+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What leave voters voted for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Let's not be childish. You're a kid with a massive ego and you know nothing of the real world so give it a rest.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Let's not be childish. You're a kid with a massive ego and you know nothing of the real world so give it a rest.
    I'm in my 30's you delusional, condescending, geriatric c**t

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm in my 30's you delusional, condescending, geriatric c**t
    I'm a bit disappointed in you.What evidence do you have that he is a geriatric based on his posts!

I know I'll regret this, but what the bleedin' hell is that?

A metal tribute (?) to Vatican Swiss Guards who died protecting a scuttling Pope from rampaging, angry and unpaid soldiers of the Holy Roman Empire in the early 16th century?

Is the title or the symbolism an answer to the mystery of The Squad's motto, or is it an answer to 'What leave voters voted for'?

Either way, deeply disturbing.

What about this ...

condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Sorry, only the quod squad get to vote on the motto by the way.

Well at least we have formal confirmation of which side you're on then.

Well at least we have formal confirmation of which side you're on then.
    The Holy Roman Empire or the Vatican?

Which side have I 'formally confirmed' support for?

If you have got any dots it may help if you at least tried to join them up.

This thread is getting weirder and weirder.

No, he was testing the theory that people under a certain IQ will ignore everything else in a passage and comment upon anything- no matter how unrelated - which is printed in enlarged bold letters.
    I must take my hat off to him because I didn't think it would work. The test is intended for those with learning difficulties and so I didn't think anyone here would test positively .
    I did think it was a bold move, and I hope it has helped .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I did think it was a bold move, and I hope it has helped .
    It's all down to my limited intelligentsia that I fell for it I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's all down to my limited intelligentsia that I fell for it I guess!
    You didn't fall for anything Cyril. You merely responded in a way which indicates something. To be honest I'm surprised it was you, but in any case, it's nothing to feel ashamed of.
    It's a well known test in advertising to identify groups who will be most responsive to subliminal messages, and it was taken up by Tony Blair's campaign in 1997 and has subsequently been used a lot , most notably by the Clinton campaign. There are a number of other tests of course, but I'll hang on to them for future use.

Yougov analysis shows that just 7 out of 226 polls on brexit since July 2017 have shown brexit winning. Can anybody explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yougov analysis shows that just 7 out of 226 polls on brexit since July 2017 have shown brexit winning. Can anybody explain why?
    Possibly because they're bent, possibly the questions were loaded, and possibly people didn't give accurate answers.
    Polls were getting to be quite accurate before people weaponised them and started diddling them during the Blair Regime.
    In any case, it augres well for Brexit since they predicted a landslide for Remain and Killery.

Possibly because they're bent, possibly the questions were loaded, and possibly people didn't give accurate answers.
    Polls were getting to be quite accurate before people weaponised them and started diddling them during the Blair Regime.
    In any case, it augres well for Brexit since they predicted a landslide for Remain and Killery.

If they are weaponised why are they ignored. We have polls that show Tories ahead of Labour rammed down our throats on every political program and by most of the print press but I have only ever seen the odd one of these break the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    If they are weaponised why are they ignored. We have polls that show Tories ahead of Labour rammed down our throats on every political program and by most of the print press but I have only ever seen the odd one of these break the surface.

That's because they're not as effective as they used to be, either because people no longer trust them, or because fewer people are scared to hold what might seem to be a minority opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If anything good comes out of this farce hopefully the whole world will see what corrupt, bigoted arseholes the DUP are.

I met an Irish artist/lecturer on a bus in Portugal last week and he was under the impression that people in the south of Ireland no longer look longingly at a united Ireland these days and that things have changed in that respect - and in my opinion it's probably true that many (if not most) people in Britain feel little affinity for the Province and that it is quite alien in many respects.
    Are either of those views a fair assessment in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I met an Irish artist/lecturer on a bus in Portugal last week and he was under the impression that people in the south of Ireland no longer look longingly at a united Ireland these days and that things have changed in that respect - and in my opinion it's probably true that many (if not most) people in Britain feel little affinity for the Province and that it is quite alien in many respects.
    Are either of those views a fair assessment in general?
    From my experience and talking to my fiends and family over the water whilst at times there’s a romantic image of a United Ireland the logical thinking is that the Republic is in a good place. They’ve had their problems over the years but it’s no longer the ultra conservative Catholic state of the likes De Valera espoused and a confident fairly successful nation. Logically the view from a lot is why should they take on a massive massive problem where half the population of the six counties don’t want to be there

It’s a 300 year plus problem, simplistic idea but plantation policy in the 1600’s has a lot to answer for!!

Hundred years ago Belfast was the big industrial heartbeat of Ireland, now it’s stagnated and depopulated due to all the shite that’s gone on.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    From my experience and talking to my fiends and family over the water whilst at times there’s a romantic image of a United Ireland the logical thinking is that the Republic is in a good place. They’ve had their problems over the years but it’s no longer the ultra conservative Catholic state of the likes De Valera espoused and a confident fairly successful nation. Logically the view from a lot is why should they take on a massive massive problem where half the population of the six counties don’t want to be there

It’s a 300 year plus problem, simplistic idea but plantation policy in the 1600’s has a lot to answer for!!

Hundred years ago Belfast was the big industrial heartbeat of Ireland, now it’s stagnated and depopulated due to all the shite that’s gone on.

Bit more complicated than that, but have you never considered the great deals the Irish would get from US trade ?
    There's a huge Irish lobby in the USA and the island of Ireland as a whole would get a double portion of the benefits on either side of the border.
    Of course, the Irish themselves tried to get free from Europe and voted to leave but just like here they had their own traitors ,and it was those traitors who prevailed - at least for the time being. I think they'll be the next to leave one way or another.

Many people voted for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Many people voted for this!

Many people voted for £350m per week extra into the NHS too.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Many people voted for £350m per week extra into the NHS too.
    There we go two broken promises, or one, didnt the govemment pump the value into NHS though?

https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-engl...-million-more/