+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He’s not even Welsh !

Re: He’s not even Welsh !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Ampadu, James, and Brookes ( I think) all have a Welsh parent, and have played for the age groups. I’d doubt very much they’d get full England caps, and maybe that was in their thinking when they chose Wales?

You do realise Giggs could never had played for England, because he’s Welsh, right?
    I do understand to a small degree where you're coming from with A. Willliams. If he was a better player and England wanted him, he would have chose England over Wales at the start. I think anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. However, he's represented Wales brilliantly and proudly. Arguably he's showed more passion than other 'more welsh' players in the past. He's been important to our success recently too. He's lived in Wales a fair amount of years and will feel Welsh. I've seen an interview from him not so long ago where he talks about feeling and being Welsh.

Implying Ampadu, James and Brooks have chosen Wales over England as an easier route and perhaps not their preferred route is a big statement. Have you asked them? Have you read anything which would lead you to believe that?

I don't think nationality is as simple as where you're born either. I have a friend who was born and raised in England. His Dad was born and raised in Glasgow. His Dad raised him to support Celtic and Scotland. He goes to games frequently. He feels Scottish. He doesn't really feel English. The majority of his family is Scottish. He's there to see them frequently. He would choose Scotland over England despite the quality difference. He would then probably have someone on a messageboard saying Scotish players for Scotland.

I think when Williams was at his peak he might have actually got a couple of England caps.

I can see where G rangetown is coming from and I do sort of agree with him, but you can't deny Williams represented Wales very well and always seemed very proud to play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think when Williams was at his peak he might have actually got a couple of England caps.

I can see where G rangetown is coming from and I do sort of agree with him, but you can't deny Williams represented Wales very well and always seemed very proud to play for us.
    I think he gets a bit of stick and a lot of it I understand, but I agree with him when you’ve got players that don’t look like they’d get a look in with England coming to us to play, yes of course they do well and are proud to play for us, but I’d rather a Welshman in there as well tbh.

With players we’ve brought through the youth ranks at wales it’s different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    I do understand to a small degree where you're coming from with A. Willliams. If he was a better player and England wanted him, he would have chose England over Wales at the start. I think anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. However, he's represented Wales brilliantly and proudly. Arguably he's showed more passion than other 'more welsh' players in the past. He's been important to our success recently too. He's lived in Wales a fair amount of years and will feel Welsh. I've seen an interview from him not so long ago where he talks about feeling and being Welsh.

Implying Ampadu, James and Brooks have chosen Wales over England as an easier route and perhaps not their preferred route is a big statement. Have you asked them? Have you read anything which would lead you to believe that?

I don't think nationality is as simple as where you're born either. I have a friend who was born and raised in England. His Dad was born and raised in Glasgow. His Dad raised him to support Celtic and Scotland. He goes to games frequently. He feels Scottish. He doesn't really feel English. The majority of his family is Scottish. He's there to see them frequently. He would choose Scotland over England despite the quality difference. He would then probably have someone on a messageboard saying Scotish players for Scotland.
    I didn’t mean to imply anything about them, they made their decisions early, and played at the age levels. Like I said, they did not suddenly ‘discover’ a Welsh grandparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    There has to be a woman involved in this hate campaign.

There are several ! But mainly from Town Hill and Sketty estates. Williams could never pull a Cardiff bird!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Of all the players to choose, Ash always turned up, never hid, never shirked a tackle and loved playing for Wales. He was a man mountain at time and wore the armband with pride and was universally respected. I remember watching a game and Bale and Ramsey beckoned him in to do the team talk after we won. That's how well respected he was. He's got 86 caps and was captain during our greatest ever campaign. I just don't get it.

Morison, Vokes, HRK, Vinnie bloody Jones. I don't see threads about them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    England’sv best player at the moment is Jamaican.

Who could walk into (and captain !) the Jamaican team if he wanted......that’s the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Of all the players to choose, Ash always turned up, never hid, never shirked a tackle and loved playing for Wales. He was a man mountain at time and wore the armband with pride and was universally respected. I remember watching a game and Bale and Ramsey beckoned him in to do the team talk after we won. That's how well respected he was. He's got 86 caps and was captain during our greatest ever campaign. I just don't get it.

Morison, Vokes, HRK, Vinnie bloody Jones. I don't see threads about them?
    Of course he loved playing for Wales....he’s an egomaniac! He turns up even when he’s not even in the squad!
    He made a selfish decision to play for Wales, and deny Welsh players caps, a decision I hope he regrets, because he may have actually got a cap when England had no centre backs a few years ago. Ben Turner and Ryan Shawcross did the right thing, and politely declined.

Of course he loved playing for Wales....he’s an egomaniac! He turns up even when he’s not even in the squad!
    He made a selfish decision to play for Wales, and deny Welsh players caps, a decision I hope he regrets, because he may have actually got a cap when England had no centre backs a few years ago. Ben Turner and Ryan Shawcross did the right thing, and politely declined.
    Why Ash though? Why not HRK, Vokes or Andy King? He really must have pissed you off. Ash turned up. Players like Collins turned up when it suited them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why Ash though? Why not HRK, Vokes or Andy King? He really must have pissed you off. Ash turned up. Players like Collins turned up when it suited them.
    You have to admit, it's a dedicated and consistent programme of angry posts that has endured far longer than you might have expected. In many ways it's an enormously impressive body of work that I am increasingly thinking belongs in the Tate Modern rather than the CCMB. I did wonder if it's aimed at Williams as a scapegoat for all part-English players in the Welsh team because Williams was an unrepentant Jack b**ard too..

