+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4k TV

4k TV

On the market for a new TV. Can only handle a 32-55 inch with this shit apartment. I've checked. Can't put anything bigger in unless I wanna start drilling a new frame into the wall. - ain't happening

What's the best 4k TV on the market for budget of £750? QLed seem to be very expensive - are they good?

Re: 4k TV

LG ones in richer sounds are ok, do it all, 429 ish...43-50 inch...6 year warranty

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    LG ones in richer sounds are ok, do it all, 429 ish...43-50 inch...6 year warranty
    Gentleman mate. Looked a few up there - £429 seems a reach for - maybe add the vat too 😉 I'll take your advice tho. LG will do me

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Gentleman mate. Looked a few up there - £429 seems a reach for - maybe add the vat too �� I'll take your advice tho. LG will do me
    I’ve got two if them....can’t go wrong for that price, so easy to use.

On the market for a new TV. Can only handle a 32-55 inch with this shit apartment. I've checked. Can't put anything bigger in unless I wanna start drilling a new frame into the wall. - ain't happening

What's the best 4k TV on the market for budget of £750? QLed seem to be very expensive - are they good?
    Word of warning: 4k looks shite. For watching films and drama in any rate. Fine for sports.

It's just too real. It loses the cinematic effect. Long story, but I watched the first half a film in normal HD and moved over to 4k for the second half. The second half was almost unwatchable. It was an expensive production, but the second half looked like it had been shot on an iPhone. Really hard to describe until you see it but it's just too fluid. It's like you are watching the actors on a set rather than the finished film.

I've amended the settings on my tv to combat this (called the soap opera effect) but somehow 4k still looks rubbish.

On prices: can you wait until black friday? I thought TVs were one of the things that actually got discounted properly. The one I bought on a black friday deal a few years ago didn't drop back down to the price I paid for a good 12 months.

I bought LG as I was advised their wi fi connections are very good, and I can confirm to be true .

Paid as Goats did a decent price for a 43 inc HDTV it was 379 offer on Amazon .well happy .

Love the remote as it has Netflix and Amazon selections ..

Regularly updates its interface .

Bear in mind Sony use LG screens .

Outside of that Samsung are good but dearer.

I was told by Richer Sounds LG and Samsung are the only TV manufactures that build from start and finish and don't use other companies bolt on such as engines ,boards or screens .

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...EaAmaVEALw_wcB

LG... check that the menu doesn't cover most of the screen while adjusting....very poorly thought out.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Word of warning: 4k looks shite. For watching films and drama in any rate. Fine for sports.

It's just too real. It loses the cinematic effect. Long story, but I watched the first half a film in normal HD and moved over to 4k for the second half. The second half was almost unwatchable. It was an expensive production, but the second half looked like it had been shot on an iPhone. Really hard to describe until you see it but it's just too fluid. It's like you are watching the actors on a set rather than the finished film.

I've amended the settings on my tv to combat this (called the soap opera effect) but somehow 4k still looks rubbish.

On prices: can you wait until black friday? I thought TVs were one of the things that actually got discounted properly. The one I bought on a black friday deal a few years ago didn't drop back down to the price I paid for a good 12 months.
    The soap opera effect is all to real. Filming technology has now been outpaced by TV technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Good point. Could wait til black Friday. Was in Argos the day buying headphones and they had a replay of the rugby on - QLED TVs look class. Over a grand tho ����

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    LG... check that the menu doesn't cover most of the screen while adjusting....very poorly thought out.
    Mine doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this link earlier. Must have skipped over. That's a beaut. Getting this immediately. Thanks very much bro 👍

Mine doesn’t.
    lucky for you..mine does and its a pain in the butt

Sorry I didn't see this link earlier. Must have skipped over. That's a beaut. Getting this immediately. Thanks very much bro ��
    Same price in richer sounds though but comes with a 6 year warranty.....go there?

Same price in richer sounds though but comes with a 6 year warranty.....go there?
    Mate -bought the 50' 4k TV for £449 Inc vat - can't ask any more. Will enjoy Scotland v Japan in it now 🤦