+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone listeneng to Parliment live now ?

Anyone listeneng to Parliment live now ?

Its brutal on all sides, brilliant stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/li...adio_five_live

Re: Anyone listeneng to Parliment live now ?

I watched for much of this evening and felt sick in the stomach. Johnson’s behaviour was despicable. To respond with “Humbug” to Paula Sherrif who has received death threats was shameful and dangerous especially in light of the brutal murder of Jo Cox.

I have never seen such a disgusting performance by any PM. Ever. He is a repulsive individual and needs to be taken down. We have the most arrogant, lying, contemptible Govt in our history. They are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I watched for much of this evening and felt sick in the stomach. Johnson’s behaviour was despicable. To respond with “Humbug” to Paula Sherrif who has received death threats was shameful and dangerous especially in light of the brutal murder of Jo Cox.

I have never seen such a disgusting performance by any PM. Ever. He is a repulsive individual and needs to be taken down. We have the most arrogant, lying, contemptible Govt in our history. They are dangerous.
    Not just Boris. The whole parliament is a disgrace with people talking over people, some just shouting abuse basically and the non-stop jeering and smirking. For some MP's it's just a raucous game. I presume there must be some "good uns" in there and who are probably ashamed to be numbered amongst them.

Well the opposition have been given the chance and they have still got the chance

Why don't they show a bit of gumption and do something if he is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Not just Boris. The whole parliament is a disgrace with people talking over people, some just shouting abuse basically and the non-stop jeering and smirking. For some MP's it's just a raucous game. I presume there must be some "good uns" in there and who are probably ashamed to be numbered amongst them.
    I agree. No idea how it could be described as brilliant. It's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Well the opposition have been given the chance and they have still got the chance

That has been answered a million times.

They will, that's absolutely certain, all in good time! I really don't understand why all these Tories are so absurdly impatient. I see they're all starting to go around with nervous ticks on their faces.

You know precisely where they are delaying. Corbyn is desperate for an election. However he does not want us to leave with no deal hence holding back until next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    They will, that's absolutely certain, all in good time! I really don't understand why all these Tories are so absurdly impatient. I see they're all starting to go around with nervous ticks on their faces.
    I suspect the Tories fancy they would win now , and Labour know they would lose .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I suspect the Tories fancy they would win now , and Labour know they would lose .
    No, they don't want our PM to force no deal. They'll call for an election as soon as we get an extension.

I suspect Labour are scared that they might win and Corbyn would have to be the new PM! Personally I don't think there will be a clear winner as voting will be highly fragmented.

Real democracy scares them.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of Jo Cox as I switched channels last night after hearing Boris Johnson make the same, and only, point he wanted to talk about for about the fifteenth time, so was not in the least surprised to hear that her death was raised later.

I was not in the least surprised either to hear Johnson come up with such a crass, insensitive and totally inappropriate reply to the MP who raised the subject, but would, defend him slightly by saying that I would have thought there have been thousands of politicians who have had to face the House like he did who were thinking "I really shouldn't have said that" to themselves as they sat down at their end of what I should think is something of an ordeal.

The trouble is though, even if the "Humbug" remark was blurted out without thinking, it was a part of a performance, that ham actor Jeffrey Cox's histrionics had given us a preview of a few hours earlier, that was calculated to play to about 30 to 35 per cent (possibly less) of this country's overall population because, if he wins their votes, he will, in all probability, be able to form a majority Government.

For all of the, totally justified, criticism the completely self absorbed, distinctly dodgy and morally vacuous man who is, somehow, our Prime Minister has got following his bluster last night, it has, probably, nearly all come from those who already had a very negative impression of the man - the real issue is will it have turned people who were backing him against him? I truly hope I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if it has.

The best way to put some context into this is to repeat what I heard both Ken Clarke and Michael Hesletine say in the last day or so. Although I daresay there are those in the modern day party who would not call them Conservatives, they are Tory's through and through who I'm sure would be appalled by the idea of Jeremy Corbyn being Prime Minister, but the two of them both asked the question what would the reaction of the Conservative party and some of their most rabid followers in the media be if a Government led by Corbyn had behaved like this one has done in the last couple of months?

If Johnson takes this Parliament v The People stuff into an election and we see a repeat of the scenes seen in Parliament (not just on the Conservative side) yesterday, can anyone say with hand on heart that we won't see another Jo Cox type tragedy during the election campaign?

You know precisely where they are delaying. Corbyn is desperate for an election. However he does not want us to leave with no deal hence holding back until next month.
    The fact he thinks he will lose also comes into the equation.

In which case I would just ride it out till the shit hits the fan

The fact he thinks he will lose also comes into the equation.
    Not really. The latest polls are showing the gap is closing. Everything to play for.

Watched it all. There are far too many low quality politicians. A lot of them seemed unable to speak without notes. Some of the women were using emotional blackmail ( trying to make Johnson feel guilty for the death of Cox). There was a lack of emotional control. Many of the women seemed near to tears. But that might have been acting because it was clear that this group were sitting together on purpose and the emotional blackmail was preorganised. I don’t know what foreign viewers make of Mhairi Black. She is like one of those scary Asbo teenagers you see hanging around the shops on a bad council estate. But at least she is not a phoney or hypocrite like most of our politicians.

Not really. The latest polls are showing the gap is closing. Everything to play for.
    Which polls are those?

Boris is almost certainly no longer pm if he has an election after asking for an extension. Boris is acting based on this fact as are the opposition parties.

The amount of party political rhetoric in this thread is overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Boris is almost certainly no longer pm if he has an election after asking for an extension. Boris is acting based on this fact as are the opposition parties.

The amount of party political rhetoric in this thread is overwhelming.
    Perhaps the most humiliating (and hypocritical) aspect of all this is that he might have to bring back Theresa May's deal and beg for it to be voted through just to save his skin. Nigel will be livid.

Which polls are those?
    The latest ComRes poll yesterday has Con and Lab level on 27% each. The latest Survation has Con lead over Lab down to 3%.

The latest ComRes poll yesterday has Con and Lab level on 27% each. The latest Survation has Con lead over Lab down to 3%.
    The weekend polls will be interesting

Haven't Comres always shown the gap as being fairly small? Having said that weren't they the most accurate in 2017. Or was that Survation.

Not sure whether to vote next time. I have issues with the whole damned lot of them.

There isn't a party there at the moment that reflects my views.

I'm sure I am not the only one

Haven't Comres always shown the gap as being fairly small? Having said that weren't they the most accurate in 2017. Or was that Survation.

Not sure whether to vote next time. I have issues with the whole damned lot of them.

Same. My overall outlook aligns best with labour but the major policy announcements are nonsense.

I’m sure you are not alone in not having a party that you want to vote for. It was Survation that nailed it in 2017. YouGov bottled it on the eve of the election showing a bigger Tory lead although their constituency by constituency polling was incredibly accurate.

You are not alone