+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supreme Court Decision / Naughty Boris

Re: Supreme Court Decision / Naughty Boris

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    Games of chicken going on. Operation Black Swan will come into effect eventually. Won't be pretty but we will be leaving on October 31st.
    In some alternative universe do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So it's a good job we have someone who knows everything about everything (the other one who did appears to have done a runner) posting on here isn't it - must say mind, all this I could see it all coming stuff would be more impressive if you actually told us before "it" happened.
    He's a master of hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What a vote winner that would be , as he appeals the country by falling on his sword in their name , this is going to make a great box set , even better than the House of Cards .
    And the fabulous thing is that all the opposition parties will vote to say they HAVE got confidence in him! Hoist by his own petard methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Problem in that now. Brexit Party will only do that if he abandons any pretence of getting a deal as they want nothing less than crash out no deal. Today's ruling makes it nigh on impossible for Pifflepaffle Johnson to achieve that.
    Farage might bend if he gets a whiff of personal reward.

What a vote winner that would be , as he appeals the country by falling on his sword in their name , this is going to make a great box set , even better than the House of Cards .
    Nothing will beat the Trump Derangement Syndrome box set

So it's a good job we have someone who knows everything about everything (the other one who did appears to have done a runner) posting on here isn't it - must say mind, all this I could see it all coming stuff would be more impressive if you actually told us before "it" happened.
    You need to take off your rose tinted glasses if you are silly enough to think that we live in a perfect world

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You need to take off your rose tinted glasses if you are silly enough to think that we live in a perfect world
    I think you may have meant this as a reply to someone else, because it's got nothing whatsoever to do with what I said .

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    In some alternative universe do you think?
    Ask me that on November 1st

Time for the Hitler Bunker scene to be voiced over in the light of recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Enlighten us with your thinking Mr WB
    My thoughts are the supreme court had little choice , as it would open the door for any PM do repeat or make a similar parliamentary decision , basically saying a PM doesn't have a legal power to breach a law or principle ,doesn't stop him or others proroguing again ??

My thoughts are the supreme court had little choice , as it would open the door for any PM do repeat or make a similar parliamentary decision , basically saying a PM doesn't have a legal power to breach a law or principle ,doesn't stop him or others proroguing again ??
    Now, of course, when we say democracy, we don't mean voting.

Michael Gove on LBC this morning;-

"The Prime Minister is a born winner. Boris is the Pep Guardiola of British politics."

Michael Gove on LBC this morning;-

"The Prime Minister is a born winner. Boris is the Pep Guardiola of British politics."
    priceless , what folk don't get this type of narrative is planned, comparing him too Pepe or the Hulk gets reaction , Trump does it .

His behaviours are aimed to keep him in the spotlight ,the bullish playful stuff resonates with folk , it obviously doesn't on this message board or in Wales , where anything Tory is pure evil ..

Good luck with the Boris alternative though , unless the Liberals have a landslide victory, now that would be funny .

priceless , what folk don't get this type of narrative is planned, comparing him too Pepe or the Hulk gets reaction , Trump does it .

His behaviours are aimed to keep him in the spotlight ,the bullish playful stuff resonates with folk , it obviously doesn't on this message board or in Wales , where anything Tory is pure evil ..

Good luck with the Boris alternative though , unless the Liberals have a landslide victory, now that would be funny .
    What would Boris need to do for you to not think it was a masterful 4d chess move by Cummings? He's lost every vote he's had, broken the law and lied to the queen in 2 months, you really think that was actually the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What would Boris need to do for you to not think it was a masterful 4d chess move by Cummings? He's lost every vote he's had, broken the law and lied to the queen in 2 months, you really think that was actually the plan?
    I think they must have known there was a danger to this they are not stupid people however listening to the narrative today you do wonder if a game is being played , it is politics and many a game has been played out . I am bemused that folk got all hissy with the Prorogation , when 3 years have past with dreadful waste of parliamentary time over Brexit ,all sides have used it to deny the result .

Think all it has done today is let the Tories in again and point at the Labour bench and say come have an election .

This will resonate with the electorate ,which way I don't know .

Lets see what the polls look like after this week and next ,if Boris is that disliked let the country decide , not sit on green seats ,telling us what we think .

I think they must have known there was a danger to this they are not stupid people however listening to the narrative today you do wonder if a game is being played , it is politics and many a game has been played out . I am bemused that folk got all hissy with the Prorogation , when 3 years have past with dreadful waste of parliamentary time over Brexit ,all sides have used it to deny the result .

Think all it has done today is let the Tories in again and point at the Labour bench and say come have an election .

This will resonate with the electorate ,which way I don't know .

Lets see what the polls look like after this week and next ,if Boris is that disliked let the country decide , not sit on green seats ,telling us what we think .
    It plays into the hands of people like Attorney-General Sir Geoffrey Cox.

Tories know they are fecked if the election happens after an extension so get the guy with big booming voice to blame everybody else and hope the soundbites on the news will force the opposition into voting no confidence.

You need to be a special kind of sociopath to call parliament a disgrace and continue to serve under a pm who was just found to have acted unlawfully.

Dr David Starkey on Supreme Court prorogation ruling

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...supreme-court/

There must be a worry that we are leaving as the SNP and Greens are now suggesting they might accept a Corbyn lead interim government .

There must be a worry that we are leaving as the SNP and Greens are now suggesting they might accept a Corbyn lead interim government .
    Who'd have thought it

Who'd have thought it
    Well its probaly a done deal along the lines of JC, you can have a chance as an intreim PM , in return for a second referendum on Brexit and Scottish independence.

Can we do it before January though as I might get embroiled into dear old Alex Salmonds alleged multiple charges of attempted rape and sexual assault case , so lets get going ?