that, then you should do nothing here.