+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: spiders in the bath

spiders in the bath

My Mrs said you are being so tidy lately in the bathroom,not a towel on the floor all draped over the bath.She does not realise it is for the spiders to get out of the bath.

Re: spiders in the bath

Definitely spider season and daddy long legs too. Hate the damn things

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Definitely spider season and daddy long legs too. Hate the damn things
    To night my Mrs went crazy when one flew into the room,they do not bite or sting,when i picked it up her and the kids went nuts.The kids are in their twenties.

My 16 year old son is terrified of them and calls out for help. He was even scared of a bloody moth tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My Mrs said you are being so tidy lately in the bathroom,not a towel on the floor all draped over the bath.She does not realise it is for the spiders to get out of the bath.
    Had 2 in the bath the other morning, despite giving them an escape route. Stupid things. They're supposed to get rid of flies, yet you never see the bloody things in the summer when there are lots of flies about. Autumn? Loads of the things when it's too cold for flies.

Massive feckers.
    Would never kill one, would never get close to them either. Job for the missus, she chucks them out the door.

All the replies has mad me laugh,it is just like my family .

We call my Grandad “Spider-Man”
    He’s not got any super powers. Just has trouble getting out of the bath!!

International

I had a 20 yr old on site a couple of weeks ago. He walked off the job because he was taking down a hoarding and there was a spider on one of the posts. Refused to go near it or go back to work in case there was another one.
    Unbelievable!

Every day, I go out of my front door or back door and walk into a huge spider web. I feel sorry for the poor buggars, bt I have to leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I had a 20 yr old on site a couple of weeks ago. He walked off the job because he was taking down a hoarding and there was a spider on one of the posts. Refused to go near it or go back to work in case there was another one.
    Unbelievable!
    I once worked with a guy who had a plumbing apprenticeship which he was forced to quit due to his arachnophobia. Easy to mock someone like that, but try being that person. My wife has a really bad phobia of spiders, can't even say the word to her or she ends up with horrific visions of spiders in her head.

My daughter's bf has a phobia about wasps.
    OK, they can sting - but if he sees one, or even hears one, he'll run out of the room and shut the door, leaving whoever else in the room to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They're supposed to get rid of flies, yet you never see the bloody things in the summer when there are lots of flies about. Autumn? Loads of the things when it's too cold for flies.
    You never see them in the the summer because they're outside feeding on flies and various other insects. Some of them end up indoors for a short spell during the autumn because it's the breeding season. Almost all of the 'big' house spiders you find wandering around indoors at this time of year are mature males who are desperately searching for mate before they die and they only have a limited amount of time to do so.

Not only are they completely harmless, but they're virtually blind. Contrary to popular belief, they don't come indoors because it's getting colder outside. In reality, our houses are completely unsuitable for them - too dry, too warm, no females around. They end up indoors simply because they're bumbling around everywhere almost blindly looking for a breeding opportunity before they snuff it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You never see them in the the summer because they're outside feeding on flies and various other insects. Some of them end up indoors for a short spell during the autumn because it's the breeding season. Almost all of the 'big' house spiders you find wandering around indoors at this time of year are mature males who are desperately searching for mate before they die and they only have a limited amount of time to do so.

Not only are they completely harmless, but they're virtually blind. Contrary to popular belief, they don't come indoors because it's getting colder outside. In reality, our houses are completely unsuitable for them - too dry, too warm, no females around. They end up indoors simply because they're bumbling around everywhere almost blindly looking for a breeding opportunity before they snuff it.
    Sounds a bit like Sludge!

That's interesting. I had thought house spiders were not suited to outside so I always feel a bit guilty when putting them out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    That's interesting. I had thought house spiders were not suited to outside so I always feel a bit guilty when putting them out the door.
    Provided a home is clean, warm and dry, it's totally unsuitable for so-called 'house spiders' - no food, no water, too hot. They tend to die within a week or so if they're trapped in somewhere like the average living room or bedroom. They are much better suited to places like garages, sheds and areas outside houses where there are gaps in the walls around drains, etc.

That's a general rule, but at this time of year the males are blindly bumbling around everywhere searching for females, who won't be in places like living rooms or bedrooms anyway.

That's a general rule, but at this time of year the males are blindly bumbling around everywhere searching for females, who won't be in places like living rooms or bedrooms anyway.
    Ah, memories of The Wynford & The Wine Press

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, memories of The Wynford & The Wine Press
    Memories

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Massive feckers.
    Would never kill one, would never get close to them either. Job for the missus, she chucks them out the door.
    Kill one and you’re just making room for a bigger one to come in and take over.

I hate them but I’ll try my best to leave them to it. Although my arse goes if I see one on the wall when I’m lying in bed, it’s there for 2 episodes of Peaky Blinders then disappears when it’s time to go to sleep..

I have spiders in my house year-round. Not just in the basement. They're everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have spiders in my house year-round. Not just in the basement. They're everywhere.
    The ultimate website!