+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: He’s not even Welsh !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: He’s not even Welsh !

Dread to think the squad we would have if we only had welshy welshies playing for us. Our recruitment policy is the only thing that is going to allow us to qualify for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Dread to think the squad we would have if we only had welshy welshies playing for us. Our recruitment policy is the only thing that is going to allow us to qualify for anything.
    Wouldn’t it be nice tho if we didn’t let English rejects play for us? If they were any good, England would pick them. None of the English players are that good anyway. How would you feel if you’re were a Welsh player, and English players were taking International caps from you? Turner and Shawcross did the right thing, and politely declined.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Wouldn’t it be nice tho if we didn’t let English rejects play for us? If they were any good, England would pick them. None of the English players are that good anyway. How would you feel if you’re were a Welsh player, and English players were taking International caps from you? Turner and Shawcross did the right thing, and politely declined.
    I completely agree. Mainly on the grounds I want the teams I support to be absolutely ****ing shit, and preventing those English lot coming over here and stealing our footballers jobs would guarantee us regaining our status as an absolute laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I completely agree. Mainly on the grounds I want the teams I support to be absolutely ****ing shit, and preventing those English lot coming over here and stealing our footballers jobs would guarantee us regaining our status as an absolute laughing stock.
    I think that fielding half a team of English rejects (one of them as CAPTAIN !), makes Wales more of a "laughing stock", than losing a few games of football.

I think that fielding half a team of English rejects (one of them as CAPTAIN !), makes Wales more of a "laughing stock", than losing a few games of football.
    I respect your perspective on this subject (although you seem to have done it to death, if I may say) but who considers Wales to be a laughing stock? Most major footballing countries have had players represent them without being born in their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I respect your perspective on this subject (although you seem to have done it to death, if I may say) but who considers Wales to be a laughing stock? Most major footballing countries have had players represent them without being born in their country.
    Players playing for other countries, who COULD play for their own country if they wanted e.g Ozil and the Polish guys in the German side, even Earnie, are a lot different to the English players who turn up for Wales. They were never wanted by their country, they never had a choice to make.
    England fans and English press mocked the Welsh team all through the Euros, and quite rightly.

I “do it to death” because I don’t like players using my national team for their own ends.

Players playing for other countries, who COULD play for their own country if they wanted e.g Ozil and the Polish guys in the German side, even Earnie, are a lot different to the English players who turn up for Wales. They were never wanted by their country, they never had a choice to make.
    England fans and English press mocked the Welsh team all through the Euros, and quite rightly.

I “do it to death” because I don’t like players using my national team for their own ends.
    I think you have to consider the alternative as well when the English take the piss. When you think about there are some players who’d have a good chance at getting in the england squad and choose Wales. Ampadu, James and Brookes are good examples of this. Giggs is another great example. These guys would probably get into the england squad but choose Wales freely. I think it speaks volumes of the strength of feeling towards their nation. These guys show a level of awareness that is commendable considering how individualistic footballers are perceived to be.