+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

Re: Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Or whether she was happy with the attention at the time?
    Just to understand what you are saying as you seem to have moved on from "it happened a long time and why now"?

You speculate that the person who says she was groped by the current Prime Minister kept it quiet for twenty years because she actually liked the attention??

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...highs-20328199

So what?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

I just don't get why this alleged action has any relevance, and why it is being aired in the media now.
    No your not missing anything , its turning into a Bill Clinton type of era for old Boris , its funny as we have all these folk on CCMB who reckon the process is right wing , well the right wing press are having a go .

Its seems old Boris was a right one with the ladies 20 years ago , squeezed a thigh or two, really .

Oh he dropped litter as well back 23 years ago Mars wrapper chased it couldn't catch it guess its on CCTV .

They better watch out as it only made old Bill popular with the ladies and men .

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    For those who feel too much time has elapsed: how did you feel when the Jimmy Saville investigation was going on?
    Jimmy Saville v this really

Well I for one never said that I thought that to much time had elapsed, & I will state again that I am no way defending Johnson.
    I stated that it seemed a bit fishy, to me, that she has only mentioned it now when he is PM & that it seems strange, to me, that an event that upset her so much that 20 odd years later she is now accusing the PM of groping her yet she doesn"t know when it happened other than it occurred some time in a 10 year time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Jimmy Saville v this really
    Groping v dropping a Mars wrapper - really?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Well I for one never said that I thought that to much time had elapsed, & I will state again that I am no way defending Johnson.
    I stated that it seemed a bit fishy, to me, that she has only mentioned it now when he is PM & that it seems strange, to me, that an event that upset her so much that 20 odd years later she is now accusing the PM of groping her yet she doesn"t know when it happened other than it occurred some time in a 10 year time frame.
    All I have seen was that she said it happened shortly after he became editor of The Spectator in 1999. What's your source for the 10 year time frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Once when I was coming out of the grange-end, some pervert grabbed me from behind and forced his hand up between my legs. I can’t remember what game it was or what date it was but it happened. I’ve never forgotten it, it was scary, painful and distressing. I was young, I did not report it or tell anyone at the time.

I could give you numerous occasions when men have touched me inappropriately over the years, I could tell you some of their names but I can’t remember the year it happened.

When you are a young woman, and a man touches you inappropriately it’s very difficult to speak out about it.

I have no doubt he did it, he has form.
    What 'form' is that then ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The message I took from the post was one of sympathy that a girl/woman dedicated to Cardiff City had to suffer the indignity of a sexual assault at a game in silence but I guess looking for evidence to support the view that Boris Johnson has "form" is another way of viewing it.

She said it happened sometime in the 90"s or early 2,000"s.
    That is how I arrived at a 10 year time frame.
    If as some have stated it has been known for years what he did it & the media are only now reporting on it then surely there would be a more definitive date of when the incident occurred ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    She said it happened sometime in the 90"s or early 2,000"s.
    That is how I arrived at a 10 year time frame.
    If as some have stated it has been known for years what he did it & the media are only now reporting on it then surely there would be a more definitive date of when the incident occurred ?
    She said it happened shortly after Johnson became editor of the Spectator in 1999. It might have been that year or in 2000. The 10 year spread is all in your head!

Boris Johnson has been a larger than life public figure for nearly 20 years.
    If you can’t see the dropping of this accusation now in order to discredit him, there really is no helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Groping v dropping a Mars wrapper - really?
    Squeeze of the thigh ,is not groping , unless she was sexual pleasured at the time , it was all about in our heyday ,some girls actively liked the attention .

Now dropping that Mars bar I think calls for a custodial sentence .

I am glad though the lady in question has now overcome twenty years of pain ,anguish , and finally recognized the culprit ,I do wonder if she would every remember it was Boris if he hadn't been become PM , thank god for justice , ,hey this is serous stuff , much worse than the Stormy Daniels and Monica Lewinsky affairs .

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Perhaps it’s got something to do with Johnson becoming PM and having morals that belong in the gutter.
    Is the correct answer.

Squeeze of the thigh ,is not groping , unless she was sexual pleasured at the time , it was all about in our heyday ,some girls actively liked the attention .

I am glad though the lady in question has now overcome twenty years of pain ,anguish , and finally recognized the culprit ,I do wonder if she would every remember it was Boris if he hadn't been become PM , thank god for justice , ,hey this is serous stuff , much worse than the Stormy Daniels and Monica Lewinsky affairs .
    It's only groping if the female receives sexual pleasure? Is that what you're actually saying here?

