+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Re: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Because old men don't listen to children.
    I had this yesterday on Facebook. A guy I know posted quite an alarming video of an Australian news presenter having a right old rant at young people, basically saying everything they do is wrong. I told him I thought the presenter was being a tosser, yet this friend was adamant that the presenter was totally valid.

I feel sorry for young people. Whenever exam results are released, success is due to exams being easier, lack of success is because kids don't work as hard/less intelligent. The views and opinions of children are regularly put down by some older people, men in particular. I also think that some older men think they are wiser because they are older - I don't agree with this.

I often see memes shared on social media from older people criticising youngsters for what they do nowadays. Kids are different from kids two generations ago, not better or worse. Young people now will have a harder time in terms bof work and buying housing than they have for generations. Who has inflicted this on them? Their grandparents (mainly).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I had this yesterday on Facebook. A guy I know posted quite an alarming video of an Australian news presenter having a right old rant at young people, basically saying everything they do is wrong. I told him I thought the presenter was being a tosser, yet this friend was adamant that the presenter was totally valid.

I feel sorry for young people. Whenever exam results are released, success is due to exams being easier, lack of success is because kids don't work as hard/less intelligent. The views and opinions of children are regularly put down by some older people, men in particular. I also think that some older men think they are wiser because they are older - I don't agree with this.

I often see memes shared on social media from older people criticising youngsters for what they do nowadays. Kids are different from kids two generations ago, not better or worse. Young people now will have a harder time in terms bof work and buying housing than they have for generations. Who has inflicted this on them? Their grandparents (mainly).
    You don’t half talk some bollux.

"Have you considered launching your own significant global movement?"

"But it's so much easier to shit on someone else's"

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You don't half enjoy putting people down without ever giving a rational and reasonable argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    In this day and age with all its social media it's really easy to become a somebody, but it takes hard work to be a nobody.
    Really? Is social media compulsory now?

And you’re a hypocrite who’s quick enough to cry when people slag him off.

Eric is talking sense, you just feel attacked because you’re the exact sort of person who does what he said.

In this day and age with all its social media it's really easy to become a somebody, but it takes hard work to be a nobody.
    Now this is crap

Old people were saying the exact same about reality tv 20 years ago, when will people realise that every generation of old people always moan about kids in the same way.

Out of interest, would you give 16-17 year olds the vote? If the answer is no, why wouldn't you? If the answer to that is lack of knowledge, don't know what they're voting for or similar, what gives you the evidence of this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really? Is social media compulsory now?
    I was talking more about EGO actually.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Now this is crap

Old people were saying the exact same about reality tv 20 years ago, when will people realise that every generation of old people always moan about kids in the same way.
    Who said anything about age?

Who said anything about age?
    This whole thread

I was talking more about EGO actually.
    Really? In that case, your comments are even more nonsensical.

Really? In that case, your comments are even more nonsensical.
    Lol... I bet your the smartest person you've ever met.

That's very far from the truth.

You’re

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Out of interest, would you give 16-17 year olds the vote? If the answer is no, why wouldn't you? If the answer to that is lack of knowledge, don't know what they're voting for or similar, what gives you the evidence of this?
    In my humble opinion, anyone that’s old enough to work and pay tax should have the right to vote.
    So in the UK, that would include 16 yr olds and upward.
    A lot of posters on this MB seem to hunt in packs.
    The latest group to get attacked appear to be the older generation. Especially after the brexit vote.
    The majority of older folk do listen to the younger generation. We are all at different stages in life, and opinions and outlooks will differ accordingly.
    I do feel we are turning into a “want to blame somebody” society.

In my humble opinion, anyone that’s old enough to work and pay tax should have the right to vote.
    So in the UK, that would include 16 yr olds and upward.
    A lot of posters on this MB seem to hunt in packs.
    The latest group to get attacked appear to be the older generation. Especially after the brexit vote.
    The majority of older folk do listen to the younger generation. We are all at different stages in life, and opinions and outlooks will differ accordingly.
    It's all because of people like you!

Isn't everyone being blamed for climate change though?

You’re
    You ever thought of getting a new user name and being in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn't everyone being blamed for climate change though?
    I’m not just talking about climate change. I’m talking about all walks of life in general.
    Going back to climate change though, the majority of the human race are not helping things, but we do tend to go along with progress and accept things that are not for the better and just accept it, till the shit hits the fan.
    Then when we get a sharp reminder of how things are spiralling out of control, we all seem to turn on each other, blaming certain groups, generations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's all because of people like you!
    According to Rudy it is

According to Rudy it is
    Where? You must be the most sensitive man on here

I said you (personally) are an unremarkable individual who will leave no kind of mark whatsoever on mankind. I firmly believe that to be true and, indeed, you actually agreed with that suggestion and said "I'm happy with that."

Mankind is leaving a dreadful and indelible mark on the planet it inhabits, but that's to be expected given its inherent ignorance, arrogance and stupidity.

I have no privileged position whatsoever and I'm certainly not attempting to dictate how people should act in any way, shape or form. I am merely outlining my disgust with my own species based on my own experiences of what I see, hear and read every single day of my life.
    The human race has millions of individuals whose kindness, generosity and good moral compass knows no bounds. Unfortunately, there are also plenty whose wickedness, greed, and pure evil tendencies also know no bounds.
    If we do have a creator, then there is plenty of room for improvement next time. If there is a next time.

Where? You must be the most sensitive man on here
    Are you assuming my gender ????😁