Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
If I was vindictive for placing someone on ignore for calling you a rapist apologist and then dissembling rather than apologising then guilty as charged!
He uses the term "brainwashing". Using climate change as an example, as a lefty with solar panels on the roof of my house and designs on getting an electric car when they come down in price, I suppose it's no surprise that I'm completely supportive of what is being done by a largely, but not exclusively, young group of people in London this week. Possibly, I am being brainwashed to an extent in thinking like I do, but I would prefer it to be described as being more willing to accept what I'm told when it fits in with my persona.

However, I would say that it is a fact that when you hear someone disputing or denying something like global warning, you know full well what their opinions on other matters are going to be because they all belong to the same tribe. If those on the left are guilty of being brainwashed, then the same surely applies to those on the right who "follow the party line" - Gluey posted a video by David Icke (yes folks, that's David Icke!) as if he was some leading authority on climate change a few weeks ago!