No your not missing anything , its turning into a Bill Clinton type of era for old Boris , its funny as we have all these folk on CCMB who reckon the process is right wing , well the right wing press are having a go .

Its seems old Boris was a right one with the ladies 20 years ago , squeezed a thigh or two, really .

Oh he dropped litter as well back 23 years ago Mars wrapper chased it couldn't catch it guess its on CCTV .

They better watch out as it only made old Bill popular with the ladies and men .
    I thought you’d be on here with another nonsensical rant. You haven’t surprised me.

If I were you I’d really think about that first paragraph. It’s like you’ve got pissed, attached a pen to your head and randomly nodded your head in the direction of the keyboard.

Wow what a wanker

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    FFS he doesn’t know how many kids he has.

And then there’s this.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics....conservatives

Lovely boy our Boris

Are you for real? You have some serious issues.

Bloody hell what form has he got

Dml never change pal

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Boris Johnson has been a larger than life public figure for nearly 20 years.
    If you can’t see the dropping of this accusation now in order to discredit him, there really is no helping you.
    Why not when he made mayor of London? Or joined team Brexit? Or foreign secretary? Mayor and foreign secretary in particular would have been seen by many as his likely political pinnacle as most people recognise him for what he is: a dangerous moron. Are you suggesting they were keeping the powder dry for the (at the time) exceedingly unlikely event he made PM?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's only groping if the female receives sexual pleasure? Is that what you're actually saying here?
    Pretty sure this is an attempt at humour

How do you go about proving somebody groped somebody 20 yrs ago?
    It’s one persons word against another.
    I sympathise with Aunty Andy, and her horrible experience at a City game. I sympathise with this woman if Johnson groped her.
    My point is though, if the incident isn't reported straight away, and I know it’s difficult for many victims to do so, then the more time that goes by, the less chance of proving anything and getting any justice.

Even if it is reported straight away it’s almost impossible. It’s why conviction and reporting of sexual assault is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How do you go about proving somebody groped somebody 20 yrs ago?
    It’s one persons word against another.
    I sympathise with Aunty Andy, and her horrible experience at a City game. I sympathise with this woman if Johnson groped her.
    My point is though, if the incident isn't reported straight away, and I know it’s difficult for many victims to do so, then the more time that goes by, the less chance of proving anything and getting any justice.
    Yep, and that's how people get away with it.

Let's face it, given the number of allegations and proven facts against Johnson during his public life, groping a woman's thigh is not going to turn his apologists and supporters against him is it?

One thing I'm in agreement with Donald Trump on is his contention that “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,”. For reasons I cannot begin to understand, some people on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean are prepared to believe anything a compulsive liar tells them and it's getting to the stage that the same thing is happening here.

I've remarked on here recently that it's quite amusing to see the knots ardent Leavers have had to tie themselves up in over the last few months as they try to defend the indefensible and, in the time since Johnson became PM, this has extended to those who still support the Conservative Party. Time was that the Conservative party conference offered an easy target for satirists who wanted to portray them as "the hang em/flog em" brigade when it came to, say, stealing bags of crisps, now they have to excuse all sorts of dodgy behaviour because they believe the man responsible is going to get them their Brexit.

My politics are completely different to Trump and Johnson's but my loathing of them has little really to do with that, it's entirely down to the sort of men they are. To illustrate what I mean, just look what Johnson's brother and sister have said and done about him in recent weeks - I know it's said that Brexit has divided families, but come on!

Just look what Max Hastings, his one time boss at the Daily Telegraph and hardly a Corbyn type red, had to say about Johnson;-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-party-britain

In these times especially, there is a lot of turning arguments on their head and saying "ah yes, but the other lot would be just as bad or worse" (I quite often do it myself), but I don't think that is true in this particular instance. If Jeremy Corbyn was accused of groping a female journalist, then I think that would have serious implications for him as far as the degree of support he had in his party went - on the contrary, it seems the Conservatives are happy to back Johnson on this no matter what.

So many of those willing to give their wholehearted support to Johnson are of an age where they may not be around in twenty years time, but, if they are, and they look themselves in the mirror in 2039 and are absolutely honest with themselves, they will not regard what they did in 2019 as their finest hour.