+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Ward

Danny Ward

Always quite liked this guy. Makes a real nuisance of himself, particularly when coming on as sub, and has an eye for goal. Am expecting good things from him this season, if he stays fit!
    Prefer him to Bogle who also has something about him but has a bit of an attitude problem.IMO.

Re: Danny Ward

Far too injury prone to ever be relied upon for anything more than what you cited, coming on as a sub and running around a bit. We need another striker come January.

I prefer Bogle but be fair to Ward he saved us yesterday.With any luck we may have a couple of strikers who are finding the net.
    I thought Ward was way done the pecking order but shows you how things can turn around. We still got Vassel to come if he sorts out his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Always quite liked this guy. Makes a real nuisance of himself, particularly when coming on as sub, and has an eye for goal. Am expecting good things from him this season, if he stays fit!
    Prefer him to Bogle who also has something about him but has a bit of an attitude problem.IMO.
    Would like to see us try Ward and Glatzel together. I have always thought that a lone striker for City is a totally thankless task

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Would like to see us try Ward and Glatzel together. I have always thought that a lone striker for City is a totally thankless task
    Yep do agree, it could even be a plan b

Ward will probably be injured next week after that exertion yesterday. We'll see him again in March just before he gets released! To be fair his goals to games ratio is not bad, it's just that he doesn't play much. I prefer Bogle, but who'd have thought a year or so ago that we'd be relying on Ward and Bogle to come on and get us goals?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I love a 9 and a 10 playing off each over big man / small man style.
    chopra + bothroyd

I think that's the issue. Ward works well playing with another striker but not as a lone striker which seems to be the trend these days.

His goal yesterday came from a flick on from Aden Flint after he had been moved up front for the last few minutes

On what I've seen so far, I don't think we have any strikers of quality at this level. We're playing with decent League One forwards. Put this this lot up against to Chops, Rossaldinho and Bothroyd. There's no comaprison.

I like ward, but he’s never going to be the prolific scorer we are missing.

I second trying out a 2 striker formation, the wingers can be used at LM/RM.
    That would have been my choice when we were using Paterson as a 10 so effectively only had 2CM anyway so better to have an actual striker than a utility player trying his best at 10...

I also like the idea of Pack Bacuna and Ralls though and believe Neil will stick with that

Rossaldinho?? never heard that one. I always thought it was downhill for him when he left us, and he got some big (ish) moves as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Rossaldinho?? never heard that one. I always thought it was downhill for him when he left us, and he got some big (ish) moves as well.
    I can't take credit for it. Scott Thomas, who some on here will know, came up with that one. He had some huge moves considering. Villa, Fulham, Leeds, they all paid big money. When he was good, he was very, very good. I think we saw his best though.