Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
Distancing themselves from McKay who was making disparaging comments about the club? The club were getting stick from the broadsheets and McKay who did his TV interview, so I don't think the club could have said nothing. They were reacting to Nantes' demands for payments while his body wasn't found, while McKay was throwing as much mud so his name wouldn't get tarnished.
By releasing official statements in answer to press reports, wasn't the club engaging in the exact kind of tit for tat that you accused Nantes (who actually said nothing publicly as far as I'm aware) of being guilty of?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this issue because I don't believe the club gained anything at all by releasing the statements they did. Indeed, it's looked to me like City have simply been desperately trying to publicly distance themselves from any blame for the Sala situation and point the fingers at others, but I cannot see the benefit of doing that. It's almost like the club has been protesting too much. When all is said and done, CCFC will or will not have to pay the transfer fee based on the legality or otherwise of the player's contract. Statements about the accident or the pilot or agents won't make a scrap of difference in reality, but I appreciate you see this differently and you are, of course, fully entitled to hold such an opinion.

I can't help wondering how you and others would have reacted had a rival club handled this situation in the way that Cardiff have, but given the unique circumstances it's thankfully something we'll never find out.