+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What leave voters voted for?

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're correct Bob.

Mueller went into his investigation knowing that he would never charge the president. After that, he didn't find evidence of collusion because the White House simply didn't talk and didn't provide him the documents he asked for. Hence, there are about a dozen cases of obstruction of justice in the report. He specifically made the unusual comment that the investigation doesn't exhonerate trump because he knew that it would be spun that way.

The White House is doing the same for the impeachment enquiry; withholding documents, refusing subpoenas, etc. This is because they know it's far better for them to have an impeachment trial on some technicality than a trial with the evidence of what they've actually been doing

And they also know individually they will probably be alright and not face charges or prosecution. As in this country, there's an umbrella over those in powerful positions.
    You crack me up mate, spreading the BS right up until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't want to change anybody's mind, I am just putting myself and everybody else on the record about who said what. I know that my reputation could be destroyed if I am wrong, but the reverse is also true and lardy & cyril have staked all of their credibility on this one, as they were the original pushers of fake news
    Just how would you describe your reputation - the one you claim to be putting on the line with your heroic defence of Trump?

All this bollocks about a spelling error !
    If that's the best you can find !........good job I don't start checking spelling and grammar from the back hand gang.
    Tobw is right actually because a lot of American legal stuff spells it with an H, especially the old stuff. It was an error on my part though, and I'm afraid to tell you that lawyers aren't immune from spelling errors. They tend to have typists and secretaries you see.

So, what did leave voters vote for? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    So, what did leave voters vote for? ��
    Well I voted for the return of legislative and legal powers together with direct accountability to the British public , and what I regard as great opportunity for the country .
    I must ask you though, because I think you said that you were a lawyer - is it possible for lawyers to make spelling errors ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well I voted for the return of legislative and legal powers together with direct accountability to the British public , and what I regard as great opportunity for the country .
    I must ask you though, because I think you said that you were a lawyer - is it possible for lawyers to make spelling errors ?
    I did a Law degree, I didn’t do the Legal Practice Course as I started my previous employment the autumn after graduating.

As for the spelling mistake we’re all human so yes even Lawyers can make mistakes 😉

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just how would you describe your reputation - the one you claim to be putting on the line with your heroic defence of Trump?
    A speaker of the unbiased truth, so basically somebody who is the opposite of you

I did a Law degree, I didn’t do the Legal Practice Course as I started my previous employment the autumn after graduating.

As for the spelling mistake we’re all human so yes even Lawyers can make mistakes 😉
    Watch out, you will be confusing that rare species of six dollar words for ten dollar words next!

A speaker of the unbiased truth, so basically somebody who is the opposite of you
    I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word 'reputation'.

Much like your understanding of the word 'obstruction', which is also entertainingly the opposite of its' normal meaning.

So, what did leave voters vote for? 😂
    I voted to remain .
    If we do get another vote
    ( which I don't think is right ) I'd vote to leave, I personally have grown to dislike the way the European parliament works , decides its policy , elects its commission, never mind the waste of money , and fat cat pension burden, to the taxpayer.

Foe me there is way too many levels of bureaucracy in today's life , being Welsh its bewildered with the Assembly, local councillors, UK Parliament and Europe Commission .

Madness and costly.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I voted to remain .
    ( which I don't think is right ) I'd vote to leave, I personally have grown to dislike the way the European parliament works , decides its policy , elects its commission, never mind the waste of money , and fat cat pension burden, to the taxpayer.

Foe me there is way too many levels of bureaucracy in today's life , being Welsh its bewildered with the Assembly, local councillors, UK Parliament and Europe Commission .

Madness and costly.
    Costly madness!

I voted to remain .

Madness and costly.
    What bits of the way that the European Parliament works do you particularly dislike?

I wasn't aware that it determined EU policy, rather had oversight and some ratification of legislation. Similarly it was the Council of Ministers (Member States) that adopted Commissioners with the Parliament having the power to make a positive or negative evaluation of each Commissioner's competence.

I voted to remain .

Madness and costly.
    I've met these "I Voted Remain" individuals before. The truth is they're Leavers at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I've met these "I Voted Remain" individuals before. The truth is they're Leavers at heart

Well that was not my view , however some folk simply evolve or change their point of view as they gain more knowledge , you cant put everyone in the same silo because you believe it .

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What bits of the way that the European Parliament works do you particularly dislike?

I wasn't aware that it determined EU policy, rather had oversight and some ratification of legislation. Similarly it was the Council of Ministers (Member States) that adopted Commissioners with the Parliament having the power to make a positive or negative evaluation of each Commissioner's competence.
    Well there is a long list of dislikes some highlights :

Article 17 to represent the EU in trade negotiations; to make rules and regulations, for example in competition policy

Free movement

Not able to determine our laws

Control of our borders ,free movement linked to trade

Fishing and agriculture policy .

€9.75bn EU staff pension and our liabilities.

Lacks of a standard minimum wage across members sates to stop folk having to leave their countries and homes

Lacks of wealth share to the poorer nations ,the Euro value between some is stark .

It's almost federal state like approach .

