+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camarasa

Camarasa

What's happened to him, is he injured, Because he isn't getting a sniff at Palace?

Re: Camarasa

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What's happened to him, is he injured, Because he isn't getting a sniff at Palace?
    Arter on the bench for Fulham too. Let’s get the band back together

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Arter on the bench for Fulham too. Let’s get the band back together
    I'd have Camarasa back even though i didn't think he was as good as many thought. Arter can whistle, he's shit.

Their fans can't work it out, either. He's not made a squad I don't think. I'd love him back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Their fans can't work it out, either. He's not made a squad I don't think. I'd love him back here.
    It's very odd. Like i said, i always thought that he lacked something to be a really good player but not to have made a league appearence, not even as a sub for 5 minutes seems very strange.

It's very odd. Like i said, i always thought that he lacked something to be a really good player but not to have made a league appearence, not even as a sub for 5 minutes seems very strange.
    I think he has to play a certain number of games which will trigger his loan being made permanent. I can only assume they don't want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think he has to play a certain number of games which will trigger his loan being made permanent. I can only assume they don't want to do that.
    Ah, that makes sense. Maybe they've taken a look at him and thought that he's not what they need. Would be interesting to know how many games he has to play before the clause is triggered.

Ah, that makes sense. Maybe they've taken a look at him and thought that he's not what they need. Would be interesting to know how many games he has to play before the clause is triggered.
    Agreed, will be interesting to see what happens in January. I think he could be on the look for a new club.

I think he came off the bench when they lost 4-0 at Spurs.

Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson admits that it has not been easy for Victor Camarasa since his summer move to join the Eagles on loan.

The Spaniard has only featured twice for Palace so far since joining the Eagles on loan from Real Betis this summer, with the 25-year-old making just one appearance in the Premier League, off the bench in the 4-0 defeat against Tottenham last weekend.

But Hodgson believes there is more to come from the midfielder, who impressed on loan at Cardiff City last season.

And the Palace boss has been full of praise for the Spaniard and what he has shown in training.

"He has been very good. I think we will [see more of him].To be honest, we are quite blessed in that department. That position where he plays is one of the areas of strength in numbers. There are other areas where we are not so strong in numbers," he said.

"I have got no criticism of him in any way whatsoever, he is a good professional, he trains hard and is a very good skilful, technical player. But of course he is in a group of very technical and skilful players, so it has not been easy for him to come in and knock people off their pedestals, at least players who have been here last season, if not before."

Camarasa has only started once for Palace's first team - in the Carabao Cup second round tie against Colchester United - having played for the Eagles' U23 side the week before against Birmingham City at Selhurst Park.

But Hodgson has spoken of the competition he faces for a position in the Palace midfield, and where he believes his best position is.

"I think he is capable of playing anywhere across the midfield, as long as you don’t see him as an out-and-out winger. I don’t think he would appreciate that," Hodgson said.

"I think he sees himself as an attacking midfielder. If you were asking him to hug the touchline and be a winger like Wilfried Zaha or Andros Townsend can be, I don’t think he sees himself that in that position.

"He certainly sees himself in the same position as the two Mcs [James McArthur and James McCarthy], [Jeffrey] Schlupp and [Max] Meyer, he sees himself very much in that position."
    https://www.football.london/crystal-...alace-16956102

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think he came off the bench when they lost 4-0 at Spurs.
    I don't think he did? According to Wiki he hasn't made a league appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Thanks for that, Wiki must be wrong.

Maybe it’s because they’ve got 3 in there that are working for them?

Palace didn't do much business in the summer, did they? It seems like they've signed Camarasa because he was available and then realised that they don't really need him.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Maybe it’s because they’ve got 3 in there that are working for them?
    Absolutely, and he's not had the chance to show Roy what he can do. I just find it odd that he's only made one sub appearance and hasn't even been in the matchday squad on occassions.

Absolutely, and he's not had the chance to show Roy what he can do. I just find it odd that he's only made one sub appearance and hasn't even been in the matchday squad on occassions.
    Me too because he looked a decent player last year, although it didn’t take a lot to look decent in our 11!!

I agree it’s strange, I was on about first team but I missed the fact he’s not featured before I replied sorry, that’s baffling really.

"He has been very good. I think we will [see more of him].To be honest, we are quite blessed in that department. That position where he plays is one of the areas of strength in numbers. There are other areas where we are not so strong in numbers,"

why sign him then

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    "He has been very good. I think we will [see more of him].To be honest, we are quite blessed in that department. That position where he plays is one of the areas of strength in numbers. There are other areas where we are not so strong in numbers,"

why sign him then
    Huge facepalm.

On the bench against West Ham today.

Flip the coin and was it a case that we made Camarasa look good?

Camarasa would make a great loan signing in January but sadly it won't happen. He is the type of player we desperately need.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Camarasa would make a great loan signing in January but sadly it won't happen. He is the type of player we desperately need.
    Something of quality you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Something of quality you mean?
    Precisely.

He was a big star in a small pool with us , he's now in a bigger pool of equal or better talent .

I thought he was a decent player , but did lack the flexablity to play in certain midfield positions.

I have witnessed him losing the ball easily, and having quiet spells in the field of play, his ball winning skills and tracking back could also be questioned at times, and they would certantly be currently needed at Palace , and within the english style of play .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He was a big star in a small pool with us , he's now in a bigger pool of equal or better talent .

I thought he was a decent player , but did lack the flexablity to play in certain midfield positions.

I have witnessed him losing the ball easily, and having quiet spells in the field of play, his ball winning skills and tracking back could also be questioned at times, and they would certantly be currently needed at Palace , and within the english style of play .
    I never thought that he was that good, full stop. And Arter was one of the worst footballers at this level, i've ever seen. Couldn't understand all of the fuss.