+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He’s not even Welsh !

He’s not even Welsh !

Good old Ash, cost the carrot crunchers 2 points yesterday. I’m starting to warm to him.

Hopefully he will be nowhere near the Wales squad for Slovakia, I’d rather see Regan Poole get a call up...he IS Welsh.

Re: He’s not even Welsh !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Good old Ash, cost the carrot crunchers 2 points yesterday. I’m starting to warm to him.

Hopefully he will be nowhere near the Wales squad for Slovakia, I’d rather see Regan Poole get a call up...he IS Welsh.
    10/10 for consistency 😁

Do you despair when people from outside of Cardiff play for Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you despair when people from outside of Cardiff play for Cardiff City?
    No. Why should I ?

I like it when “one of our own” actually plays for us, but unfortunately that’s not very often.

Dread to think the squad we would have if we only had welshy welshies playing for us. Our recruitment policy is the only thing that is going to allow us to qualify for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Dread to think the squad we would have if we only had welshy welshies playing for us. Our recruitment policy is the only thing that is going to allow us to qualify for anything.
    Wouldn’t it be nice tho if we didn’t let English rejects play for us? If they were any good, England would pick them. None of the English players are that good anyway. How would you feel if you’re were a Welsh player, and English players were taking International caps from you? Turner and Shawcross did the right thing, and politely declined.

Wouldn’t it be nice tho if we didn’t let English rejects play for us? If they were any good, England would pick them. None of the English players are that good anyway. How would you feel if you’re were a Welsh player, and English players were taking International caps from you? Turner and Shawcross did the right thing, and politely declined.
    I completely agree. Mainly on the grounds I want the teams I support to be absolutely ****ing shit, and preventing those English lot coming over here and stealing our footballers jobs would guarantee us regaining our status as an absolute laughing stock.

Over the years they generally haven't been good enough for England, I'd say there would have been potential for Brooks, Ampadu, Mepham to have gotten England caps at some point had they not declared for Wales so young.

Can only assume doing so at such a young age is because they feel Welsh. Personally I can't take that from them and they are very welcome.

You'll not be cheering any Daniel James goals then?

I’d suggest a quick google of more than one of the current welsh players then...

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You'll not be cheering any Daniel James goals then?
    Or Brooks

Or Matondo

I'll also assume he in no way cheered Vokes' goal against Belgium, nor Robson Kanu's! In fact, if he has anything about him, surely we didn't even win that game in his eyes!

Do you boo Will Vaulks when he plays?

No. Why should I ?

I like it when “one of our own” actually plays for us, but unfortunately that’s not very often.
    So it's fine for players born outside Cardiff to play for Cardiff, but not fine for players born outside Wales to play for Wales. Glad you've cleared that up and you're being consistent.

One grandparent is pushing it a bit tbf. I’m ok with a mother or father....or even two grandparents and actually having spent some time in wales on hols or something.

I think the rules for getting a passport shouldn’t necessarily apply in sports when it comes to country representation.

Would be interesting to see how many players would renounce an english passport for a Welsh one were we one day to split and rejoin the EU.

Depending on the financial practicalities, I suspect one or two might think twice...Dummet , for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So it's fine for players born outside Cardiff to play for Cardiff, but not fine for players born outside Wales to play for Wales. Glad you've cleared that up and you're being consistent.
    That’s correct.

I just don’t like us (Wales) being used by players, just to get international caps on their CV, at the expense of our players.

Players that come through the age groups are a bit different, but senior players who “discover” a Welsh grandparent, are not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I completely agree. Mainly on the grounds I want the teams I support to be absolutely ****ing shit, and preventing those English lot coming over here and stealing our footballers jobs would guarantee us regaining our status as an absolute laughing stock.
    I think that fielding half a team of English rejects (one of them as CAPTAIN !), makes Wales more of a "laughing stock", than losing a few games of football.

I think that fielding half a team of English rejects (one of them as CAPTAIN !), makes Wales more of a "laughing stock", than losing a few games of football.
    I respect your perspective on this subject (although you seem to have done it to death, if I may say) but who considers Wales to be a laughing stock? Most major footballing countries have had players represent them without being born in their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I respect your perspective on this subject (although you seem to have done it to death, if I may say) but who considers Wales to be a laughing stock? Most major footballing countries have had players represent them without being born in their country.
    Players playing for other countries, who COULD play for their own country if they wanted e.g Ozil and the Polish guys in the German side, even Earnie, are a lot different to the English players who turn up for Wales. They were never wanted by their country, they never had a choice to make.
    England fans and English press mocked the Welsh team all through the Euros, and quite rightly.

I “do it to death” because I don’t like players using my national team for their own ends.

I must say, I do find this campaign of "hate" towards Ashley Williams tremendously erotic. I remember when I used to pretend to hate girls I secretly fancied too.

Players playing for other countries, who COULD play for their own country if they wanted e.g Ozil and the Polish guys in the German side, even Earnie, are a lot different to the English players who turn up for Wales. They were never wanted by their country, they never had a choice to make.
    England fans and English press mocked the Welsh team all through the Euros, and quite rightly.

I “do it to death” because I don’t like players using my national team for their own ends.
    I think you have to consider the alternative as well when the English take the piss. When you think about there are some players who’d have a good chance at getting in the england squad and choose Wales. Ampadu, James and Brookes are good examples of this. Giggs is another great example. These guys would probably get into the england squad but choose Wales freely. I think it speaks volumes of the strength of feeling towards their nation. These guys show a level of awareness that is commendable considering how individualistic footballers are perceived to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I think you have to consider the alternative as well when the English take the piss. When you think about there are some players who’d have a good chance at getting in the england squad and choose Wales. Ampadu, James and Brookes are good examples of this. Giggs is another great example. These guys would probably get into the england squad but choose Wales freely. I think it speaks volumes of the strength of feeling towards their nation. These guys show a level of awareness that is commendable considering how individualistic footballers are perceived to be.
    Ampadu, James, and Brookes ( I think) all have a Welsh parent, and have played for the age groups. I’d doubt very much they’d get full England caps, and maybe that was in their thinking when they chose Wales?

You do realise Giggs could never had played for England, because he’s Welsh, right?

Without doubt our Captain Ash is our most outstanding Anglo Welshman, I hope some of our present Anglos are inspired by his outstanding contribution to our country!

Ampadu, James, and Brookes ( I think) all have a Welsh parent, and have played for the age groups. I’d doubt very much they’d get full England caps
    Some of the shite who’ve been capped by England I wouldn’t be shocked if those 3 would have been capped.

England’sv best player at the moment is Jamaican.

There has to be a woman involved in this hate campaign.