+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Museum

Cardiff City Museum

Are we ever going to have one?

Re: Cardiff City Museum

We do need a permanent home for the Algarve Cup to be fair

There was an exhibition in the old library a couple of years ago. I think it was a collection of memorabilia that belongs to Ceri Stennett but am happy to be corrected.

What would be the exhibits I wonder ? A few years ago in the Old Library there was an exhibition that was supposed to be the start of a Museum of Cardiff. It was mostly photos and a background tape of Frank Hennessey. It wasn't up to much. Other than loads of photos I wonder what exhibits the club have that would make it interesting. Do they have shirts through the years, footballs, programmes etc. that could fill a museum and make it really interesting ? If they have then all they have to figure is where it would be located.

I went around the offices in Ninian Park when they had an open day, plenty of old kits including FA Cup win, plenty of trophies, loads of other things too. A Museum would certainly add something to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There was an exhibition in the old library a couple of years ago. I think it was a collection of memorabilia that belongs to Ceri Stennett but am happy to be corrected.
    Yes, it was mainly, but not entirely, a collection of memorabilia that belongs to Ceri Stennett

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    What would be the exhibits I wonder ? A few years ago in the Old Library there was an exhibition that was supposed to be the start of a Museum of Cardiff. It was mostly photos and a background tape of Frank Hennessey. It wasn't up to much. Other than loads of photos I wonder what exhibits the club have that would make it interesting. Do they have shirts through the years, footballs, programmes etc. that could fill a museum and make it really interesting ? If they have then all they have to figure is where it would be located.
    Dai Hunt in a glass case.

I could try and recover the divot I picked up after invading the pitch after City's win against Real Madrid but I can't remember exactly where I planted it in the front lawn of the house I lived in at the time....

You don't have to have an array of trophies on show (just as well) but a multimedia history, various curios, have your pic taken with a cardboard cut-out of John Cornwell, a VR room depicting the Ninian Park toilets, some imagination and a good designer. Incorporate it into a stadium tour and exit through the gift shop as per.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We do need a permanent home for the Algarve Cup to be fair