+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chancellor of the Exchequer

Chancellor of the Exchequer

In the times making some very serious remarks about an unprecedented scale of corruption.
    Remarkable stuff really.
    IMG_20190928_200448.jpg

Re: Chancellor of the Exchequer

Looking at the state of that blood pressured face he won’t have long to enjoy his money.

I’ve often heard the alt righters slagging off George Soros for making money on black Wednesday 1992. Fair enough, not a form of capitalism I have any time for.

Worth pointing out though that Soros is not a British National and doesn’t owe us anything yet this truly repugnant individual who made money shorting the currency avoids criticism from the aforementioned cult.

Funny world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In the times making some very serious remarks about an unprecedented scale of corruption.
    Remarkable stuff really.
    Let's hope it's not true. As Robert Harris put it, that's corruption on a scale he wouldn't dare put in fiction. But is there a chance that, for some, that's what Brexit is about?
    Du75KldX4AADqG3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Let's hope it's not true. As Robert Harris put it, that's corruption on a scale he wouldn't dare put in fiction. But is there a chance that, for some, that's what Brexit is about?
    Du75KldX4AADqG3.jpg
    I think for those pulling the strings that's what it's entirely about.

I think 17.5 million people still want to leave even with this speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think 17.5 million people still want to leave even with this speculation.
    Maybe down to 7.4 million now, and shrinking fast.

The only way a no deal Brexit will occur next month or any other month would be if the money power wanted it, and a gaggle of hedge fund shysters are several rungs below central bank bosses of every major economy who gather in Switzerland every two weeks at the Bank of International Settlements to coordinate the world's monetary policies.

I didn't know Boris Johnson had a sister until reading the opening post. Thanks to google images I must say she's in tremendous nick for a 54-year-old. Though, she'll likely resemble her mother 20+ years from now which isn't so good. I suspect that even Sludge would hesitate before attempting to ravish Mrs Charlotte Johnson.

https://twitter.com/TheAndyMaturin/s...357892608?s=19

Interesting was of burying a story also

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No worries in beating bad Boris in an election then ,lets go .

Please tell me you haven't fallen for the "they're scared" line?

I’ve no doubt (sadly) your Tory boys and girls will win an election. But you’ll just have to wait, like Christmas it’s all about the build up and I’m sure you’ll be a happy chap when a few sound bites from the clown prince of groping and adulterous behaviour will win a majority for the plucky hedge funders!

You are having a laugh old son ( and I wasn't one of the 17.4 million)

All in good time. Everything comes to he who waits

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You are having a laugh old son ( and I wasn't one of the 17.4 million)
    You haven't been scrutinizing public opinion very intelligently old son and I wasn't one of the 17.4 million either (whatever relevance that has). You dismiss the silent majority at your peril

You haven't been scrutinizing public opinion very intelligently old son and I wasn't one of the 17.4 million either (whatever relevance that has). You dismiss the silent majority at your peril
    It is relevant because voters on either side usually are more optimistic about their support.

When did you see a poll saying anything remotely like 10 million had gone from the leave vote?

What silent majority are you talking about?

It is relevant because voters on either side usually are more optimistic about their support.

When did you see a poll saying anything remotely like 10 million had gone from the leave vote?

What silent majority are you talking about?
    The ones who are silent! Much of the noise comes from the right wing so they get a lot of publicity. There is a quiet undercurrent of ordinary, sensible people who are horrified at the lawlessness of the Government and their cronies, fearful how Brexit might impact their lives adversely and terrified the whole fabric of civilized society is under threat by this thuggish cult. Women in particular are largely distancing themselves from the project and particularly from Boris Johnson.

The ones who are silent! Much of the noise comes from the right wing so they get a lot of publicity. There is a quiet undercurrent of ordinary, sensible people who are horrified at the lawlessness of the Government and their cronies, fearful how Brexit might impact their lives adversely and terrified the whole fabric of civilized society is under threat by this thuggish cult. Women in particular are largely distancing themselves from the project and particularly from Boris Johnson.
    No answer to my second paragraph I see.

There has been a fair amount of noise from the remain side too.

You seem very fond of making broad brush statements without any proof to back them up.

No answer to my second paragraph I see.

There has been a fair amount of noise from the remain side too.

You seem very fond of making broad brush statements without any proof to back them up.
    Yes I do enjoy making broad brush statements. I didn't reply to your second paragraph because I haven't seen such a poll: I replied to LOM in a rhetorical sense and with a hint of jest.

I assert you will be unable to give me the EXACT number of Leave voters who will vote in either a General Election or a third Referendum. It could be any number. My contention is that it is highly likely to be a different figure to the 17.4 million who voted Leave in the 2016 poll. I believe it will be substantially lower and there are several reasons to suppose that. Just like if the 2016 poll were to have been rerun over several weeks it would not have returned the EXACT same number of voters each time: a statistical improbability.

In conclusion, I am under no responsibility to anyone to offer any proof to back up my opinions. If Leavers/Tories wish to bask in some form of false sense of security then so be it; it's not my problem