+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would it happen here?

Re: Would it happen here?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Typical posters hijacking another thread, to belittle their own. If the UK is such a bad place, why do many immigrants and refugees risk their lives to get here, once they’ve reached the safety of main land Europe?
    If you really need to ask that question you don’t deserve a reply....I really wonder why they literally kill themselves to get here....free healthcare, free accommodation, money for food....Hmmmmmm as they say....soft touch nation who bend over for anyone these days it would seem including the EU holding us to ransom. I didn’t want to leave but why shouldn’t boris tell the phuckers to do one?

Not sensitive. Just asking a question.
    You were whinging about people making a few jokes/saying something negative about the country you were born in. Don't be so sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If you really need to ask that question you don’t deserve a reply....I really wonder why they literally kill themselves to get here....free healthcare, free accommodation, money for food....Hmmmmmm as they say....soft touch nation who bend over for anyone these days it would seem including the EU holding us to ransom. I didn’t want to leave but why shouldn’t boris tell the phuckers to do one?
    ****ing hell

Typical posters hijacking another thread, to belittle their own. If the UK is such a bad place, why do many immigrants and refugees risk their lives to get here, once they’ve reached the safety of main land Europe?
    Oh my days 😂 these 2 same people would be calling others snowflakes in other threads. The oldies in this country have become a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    ****ing hell
    Stop being so sensitive.

Do you get blisters putting fluffy socks on?

Really??

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really??
    Imagine killing yourself to get free healthcare you can’t use.

Really??
    Like someone got a bot to read every daily mail comment and see what they would produce from it.

Still waiting to hear what culture has disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Like someone got a bot to read every daily mail comment and see what they would produce from it.

Still waiting to hear what culture has disappeared.
    The reactionary are the real Snowflakes, don't want to make new friends or invite others to join in. It's there ball and nobody else is allowed to play-Big baby Daily Mail reading Snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do you get blisters putting fluffy socks on?
    How about answering the question.?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The reactionary are the real Snowflakes, don't want to make new friends or invite others to join in. It's there ball and nobody else is allowed to play-Big baby Daily Mail reading Snowflakes.

How about answering the question.?
    I really can’t when people start to get worked up. I’ll just get a worked up response and it’ll go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I really can’t when people start to get worked up. I’ll just get a worked up response and it’ll go nowhere.
    Worked up? Are you for real.? Just answer the question. Give me your opinion. That’s all. Nobody’s getting worked up. It’s just another thread on a MB.

Worked up? Are you for real.? Just answer the question. Give me your opinion. That’s all. Nobody’s getting worked up. It’s just another thread on a MB.
    The numbers of asylum seekers/refugees seeking to move to the UK once having gained access to the Schengen area is a small percentage of those that seek settlement in other EU states. It may seem that we are the No 1 destination of choice given media and political hype but the stats don't bear this out.

Really??
    Yeah we are being held to ransom by the eu to take a shiiiiiit deal. We all love our tomatoes and oranges but let’s not pay over the odds eh?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The numbers of asylum seekers/refugees seeking to move to the UK once having gained access to the Schengen area is a small percentage of those that seek settlement in other EU states. It may seem that we are the No 1 destination of choice given media and political hype but the stats don't bear this out.
    This is true, but our gp’s and nhs are struggling with the extra burden, I know a few doctors and nurses.

This is true, but our gp’s and nhs are struggling with the extra burden, I know a few doctors and nurses.
    They are struggling because of a decade of austerity.

Yeah we are being held to ransom by the eu to take a shiiiiiit deal. We all love our tomatoes and oranges but let’s not pay over the odds eh?
    The UK decided to leave, we aren’t being kicked out. What right have we to call the shots? Try paying your mortgage up early without penalties or jacking in your membership of your local social club then telling the committee what they should be doing. Very rare for a divorce to run smoothly when there are financial implications and hardly ever smooth for the party that decided to walk.

Sometimes because they have distant family or friends who are already here. Sometimes it is because they know of people from their own area are in the UK. We get a decent percentage of Middle Eastern immigrants in the same way that France gets quite a lot of African immigrants. People from different areas try to get into certain countries. It's not as if everyone is heading to the UK.

There's also the case of being able to get work in the UK. There are plenty of unscrupulous bosses willing to take on illegal immigrants as they can pay them far less than a minimum wage worker. Oddly enough, stopping this method of making these bosses more wealthy has not been a priority for this government.

In 2018 the UK accepted just under 16,000 asylum seekers. Over half of these were part of agreed resettlement schemes (Syrians flown direct from Turkey as part of a government commitment for example. Of the rest a significant proportion arrived directly in the UK rather than transiting through the EU. In the same period Germany accepted just under 160k asylum seekers.

It may be that those seeking to pray on impressionable minds want to paint a picture of an island under siege from immigrants from outside the EU but the facts do not support the case.

Still we can't be too careful. Just imagine when we shake off the shackles of the EU and reach the Brexit promised land. Every man and his wife from outside the EU and within will be chancing their arm to have a piece of the golden prize!

Mate you literally do not have a clue what you’re going on about.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In 2018 the UK accepted just under 16,000 asylum seekers. Over half of these were part of agreed resettlement schemes (Syrians flown direct from Turkey as part of a government commitment for example. Of the rest a significant proportion arrived directly in the UK rather than transiting through the EU. In the same period Germany accepted just under 160k asylum seekers.

It may be that those seeking to pray on impressionable minds want to paint a picture of an island under siege from immigrants from outside the EU but the facts do not support the case.

Still we can't be too careful. Just imagine when we shake off the shackles of the EU and reach the Brexit promised land. Every man and his wife from outside the EU and within will be chancing their arm to have a piece of the golden prize!
    bUt whot ab0ut The 1llegaL 1s gettINg benif1ts?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    bUt whot ab0ut The 1llegaL 1s gettINg benif1ts?
    Weird how it shifted from British benefit cheats to foreign ones over the last 10 years. Suppose it's easier to get more people to vote how you want that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Weird how it shifted from British benefit cheats to foreign ones over the last 10 years. Suppose it's easier to get more people to vote how you want that way.
    It's easy to prove than means testing benefits is more expensive than not. There are so few real benefits cheats, it isn't worth doing while doing it means that people who need them are dying.

Ahhhhh Conservatism. What's not to like?