Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
Ampadu, James, and Brookes ( I think) all have a Welsh parent, and have played for the age groups. I’d doubt very much they’d get full England caps, and maybe that was in their thinking when they chose Wales?

You do realise Giggs could never had played for England, because he’s Welsh, right?
I do understand to a small degree where you're coming from with A. Willliams. If he was a better player and England wanted him, he would have chose England over Wales at the start. I think anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. However, he's represented Wales brilliantly and proudly. Arguably he's showed more passion than other 'more welsh' players in the past. He's been important to our success recently too. He's lived in Wales a fair amount of years and will feel Welsh. I've seen an interview from him not so long ago where he talks about feeling and being Welsh.

Implying Ampadu, James and Brooks have chosen Wales over England as an easier route and perhaps not their preferred route is a big statement. Have you asked them? Have you read anything which would lead you to believe that?

I don't think nationality is as simple as where you're born either. I have a friend who was born and raised in England. His Dad was born and raised in Glasgow. His Dad raised him to support Celtic and Scotland. He goes to games frequently. He feels Scottish. He doesn't really feel English. The majority of his family is Scottish. He's there to see them frequently. He would choose Scotland over England despite the quality difference. He would then probably have someone on a messageboard saying Scotish players for Scotland.