+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newcastle fans.

Newcastle fans.

Can be annoying fookers on times, but you’ve got to feel for them. They always travel in numbers, and have been basically shite for about 48 of the last 50 yrs, and now have Steve Bruce at the helm. He’s about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.

Re: Newcastle fans.

No sympathy for them. Big-time Charlies. Were getting 10,000 in the 80's when they were shit.

All relative really, no trophies but top flight for most of it I guess. Probably wasn't at the time but their excursions at this level will be looked back on fondly, similarly with Aston villa.

A lot of average clubs who seem to do just enough most years.

A pity Benitez didn’t leave last season, we might have stayed up !

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No sympathy for them. Big-time Charlies. Were getting 10,000 in the 80's when they were shit.
    I lived in Leyton 1979-87, Orient and Newcastle were playing a div 2 game in 79-80 season, I went along, there were only a few dozen NU fans there - certainly less than 100.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don’t like them either, particularly, but they have always been well-supported as this link shows.

http://www.stadium-attendances.com/N...tendances.html

Only for THREE seasons in their entire post-WW2 history has their average home league attendance dipped below 20000. The lowest (post 1945) was in 80/81 when their average home attendance was 16001

To be fair, their fans seemed to be in good voice when they were 4-0 down yesterday.

A very big club with fans who have a very big sense of entitlement. Don’t like them irregardless of how many turn up to away games.

I always find it weird Newcastle seem so hated, it was funny when they were relegated but they haven't done anything to make me hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I always find it weird Newcastle seem so hated, it was funny when they were relegated but they haven't done anything to make me hate them.
    Sense of entitlement from them and I suppose the fact they think they're a massive club despite not having won anything for 70 years doesn't help. They pale in comparison to Leeds though . They're completely and utterly deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sense of entitlement from them and I suppose the fact they think they're a massive club despite not having won anything for 70 years doesn't help. They pale in comparison to Leeds though . They're completely and utterly deluded.
    I've never really heard much entitlement from them though. Yes they think they should be in the premier league and trying in the cups (they famously never got past the 3rd round for years) but for a club that gets ~50,000 every week and have for the last 30 years mainly been a top flight club is that really entitled?