+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Armando Iannucci

Armando Iannucci

I suppose it depends on which side of the debate you're on, but I think this is so funny.

https://twitter.com/Aiannucci/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Re: Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I suppose it depends on which side of the debate you're on, but I think this is so funny.

https://twitter.com/Aiannucci/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Very good

Clever man , doesn't matter which side of the debate you're on, he is prepared to see the other side and have a broader view on anything political , The Thick Of It was a brilliant satire around the Labour party mechanisms of the day .

And Veep was about the Democrats nonsenses

You can't take Armando seriously, hes just a small giant trapped inside the body of a short man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You can't take Armando seriously, hes just a small giant trapped inside the body of a short man.
    A talented one strongly when asked about his politics he once mutter the coalition,its interesting ahis two biggest satires have been about left learning parties albeit lite Troy ones , he is a guardian reader and contributor so that should set some off on CCMB , I guess there is more humour to be had in these soft liberal lefties than the true parties ??.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Clever man , doesn't matter which side of the debate you're on, he is prepared to see the other side and have a broader view on anything political , The Thick Of It was a brilliant satire around the Labour party mechanisms of the day .

And Veep was about the Democrats nonsenses
    Selina Meyer's political affiliation is never revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A talented one strongly when asked about his politics he once mutter the coalition,its interesting ahis two biggest satires have been about left learning parties albeit lite Troy ones , he is a guardian reader and contributor so that should set some off on CCMB , I guess there is more humour to be had in these soft liberal lefties than the true parties ??.
    They were also the parties in power at the time.

The thick of it is about the tories and Lib Dems in the later seasons too. It was always whoever was in power.

In Veep isn’t it purposely vague on their leanings?

The thick of it took aim at all sides, whether they were in power or opposition.
    I never saw it as trying to project ianuccis own political leanings at all, rather a swipe at the kind of people you get in politics in general

Thought it was a new signing.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Thought it was a new signing.

I thought the Thick of It improved when it was extended to include, first, the Tories and then the Lib Dems and, rather than looking to score political points, it painted all politicians, as well as the party appointments working with them, as pretty awful human beings - was there a sympathetic character in the show?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I thought the Thick of It improved when it was extended to include, first the Tories and then the Lib Dems and, rather than looking to score political points, it painted all politicians, as well as the party appointments working with them, as pretty awful human beings - was there a sympathetic character in the show?
    The Thick Of It was absolutely fantastic. I've been watching it again from the start recently on BBC iplayer. Amazingly well written, and Peter Capaldi's performance is in the all-time great category. Up there with Fawlty and Blackadder and a handful of others as the greatest comedy characters in British TV.

The BBC did a summary of how it's been reported around the world and apparently one German paper made the comment that Boris Johnson can have limited interest in the truth in every way but this time lied to the Queen which is the ultimate sin in England.

The Queen knows more about British politics than all the MPs in Parliament put together. She probably knew exactly what was going on. So she let it pass for what reason? Either because she saw it as a way to break the deadlock, OR that she saw it as a way that Boris might hang himself, OR that it might just lead to an election, and maybe sort out the mess thats in Westminster at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The Queen knows more about British politics than all the MPs in Parliament put together. She probably knew exactly what was going on. So she let it pass for what reason? Either because she saw it as a way to break the deadlock, OR that she saw it as a way that Boris might hang himself, OR that it might just lead to an election, and maybe sort out the mess thats in Westminster at the moment.
    Yeah she probably knew, but it's just ceremony. She takes advice from the PM and acts on it.

Just think of the shitstorm that would have happened if she'd refused to follow his advice. If you think it's bad now, it would be ten times worse if it was seen that she was interfering with "the will of the people". That's the reason she let it pass.

I'm not sure that will have worked. There's just as big a chance that he will win the next GE on the back of it.

Or because it's a constitutional convention that Really has to be followed. But then so is individual ministerial responsibility, and yet Boris continues.

His mantra is "do or die", we leave at the end of October. I'd love to have a vote on that. "Die" would neatly solve a few problems.