+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would it happen here?

Re: Would it happen here?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sometimes because they have distant family or friends who are already here. Sometimes it is because they know of people from their own area are in the UK. We get a decent percentage of Middle Eastern immigrants in the same way that France gets quite a lot of African immigrants. People from different areas try to get into certain countries. It's not as if everyone is heading to the UK.

There's also the case of being able to get work in the UK. There are plenty of unscrupulous bosses willing to take on illegal immigrants as they can pay them far less than a minimum wage worker. Oddly enough, stopping this method of making these bosses more wealthy has not been a priority for this government.
    My point is, the UK is one of the most welcoming, multi cultural countries on the planet, where freedom of speech is welcome, but plenty of its native citizens are constantly belittling and criticising it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In 2018 the UK accepted just under 16,000 asylum seekers. Over half of these were part of agreed resettlement schemes (Syrians flown direct from Turkey as part of a government commitment for example. Of the rest a significant proportion arrived directly in the UK rather than transiting through the EU. In the same period Germany accepted just under 160k asylum seekers.

It may be that those seeking to pray on impressionable minds want to paint a picture of an island under siege from immigrants from outside the EU but the facts do not support the case.

Still we can't be too careful. Just imagine when we shake off the shackles of the EU and reach the Brexit promised land. Every man and his wife from outside the EU and within will be chancing their arm to have a piece of the golden prize!
    We all know nothing will be any different, it might be a little harder to get in to the uk but that’s all pissand wind anyway. Blair let anyone who fancied free money and lodge in 20 years ago to try and de Tory the country. The crux of it all is who is going to rake in all the cash from new deals....you can bet your life it will be certain people who already donate a huge sum of cash every year to keep the tories going.....

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Mate you literally do not have a clue what you’re going on about.

Like most people, we all have opinions, most on here are incredibly wrong with others just backing up their buddies or multis....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Like most people, we all have opinions, most on here are incredibly wrong with others just backing up their buddies or multis....

And I’m not your mate

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Weird how it shifted from British benefit cheats to foreign ones over the last 10 years. Suppose it's easier to get more people to vote how you want that way.
    A huge amount of foreign immigrants go missing, I wonder where there go?

A huge amount of foreign immigrants go missing, I wonder where there go?
    You need to stop worrying about this, it is not the huge issue you're being made to think it is. Don't believe everything the Tory press wants you to believe.

We all know nothing will be any different, it might be a little harder to get in to the uk but that’s all pissand wind anyway. Blair let anyone who fancied free money and lodge in 20 years ago to try and de Tory the country. The crux of it all is who is going to rake in all the cash from new deals....you can bet your life it will be certain people who already donate a huge sum of cash every year to keep the tories going.....
    I know we seem to be flitting from topic to topic but can you explain what evidence you have that Blair let anyone who fancied free money and lodge into the country. Even better would be some explanation of how that helped de Tory the country as you need to be a british/irish citizen to vote in a general or local election.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My point is, the UK is one of the most welcoming, multi cultural countries on the planet, where freedom of speech is welcome, but plenty of its native citizens are constantly belittling and criticising it.
    We've literally deported wind rush citizens within the last year. We know the UK can be a great country in certain aspects it's also deeply flawed in others. What's wrong with critizing it where it's due?

I'm knocking on a bit now and can remember the biggest change in British culture, in my opinion, of modern times occurred during the early 1970s when Christianity, as measured by people attending churches and chapels, suddenly bombed in the space of a few years. When at school I knew of no-one who didn't have a mother and father who were married and lived together. I don't recall seeing a female of any age with a tattoo, and certainly no lumps of lard pushing a pram with one hand while puffing on a fag with the other.

The drugs culture at the time consisted of wacky baccy and nothing else. Crime was low level robbing sweets from shops and recreational violence at the football for some of the younger element who attended games. Home burglaries were unheard of, and so was carrying a knife (other than a small penknife for innocent purposes).

The late 70s and much of the 1980s saw millions unemployed as Britain deindustrialised. The Tories massaged the true jobless figures by gifting sickness benefits to perfectly able people while a great many young females caught on that they too could also give work a swerve for years on end, plus gain free housing, by dropping sprogs at intervals and maximise their benefits income by remaining single.

Nowadays around half of UK babies are born out of wedlock and the UK has either the highest or second highest number of single parent households with dependent children. Drugs are everywhere along with lemons addicted to them who plague towns and cities with their begging and antisocial behaviour along with the acquisitive crimes they commit by robbing people, shops and homes.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I know we seem to be flitting from topic to topic but can you explain what evidence you have that Blair let anyone who fancied free money and lodge into the country. Even better would be some explanation of how that helped de Tory the country as you need to be a british/irish citizen to vote in a general or local election.
    I read it all in the daily mail of course

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm knocking on a bit now and can remember the biggest change in British culture, in my opinion, of modern times occurred during the early 1970s when Christianity, as measured by people attending churches and chapels, suddenly bombed in the space of a few years. When at school I knew of no-one who didn't have a mother and father who were married and lived together. I don't recall seeing a female of any age with a tattoo, and certainly no lumps of lard pushing a pram with one hand while puffing on a fag with the other.