Lack of real democratic elections of commissioners or presidents its like some old boys club , they are not elected by voters ( ie real people ) their nomination come member state ?? in consultation with the Commission President ?? , then subject to hearings on their suitability ?? so their actual competency and responsibility is never exposed to the public is it , its like the bad bankers and CEO appointments , that old Labour hates .

Article 17 to represent the EU in trade negotiations; to make rules and regulations, for example in competition policy

Free movement

Lacks of a standard minimum wage across members sates to stop folk having to leave their countries and homes

Lacks of wealth share to the poorer nations ,the Euro value between some is stark .

Lack of real democratic elections of commissioners or presidents its like some old boys club , they are not elected by voters ( ie real people ) their nomination come member state ?? in consultation with the Commission President ?? , then subject to hearings on their suitability ?? so their actual competency and responsibility is never exposed to the public is it , its like the bad bankers and CEO appointments , that old Labour hates .
    Your dislike of the European Parliament seems to have expanded to the European Union and all its institutions.

As someone commented earlier, given the length of this confusing list (heaven only knows what free movement linked to trade and the Euro value between some is stark means) how you ever decided to Vote Remain in ignorance or despite all of these objections is one of life's great mysteries!

Free movement

So why did you vote remain in first place?

Good cut and pasting from the Leave EU website by the way 😂😂

So why did you vote remain in first place?

Good cut and pasting from the Leave EU website by the way 😂😂
    I think I can answer that. When LoM was his previous persona, HubertHuw he started a thread called Brexit: Should I listen to the Loons with these prescient words:

There is no greater turn off in politics than listening to politicians spout to one ,what to or not do. In the case of the right sided politicians ,you have loons like Farage , Boris , Gove ,William Rees - Mogg , John Redwood , who in their right mind would be guided by their advise ?? when its plain to see thye are suing this as an internal power struggle within the Tory party , and bugger all to do with our best interest , Brexit is just the vehicle .

Just imagine out of Europe , Boris as PM , Gove as his deputy , Redwood as foreign Secretary and Mogg as the Chancellor, and with the the current loopy ( 70's style ) left as the effective opposition . Bloody hell save us all , give me a crap Europe union over any of the above, at least it keeps a tight reign on them .

So he voted remain to stop loons like Johnson and Gove getting to power and now would vote leave to keep loons like Johnson and Gove in power.

So what crime did he commit?
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/wh...t-obstruction/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Like I said it was an impeachment excercise or a PR campaign for impeachment. There was was no underlying crime, it was all manufactured. I sincerely hope that you never get investigated for a crime that you didn't commit, and they don't spent over two years using tremendous resources and dodgy methods, trying to catch you out on something you said or did while trying to defend yourself. It was a proper stitch up, or a whitch-hunt even! I can only assume that you condone this type of behaviour on political grounds, or just out of pure hatred?

Like I said it was an impeachment excercise or a PR campaign for impeachment. There was was no underlying crime, it was all manufactured. I sincerely hope that you never get investigated for a crime that you didn't commit, and they don't spent over two years using tremendous resources and dodgy methods, trying to catch you out on something you said or did while trying to defend yourself. It was a proper stitch up, or a whitch-hunt even! I can only assume that you condone this type of behaviour on political grounds, or just out of pure hatred?
    So, we have your, in my view, deeply biased opinion of the individuals involved against the conclusions of a respected fact checking site, along with the testimony of the author of the report, when it comes to what the Mueller Report said. What I think is immaterial, but it does seem to me that there is enough there to at least doubt your take on the whole thing. All of which brings me back to my original point which is your rubbishing of the Mueller Report while at the same time claiming that it completely exonerated Donald Trump - it isn't just Boris Johnson who wants to have his cake and eat it!

So, we have your, in my view, deeply biased opinion of the individuals involved against the conclusions of a respected fact checking site, along with the testimony of the author of the report, when it comes to what the Mueller Report said. What I think is immaterial, but it does seem to me that there is enough there to at least doubt your take on the whole thing. All of which brings me back to my original point which is your rubbishing of the Mueller Report while at the same time claiming that it completely exonerated Donald Trump - it isn't just Boris Johnson who wants to have his cake and eat it!
    My opinion is based on available evidence. If there was no underlying crime and the whole thing was manufactured, then what exactly was Mueller investigating?

The exoneration issue only came up because people like lardy were saying he wasn't exonerated, so obviously I had to challenge him on that statement as there was no predicate crime to begin with. This was a separate issue to the actual creation of the report, and only came about after the fact.

Looks like there could be a deal;-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...er-concessions

Who will LOM blame if nobody votes for it?

Because of the Benn Act all roads lead to Johnson breaking his solemn promise apart from the one where they go back to the initial agreement Theresa May struck before being kebabbed by the DUP. This led to the move from an island of Ireland solution to the all UK backstop. If these reports are true it will be interesting to see how the DUP/ERG react. Could even cause friction in the DUP as Dodds sounded less on board than Forster at the weekend on the likely path.

Next place to watch is Scotland as Sturgeon will soon cry foul about the competitive advantage NI could gain and push her independence agenda pointing to something tangible that has real benefits compared with where Scotland sits.