But I think it's because deep down, grangetown blue fancies him

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    You have to admit, it's a dedicated and consistent programme of angry posts that has endured far longer than you might have expected. In many ways it's an enormously impressive body of work that I am increasingly thinking belongs in the Tate Modern rather than the CCMB. I did wonder if it's aimed at Williams as a scapegoat for all part-English players in the Welsh team because Williams was an unrepentant Jack b**ard too..

But I think it's because deep down, grangetown blue fancies him
    Fancy him? With that thick brummie accent? Not for me....now Mozzer...he could turn me ! I luvs im I do.

I’m proud of my campaign, people really seeing Williams for what he is, a self centred egomaniac, average (at best) footballer, and a complete Cnut. Hopefully he’ll never pull a shirt for our country again.

Fancy him? With that thick brummie accent? Not for me....now Mozzer...he could turn me ! I luvs im I do.

I’m proud of my campaign, people really seeing Williams for what he is, a self centred egomaniac, average (at best) footballer, and a complete Cnut. Hopefully he’ll never pull a shirt for our country again.

you should be proud! It's been one hell of an effort. In particular as it has no real legitimacy outside of your mind. But that's not the point really. How long has this one-way feud been running now?! Did you hate him before he so disgracefully shamed the nation by always giving his best for Wales? Or when he joined Swansea? Did you find him and hate him in his non-league days? Will you continue to post after he retires? I am really hopeful that he gets a gig with BBC Wales, or even the Welsh national team. I suspect you are going to need something like that to sustain you.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

you should be proud! It's been one hell of an effort. In particular as it has no real legitimacy outside of your mind. But that's not the point really. How long has this one-way feud been running now?! Did you hate him before he so disgracefully shamed the nation by always giving his best for Wales? Or when he joined Swansea? Did you find him and hate him in his non-league days? Will you continue to post after he retires? I am really hopeful that he gets a gig with BBC Wales, or even the Welsh national team. I suspect you are going to need something like that to sustain you.
    I always hated the fact that he got picked for Wales, and obviously the Swansea thing didn’t help. I spent some time with his agent, he tried (unsuccessfully)for 4 years to get him a deal away from the Jacks), who gave me an insight into the type of guy he really is, and how he treats (treated) his family. I always remember him celebrating a (very rare) goal once, by actually kissing his bicep!
    He’s not the nicest person in the World, an average footballer, English, and captains my country. Hope this helps.

I always hated the fact that he got picked for Wales, and obviously the Swansea thing didn’t help. I spent some time with his agent, he tried (unsuccessfully)for 4 years to get him a deal away from the Jacks), who gave me an insight into the type of guy he really is, and how he treats (treated) his family. I always remember him celebrating a (very rare) goal once, by actually kissing his bicep!
    He’s not the nicest person in the World, an average footballer, English, and captains my country. Hope this helps.
    It does. And I do mean that your campaign is impressive. It really is, I'm not taking the piss! (Except the fancying him bit). I don't have your insight to his personal life so I just take his public appearance at face value, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's a dickhead. A lot of footballers are (and a lot are not).

No. Why should I ?

I like it when “one of our own” actually plays for us, but unfortunately that’s not very often.
    What are your feelings on Cardiff City, Swansea City, Newport County, Wrexham and Merthyr plying their trade in the English leagues.? Going by your train of thought, they should surely be playing in the Welsh leagues?

Of course he loved playing for Wales....he’s an egomaniac! He turns up even when he’s not even in the squad.
    The swine even turns up to support the team when he's not in it. Outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Great to see Ashley back as Captain of the Welsh Squad, let’s get to the World Cup Finals, our first since 1958, with our charismatic captain leading us!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He doesn’t want to miss a few days away from his Mrs does he? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Great to see Ashley back as Captain of the Welsh Squad, let’s get to the World Cup Finals, our first since 1958, with our charismatic captain leading us!
    The World Cup is not until 2022 ! He’s finished now, so thankfully will be nowhere near our team by then.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What are your feelings on Cardiff City, Swansea City, Newport County, Wrexham and Merthyr plying their trade in the English leagues.? Going by your train of thought, they should surely be playing in the Welsh leagues?

Historically they have played in the English league, but looking forward I can see a European league being formed, and perhaps Cardiff City’s future (as a Capital City), will be as part of some ‘super’ league, representing Wales. This might mean us playing under our own FA, and us leaving the English leagues. But to answer your question, I’m happy with us playing in the English pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How?
    Baffled me a bit. What has an English reject captaining Wales, got to do with what league the Welsh clubs play in ?

I must say I do admire GB’s consistency and the more I see these types of posts the more I think he’s actually Dai Hunt.

I don’t think there’s a woman involved, which other posters have suggested. I think the dislike occurs from him being....a Jack Bastard.

Baffled me a bit. What has an English reject captaining Wales, got to do with what league the Welsh clubs play in ?
    Nothing baffling about it. Seeing as your so nationalistic, just wondered if it went as far as wanting Welsh clubs to play in Welsh leagues,
    It was just a simple question. Nothing to get baffled about.

Has Grangetown been over-dosing on jelly babies again?