The drugs culture at the time consisted of wacky baccy and nothing else. Crime was low level robbing sweets from shops and recreational violence at the football for some of the younger element who attended games. Home burglaries were unheard of, and so was carrying a knife (other than a small penknife for innocent purposes).

The late 70s and much of the 1980s saw millions unemployed as Britain deindustrialised. The Tories massaged the true jobless figures by gifting sickness benefits to perfectly able people while a great many young females caught on that they too could also give work a swerve for years on end, plus gain free housing, by dropping sprogs at intervals and maximise their benefits income by remaining single.

Nowadays around half of UK babies are born out of wedlock and the UK has either the highest or second highest number of single parent households with dependent children. Drugs are everywhere along with lemons addicted to them who plague towns and cities with their begging and antisocial behaviour along with the acquisitive crimes they commit by robbing people, shops and homes.
    Is drugs worse now than back in the early 90’s....everyone I knew was caning it back then, smoking weed in clubs was quite normal.
    Clubbing culture long gone replaced with bland chain clubs or fancy bars, which have replaced any pub culture we once had also. Decent music venues disappear replaced with the CIA etc or whatever shocker it is now....Of course football culture died with the terraces, Cardiff library has more atmosphere than most stadia on match days. But, life goes on....I guess it is tv channel culture these days...everybody stay in doing something? Watching love island? Culture eh?

The Crime Survey for England and Wales 2015 figures show that crime in England and Wales is currently at its lowest level since the CSEW began in 1981, having decreased dramatically from its peak in 1995 and by 31% in the past five years alone.[7] For example, 1.32 million violent crimes were counted in 2014/2015 compared to 4.2 million in 1994/95. By contrast, official police statistics are unreliable, due to widespread and inconsistent practices of "no criming", with 19% of reported overall crimes not recorded by police, one quarter of sexual crimes and one third of violent crimes.[8][9][10]
    Sounds like you're wrong

In a thread full of out of touch people chatting shite this thread beats them all.

Is drugs worse now than back in the early 90’s....everyone I knew was caning it back then, smoking weed in clubs was quite normal.
    Clubbing culture long gone replaced with bland chain clubs or fancy bars, which have replaced any pub culture we once had also. Decent music venues disappear replaced with the CIA etc or whatever shocker it is now....Of course football culture died with the terraces, Cardiff library has more atmosphere than most stadia on match days. But, life goes on....I guess it is tv channel culture these days...everybody stay in doing something? Watching love island? Culture eh?
    So when you moan about culture being lost in this country you mean people don't sing at football because they are watching reality tv instead?

Decent music venues, bars and clubs still exist, have you considered maybe you're just out of touch with it all these days? People have been saying the same for decades, unfortunately we all get old and out of touch.

Rewrite the history books, organ Morgan says there was only weed around in the 60s.

In a thread full of out of touch people chatting shite this thread beats them all.
    You must be the most sensitive and easily offended person on here 😁

Sounds like you're wrong
    Okay, I'll bite. What was I wrong about? What you've pasted doesn't contradict anything I submitted.

You moaned about nobody giving examples of British cultural changes. I mentioned some. Rather than try and refute them you reverted to your tiresome 'they're out of touch' default position rather than articulate an alternative view. Up your game, boyo.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Rewrite the history books, organ Morgan says there was only weed around in the 60s.
    I didn't mention the 60s because my recollections of that decade revolve around what was in the Dandy and Beano each week and not much else. Re the 1970s, had heroin, cocaine (or even LSD) been an integral part of yoof/working class culture in South Wales then I definitely would have known, and they weren't. I've seen the flick Quadrophenia. If that was an accurate reflection of mid-60s London and mods versus rockers then pill popping was the extent of the drugs scene.

You must be the most sensitive and easily offended person on here ��
    Almost correct. Croesy Blue's even more fragile than Saint Rudy.

So when you moan about culture being lost in this country you mean people don't sing at football because they are watching reality tv instead?

Decent music venues, bars and clubs still exist, have you considered maybe you're just out of touch with it all these days? People have been saying the same for decades, unfortunately we all get old and out of touch.
    Where are the decent venues in Cardiff? Please tell....wow we have the tramshed

Almost correct. Croesy Blue's even more fragile than Saint Rudy.
    Aren’t they the same poster?

I didn't mention the 60s because my recollections of that decade revolve around what was in the Dandy and Beano each week and not much else. Re the 1970s, had heroin, cocaine (or even LSD) been an integral part of yoof/working class culture in South Wales then I definitely would have known, and they weren't. I've seen the flick Quadrophenia. If that was an accurate reflection of mid-60s London and mods versus rockers then pill popping was the extent of the drugs scene.
    If Lardy thinks he’s right, he’ll be back on this thread as sure as day follows night. If not, he’ll slink off again till the next thread appears he can snipe on 😁

If Lardy thinks he’s right, he’ll be back on this thread as sure as day follows night. If not, he’ll slink off again till the next thread appears he can snipe on ��
    "Are you following me around you weirdo."

The cultural change from 50s to 60s was surely much bigger than the change from 60s to 70s.