Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
I actually pointed out all discrepancies that took place during the Mueller investigation as the drama unfolded, just like I did with the Steele dossier. Some people were saying the Mueller Report never exonerated Trump when it clearly did, so that was actually a discussion about semantics, not about the facts of the matter which were already common knowledge before the report was even written.

Yes that's exactly right. The word "exhonerated " is , ( technically wrongly), used to mean that an investigation has failed to reach a point where someone can be charged. We might say that an MP or alleged criminal under investigation has been " exhonerated" if the investigation fails to find evidence to charge them.
Of course this is common parlance for everyone else in the world and no one ever objects to it except in this case. If we take the word literally it means that whatever the allegation is against them has been absolutely disproved , but obviously this rarely or never happens in any investigation , due to the presumption of innocence.
It's equally obvious that it's usually hard or impossible to prove a negative , yet Mueller chooses to object to the word "exhonerated" when applied to the President. As far as I know he hasn't gone in for such semantic hair splitting when discussing investigations into the Mafia , terrorists or Hillary Clinton's email or other scandals .

It's a matter of spin on the part of the President's enemies , ( including Mueller), but you can't really expect people like tobw to grasp stuff like that ,which would require a wider knowledge of US politics than you'll get from the One Show or HIGNFY. What's more, he's inclined to accept stuff like this due to confirmation bias.