+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...highs-20328199

So what?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

I just don't get why this alleged action has any relevance, and why it is being aired in the media now.

Re: Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...highs-20328199

So what?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

I just don't get why this alleged action has any relevance, and why it is being aired in the media now.
    Probably for the Politics board but it is an interesting question on the Statute of Limitations for personal misdemeanour for those in public life.

In 1984, 15 years before Johnson allegedly committed his groping, Jeremy Corbyn met two Irish Nationalists shortly after the Brighton Bombing;

In 1999, Prince Andrew first formed relationship with Jeffery Epstein;

In 2001, Justin Trudeau browned his face in a way that his threatening his tenure as Prime Minister of Canada.

It's because the woman in question has got a new job in the newspaper and wants to sell copies.
    She was gossip coloumist for the standard for 20years nothing was mentioned before now.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with Brexit, nothing at all, and the timing of it is pure coincidence.

Perhaps it’s got something to do with Johnson becoming PM and having morals that belong in the gutter.

All historic crimes need to be investigated and if found guilty they should be punished

BUT

lets be honest, it has come out now to damage him as PM, nothing more,nothing less, has just just remembered this incident ? ? ? ? if justice was important to her, why not make the allegations ALOT earlier

The Justin Trudeau case is very interesting, If he wasnt so P.C / Liberal , the P.C / Liberal crowd would be all over this shouting for him to resign, but as he is one of them, not much is being said about it, Now imagine if he was slightly right of centre, can you imagine the uproar

It upset her so much that she can"t remember whether it happened in the 90"s or early 2,000"s ?
    I am not defending Johnson but it sounds pretty fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Probably for the Politics board but it is an interesting question on the Statute of Limitations for personal misdemeanour for those in public life.

In 1984, 15 years before Johnson allegedly committed his groping, Jeremy Corbyn met two Irish Nationalists shortly after the Brighton Bombing;

In 2001, Justin Trudeau browned his face in a way that his threatening his tenure as Prime Minister of Canada.
    I thought of putting it on the politics board, but this is another example of someone being accused long after the event.

Twenty, thirty, forty years ago ... it does not really matter. If there was a grievance at the time then it should have been dealt with then, no matter who the suspect is.

To bring it up now to discredit a public figure is i.m.o. pathetic.

I wonder how many other people will now jump on the band-wagon and make (possibly false) accusations?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    It upset her so much that she can"t remember whether it happened in the 90"s or early 2,000"s ?
    Or whether she was happy with the attention at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This has got absolutely nothing to do with Brexit, nothing at all, and the timing of it is pure coincidence.
    Bollox, he's a fat fingered pervert

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    All historic crimes need to be investigated and if found guilty they should be punished

BUT

lets be honest, it has come out now to damage him as PM, nothing more,nothing less, has just just remembered this incident ? ? ? ? if justice was important to her, why not make the allegations ALOT earlier

The Justin Trudeau case is very interesting, If he wasnt so P.C / Liberal , the P.C / Liberal crowd would be all over this shouting for him to resign, but as he is one of them, not much is being said about it, Now imagine if he was slightly right of centre, can you imagine the uproar
    Not much is being said? He is being ripped mercilessly on Canadian /us Twitter.

https://twitter.com/arishish/status/...811556866?s=19

This one made me chuckle

An abuse of power by someone who suddenly has a lot more power is surely newsworthy.
    Can't see anything coming from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

This a really good watch.Who met who where and when and some of the bad things which went on both sides.reporter Peter Taylor reflects on almost a half century of covering the Northern Ireland conflict.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0007pb4

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

BUT

Interesting though that the source of this and the Jennifer Arcuri accusations both came from Rupert Murdoch's Sunday Times. Either its the demonstration of a free press (Murdoch spread betting?) or there is an agenda from one part of the Tory establishment elite by drip feeding dirt against another part of it!

Once when I was coming out of the grange-end, some pervert grabbed me from behind and forced his hand up between my legs. I can’t remember what game it was or what date it was but it happened. I’ve never forgotten it, it was scary, painful and distressing. I was young, I did not report it or tell anyone at the time.

I could give you numerous occasions when men have touched me inappropriately over the years, I could tell you some of their names but I can’t remember the year it happened.

When you are a young woman, and a man touches you inappropriately it’s very difficult to speak out about it.

I have no doubt he did it, he has form.

As I said I am in no way defending him but it does seem a bit iffy that she has waited 20 years, or more, considering he has been in the public eye for a long time, & has only mentioned it now that he is PM & can"t even remember when it happened as she can only narrow it down to it happened sometime in a 5-10 year period.

As I said I am in no way defending him but it does seem a bit iffy that she has waited 20 years, or more, considering he has been in the public eye for a long time, & has only mentioned it now that he is PM & can"t even remember when it happened as she can only narrow it down to it happened sometime in a 5-10 year period.
    As above

So it seems completely normal & reasonable to you.
    Fair enough then we will have to agree to disagree then.

Perhaps she did say something about it before now but some news editor thought it was a non-story because he thought, like a lot of guys, men grope women all the time and it's just "harmless fun". Some guy today made out it was probably just some kind of advance.

I would imagine the press/media are sitting on many a story concerning prominent people. The majority don’t come to light because I s’pose there’s not enough interest or the person involved has toed the line aware of the shitstorm that could occur should he rock the boat. Johnson though is a bombastic, thinks he’s bullet proof type, he’s had a privileged life, always pandered to, rarely been told ‘no’ and has blustered and bulldozed his way through. Well he’s hit the top now, Prime Minister, no hiding place and folk who he’s upset or rode roughshod over have bided their time, he’s there to be shot down, chickens do come home to roost no matter how long people have kept their powder dry.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I would imagine the press/media are sitting on many a story concerning prominent people. The majority don’t come to light because I s’pose there’s not enough interest or the person involved has toed the line aware of the shitstorm that could occur should he rock the boat. Johnson though is a bombastic, thinks he’s bullet proof type, he’s had a privileged life, always pandered to, rarely been told ‘no’ and has blustered and bulldozed his way through. Well he’s hit the top now, Prime Minister, no hiding place and folk who he’s upset or rode roughshod over have bided their time, he’s there to be shot down, chickens do come home to roost no matter how long people have kept their powder dry.
    Many a person panicking about that bit of “outside top”, behind the bike shed

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Many a person panicking about that bit of “outside top”, behind the bike shed
    Especially if you went to an all boys school

For those who feel too much time has elapsed: how did you feel when the Jimmy Saville investigation was going on?
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 30-09-19 at 20:55. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    For those who feel too much time has elapsed: how did you feel when the Jimmy Saville investigation was going on?
    And the football abusers whose despicable acts weren’t revealed until years after.

I don't fully understand why it's being aired 20 years later but maybe it has been written in the context of Boris Johnson's take on his own words/actions of recent weeks - very much that he didn't have a case to answer - and trying to make him feel responsible for his output. Or maybe it is just an accusation with a political edge, but then it has been written by a newspaper that has traditionally supported the Tory party and, indeed, Brexit.

Ultimately, this is something that the person remembers 20 years later because it made them feel uncomfortable. There are ways to respond to that and saying it didn't happen is not the best way.

I wonder if Boris Johnson is happy about it coming out though? He won't lose any votes over this and may well be protected from the next scandal but is at the same time the accusation of him misusing public money while mayor of London, which has largely been forgotten today. I'd much rather be accused of a relatively minor incident 20 years ago than gross misconduct within the last 10 years.