+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would it happen here?

Would it happen here?

With the sad demise of Thomas Cook I am hearing many stories of folk being kicked out of their hotels or being asked to pay more money before they are released from their accommodation etc etc. It got me wondering how we would treat holiday makers in this country if say a French or Italian etc company had gone bust.

Re: Would it happen here?

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    With the sad demise of Thomas Cook I am hearing many stories of folk being kicked out of their hotels or being asked to pay more money before they are released from their accommodation etc etc. It got me wondering how we would treat holiday makers in this country if say a French or Italian etc company had gone bust.
    People stopped donating to RNLI because they saved foreign kids, so that should answer your question.

Do you think it would be different?!

We'd put them on the front of the Daily Express and say "look at these parasitic holidaymakers taking advantage of our kind and angelic hoteliers". Have you been on the moon these last few years?

Yes. Definitely. I can imagine questions like: "why should we help them?" "Why can't the EU do something?". And newspaper headlines about "European scroungers".

We are a soft touch here now, we have no culture we are just politically correct. We’d probably have a whip around and send them home richer than when they arrived. On a serious note I hope all those hotels locking old people and families out if their rooms suffer greatly and no one ever goes back....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We are a soft touch here now, we have no culture we are just politically correct. We’d probably have a whip around and send them home richer than when they arrived. On a serious note I hope all those hotels locking old people and families out if their rooms suffer greatly and no one ever goes back....
    Ta for that, got to rush I am late for my trip back to the moon.

We are a soft touch here now, we have no culture we are just politically correct.
    What a load of complete bollocks.

Ta for that, got to rush I am late for my trip back to the moon.
    Make sure it's Atol protected.

What culture have we lost?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I think he means the one where bigots and misogynists went unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Make sure it's Atol protected.
    😂😂😂😂😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    The culture of colonialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People stopped donating to RNLI because they saved foreign kids, so that should answer your question.
    Just when you think you’ve read every example of humans being ***** another example pops up. ****ing hell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Some people did, more didn't

RNLI donations surge after Tory criticism of its work overseas
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...feboat-charity

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Some people did, more didn't

RNLI donations surge after Tory criticism of its work overseas
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...feboat-charity
    Some people did though. Its absolutely nuts.

I read a tweet, haven't followed up on it to check if accurate or not, that described that the German "branch" of Thomas Cook was being bailed out so their staff members were not being treated in the same way. I don't know if anyone has seen that and checked accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I think he means the one where bigots and misogynists went unchallenged.
    Bla blah bla.....

I have just read the article. To be fair it states the RNLI is struggling for funds and is cutting over 100 jobs in this country whilst sending 3.3 million to foreign aid . Good housekeeping starts at home..
    Further down it explains why it does the good work abroad and the amount sent abroad is less than 2% of its donations .

In my mind there is a serious question here,is the RNLI spreading itself a bit thin by expanding to foreign shores ?
    How much money is donated to them when 3.3 million is less than 2% of their income .
    That is a fantastic sum of money that should be properly managed.
    Making a race issue of it takes away from the facts but I guess you need the race slant to get it into the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I read a tweet, haven't followed up on it to check if accurate or not, that described that the German "branch" of Thomas Cook was being bailed out so their staff members were not being treated in the same way. I don't know if anyone has seen that and checked accuracy?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49824427

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I have just read the article. To be fair it states the RNLI is struggling for funds and is cutting over 100 jobs in this country whilst sending 3.3 million to foreign aid . Good housekeeping starts at home..
    Further down it explains why it does the good work abroad and the amount sent abroad is less than 2% of its donations .

In my mind there is a serious question here,is the RNLI spreading itself a bit thin by expanding to foreign shores ?
    How much money is donated to them when 3.3 million is less than 2% of their income .
    That is a fantastic sum of money that should be properly managed.
    Making a race issue of it takes away from the facts but I guess you need the race slant to get it into the headlines.
    Just looked it up, running costs of £163.5 million in 2018 mind boggling to the likes of me, it’s a figure that I could never hazard a guess at and even more mind boggling that it’s through donations.

Bla blah bla.....
    What do you mean then? What "culture" have we lost?

Typical posters hijacking another thread, to belittle their own. If the UK is such a bad place, why do many immigrants and refugees risk their lives to get here, once they’ve reached the safety of main land Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Typical posters hijacking another thread, to belittle their own. If the UK is such a bad place, why do many immigrants and refugees risk their lives to get here, once they’ve reached the safety of main land Europe?
    Have you always been this sensitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have you always been this sensitive?
    Not sensitive. Just asking a question.