+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The crucial vote at the Labour party conference

The crucial vote at the Labour party conference

What an absolute farce. The reaction from the platform said it all. So much for the "we are a democratic party"!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938

Re: The crucial vote at the Labour party conference

Folk in the hall were convinced it was a lost vote, then you had non delegates coming in , I this alleged age of truth and democarcy what have you got to hide by denying a card vote on something fundamental to the party going forward and its voters .

Party of 'Inclusiveness ' be buggeted .

'Not for the few but the many '

What an awful bunch they have become.

I can see a lot of delegates thinking that yesterday was a day worth celebrating , but they may start to feel differently if they have to actually go out and do some canvassing of people who don't live in the Labour bubble and have to try to explain the party's Brexit policy to them. On second thoughts, I daresay a lot of them probably think Corbyn's "triumph" was more important than a mere election which will, in all likelihood, see a majority Conservative Government foisted upon a long suffering public.

To have the party policy for the biggest peace time crisis this country has faced in ages decided in the manner it was yesterday would be laughable if it wasn't so serious and when you put that alongside the way the Conference began, Labour's ratings must have slumped even further in the last few days, despite us having a Government that is solely responsible for the mess we find ourselves when it comes to Brexit.

What a sad state of affairs I was an avid Labour voter , I cant see that happening in it's current state for me.

I do find there singing 'oh Jeremy Corbyn ' toe curling and fast become a figure of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What an absolute farce. The reaction from the platform said it all. So much for the "we are a democratic party"!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938
    The High Court ruling today will be a God-send for Corbyn. Great for deflecting attention away from the mess the Labour Party is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The High Court ruling today will be a God-send for Corbyn. Great for deflecting attention away from the mess the Labour Party is in.
    It will also mean less folk will debate the behaviors of the Labour party at that vote