+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    They would indeed, if there were any. I’d assume any performance-related add-ons would be null and void if the conditions weren’t met, but as none of us know what was in the contract, it’s impossible for any of us to know for sure what Nantes are legally owed.
    So I presume FIFA's ruling [ or is it an opinion], hasn't taken the full contract details into consideration. Anyway, I don't think it's going to be a 'football' decision, more likely a point of contract law/ownership decided by lawyers specializing in this field, which is ultimately where any insurance underwriters will place their judgement..

International

They would indeed, if there were any. I’d assume any performance-related add-ons would be null and void if the conditions weren’t met, but as none of us know what was in the contract, it’s impossible for any of us to know for sure what Nantes are legally owed.
    Yes, that is my point. the stated 15M may include those things which for example by dint of non appearance would be void. So rather than clarify anything the FIFA staement compounds the confusion.

First and foremost RIP Sala.
    But what would have happened if he didnt die tragically like he did but played for us and in his first game he had an injury that ended his career.
    Would we and he be insured for that ?
    Would the club get an insurance pay out?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    First and foremost RIP Sala.
    But what would have happened if he didnt die tragically like he did but played for us and in his first game he had an injury that ended his career.
    Would we and he be insured for that ?
    Would the club get an insurance pay out?
    Yes clubs are insured against that.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Yes clubs are insured against that.
    Similarly if a player died as a result of an injury, playing or training. But it's whether insurance extends to death outside the 'workplace., or perhaps to an illness. No doubt we'll all be to the wiser in the coming months -or years [!] ..

It can be weird, West Ham got nothing when Dean Ashton’s career was ended in England training.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    It can be weird, West Ham got nothing when Dean Ashton’s career was ended in England training.
    West Ham did get money though - they sued the FA, Chelsea and Wright-Phillips.

So taking that into account we should sue the Pilot, the Firm the Pilot was working for and the People who arranged the flight ( which maybe the agent rather than the bankrupt McKay - let him sue his dad ).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Distancing themselves from McKay who was making disparaging comments about the club? The club were getting stick from the broadsheets and McKay who did his TV interview, so I don't think the club could have said nothing. They were reacting to Nantes' demands for payments while his body wasn't found, while McKay was throwing as much mud so his name wouldn't get tarnished.
    This is a balanced and appropriate response that considers a wider array of variables. Unfortunately there are a few, apparently quite articulate, people on here who when they get into a debate (I’m being kind here) seem to find it rather difficult to see anyone else’s perspective no matter how rational.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I wish we'd paid it because of these

s2.jpeg

s.jpg

He was our player. If what happened hadn't happened any registration issues or paperwork issues would have been ironed out without any of us knowing and he would have played a week later. Saying "yeah but TECHNICALLY he wasn't wasn't ours" once he died is a bit tasteless in my opinion.

I understand the financial reasons and that the club would have been led by the insurers and that 10 million is 10 million but personally I don't like it. It's something about the club that I'm not proud of and that's not going to change.
    Agreed but what if they’ve been advised whoever is supposed to pay will be insured anyway?

Would be a bit stupid to pay if Nantes still owned him and could claim the cash through insurance.

By releasing official statements in answer to press reports, wasn't the club engaging in the exact kind of tit for tat that you accused Nantes (who actually said nothing publicly as far as I'm aware) of being guilty of?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this issue because I don't believe the club gained anything at all by releasing the statements they did. Indeed, it's looked to me like City have simply been desperately trying to publicly distance themselves from any blame for the Sala situation and point the fingers at others, but I cannot see the benefit of doing that. It's almost like the club has been protesting too much. When all is said and done, CCFC will or will not have to pay the transfer fee based on the legality or otherwise of the player's contract. Statements about the accident or the pilot or agents won't make a scrap of difference in reality, but I appreciate you see this differently and you are, of course, fully entitled to hold such an opinion.

I can't help wondering how you and others would have reacted had a rival club handled this situation in the way that Cardiff have, but given the unique circumstances it's thankfully something we'll never find out.
    I think you are being very unfair to the club. As you say this was a unique situation and to a large extent the club has had to be guided by solicitors and insurance companies. I think they have done a decent job in these terrible circumstances.
    From press reports the club has helped the family financially and were present at the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think you are being very unfair to the club. As you say this was a unique situation and to a large extent the club has had to be guided by solicitors and insurance companies. I think they have done a decent job in these terrible circumstances.
    I don't believe for a second that any of the club's statements have been guided by solicitors or insurance companies. The decision not to pay Nantes may have been, but that's a different matter.

We have appealed to the c a s

Horrible situation which should be done in private but will no doubt continue to be in the news until fully settled.

It looks terrible on Cardiff as a club but all other clubs our size where £15M really matters would do the same. Money talks and ultimately Cardiff is a business.

Cardiff are currently trying to get out of paying the money in the first place. If this falls through, they'll no doubt look at insurance and sueing.

Total tragedy. Would love to have seen him play. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Horrible situation which should be done in private but will no doubt continue to be in the news until fully settled.

It looks terrible on Cardiff as a club but all other clubs our size where £15M really matters would do the same. Money talks and ultimately Cardiff is a business.

Cardiff are currently trying to get out of paying the money in the first place. If this falls through, they'll no doubt look at insurance and sueing.

Total tragedy. Would love to have seen him play. RIP.
    It will have come through the insurers. We're either not covered, or they're wanting us to go down every avenue first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    t will have come through the insurers.
    Is that a fact? Or are you guessing? Is it certain that the player was insured?

Is that a fact? Or are you guessing? Is it certain that the player was insured?
    If you read the second part of my post where I put, "we're either not covered", you'd see.

Pretty grim this. Whether we are right to appeal or not, the fact 9 months later this is being played out in public is horrible.

Very grim viewing.
    We are not being shown in a good light at all.
    Emiliano’s poor family.

As Delmbox says, as far as I’m concerned, he was our player and I bet Warnock would say the same if asked.